Using chemical based harsh soaps will damage your skin, didn’t you feel that damage? Then it’s time to shift to use a body wash rather than soap bar.
Don’t worried about those costly body washes? Here we are going to know how to make an amazing coconut oil body wash at home with easy ingredients in simple steps.
Before starting, remember that regular usage of homemade body wash will help you in living more natural life, avoids chemicals or toxins damaging your skin, easy to prepare and use, cost affordable and can be used for everyone in the home.
Ingredients used in making Homemade Body Wash:
Coconut oil – It has rich content of coco-nutrients that moisturizes the skin without clogging the skin pores and makes you feel fresh.
Raw honey – Honey is a well-known skin soother that moisturizes your skin, heals your marks or scars on the skin, restores the elasticity and prevents germs with its antibacterial properties. But always prefer raw and unfiltered honey.
Liquid castile soap – Pure liquid castle soap will make your body wash with enough suds (without adding any chemical based foaming agents. Always prefer using an unscented castile soap (or vegetable soap) for this body wash. It is gentle and non – toxic.
Essential oils – Essential oils helps to clear the skin with its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. It soothes, heals, deodorize, disinfect and repair the skin.
Vitamin E oil – Vitamin E is essential for skin moisturizing and repairing. It fights against the free radicals damaging the cells with its antioxidant property. It is a most common ingredient used in many skin care products.
Coconut Oil with Honey Body Wash:
- Melt 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil by heating it indirectly.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E, 1/4 cup of raw honey, 10 – 15 drops of your favorite essential (or combinations of it) oil in it.
- Stir well and slowly add 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap and stir gently.
- Transfer this mix to a glass or plastic bottle for regular usage.
- Shake well before each use and follow it regularly to get a soft and glowing skin.
- Or mix 2/3 cup of liquid castile soap, 1/4 cup of raw honey, 2 teaspoons of carrier oil (olive oil or sweet almond or jojoba or grapeseed oil), 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and 50 – 60 drops of essential oils. Pour it in a bottle and use it regularly.
- Or use rosewater instead of honey and vitamin E oil while preparing your body wash.
- Alternatively, mix 1/2 cup of coconut milk, 2/3 cup of castile soap, 3 teaspoons of vitamin E oil, 5 drops of lavender oil and 2 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin. Shake it well and use it regularly within a short span of time.
Tips and Precautions:
- This body wash will last longer for few months, as all the ingredients used in this wash have longer shelf life.
- Remember that this homemade body washes will not lather like commercial body washes. But they are effective in cleaning your skin and keeping it well hydrated.
- To get a thicker consistency, use a bit of sea salt or vegetable glycerin to your homemade body wash.
Try experimenting with different combinations of oils with liquid castile soap and enjoy homemade body wash. Also, feel free to share your experience about homemade coconut oil body wash with us.
Leave a Reply