Coffee – almost everyone loves coffee or coffee products. It is not a simple beverage that attracts with its aroma and taste but also exhibits certain effective properties like an antioxidant agent, increases blood circulation to prevent cellulite, aids in proper hair growth, etc.
In general, coffee beans have some natural oils which will be activated with heat application that often termed as essence or caffeol. This coffee oil is included in many things like cosmetics, fragrances, biodiesel and health supplements.
Benefits of using Coffee Oil:
Here are some of the benefits mentioned of using coffee oil on the skin, hair and health.
- It acts as an antioxidant that prevents the attack of free radicals on the skin.
- It uplifts your mood by reducing stress, anxiety, and depression by smelling the oil.
- It increases blood circulation in the body to promote hair growth by reducing the hair shedding.
- It tightens the skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite and also prevents wrinkles and dark circles.
- It acts as a respiratory aid that can be used to clear blocked nasal passage. Also, it is used as an aromatherapy.
- It is used as a light moisturizing oil that gives shine to both skin and hair.
Do you know that this effective coffee oil can be prepared at home with simple ingredients?
Yes, we can prepare coffee oil in two methods viz., cold infusion method and heat infusion method. Have a look on how to prepare this oil at home and use it.
Method – 1: (Cold Infused Method)
This method is a time-consuming process and all you need is ground coffee and any carrier oil.
- Combine 3/4 cup of ground coffee and 1 cup of olive oil or coconut oil in a jar.
- Put its lid and shake it well.
- Keep it in a dry place for up to 1 – 3 weeks or a month.
- But be sure to shake it daily or on every alternate day.
- Then strain the oil using a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Store it in a jar for regular usage.
Method – 2: (Hot Infused Method)
This method is preferred by most of us, why because it can be prepared easily in a short span of time. Here, we use coffee beans instead of ground coffee.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of ground coffee beans and 8 tablespoons of pure olive oil in a small crock pot.
- Cook on a medium to high heat for few minutes to few hours.
- Stir occasionally and turn off the heat.
- Strain the oil using cheesecloth and store it in a glass jar.
Avoid taking this coffee essential oil internally. Pregnant women and children should not use this oil without consulting their doctor. Also, conduct a skin patch test before using it.
Prepare this coffee infused oil and use it regularly to grab many skin and hair benefits. Do you have any queries on this coffee infused oil? Then share it in the comments box.