Menstruation (or period) is a natural phenomenon that was faced by every woman in between 11 to 50 years of age in every month. This condition will bring out the femininity in every woman and make them healthy to perform their regular activities.
During this period time, different ladies will face different types of problems like menstrual cramps, sensitivity, headache, nausea, bloating, and other problems. But at certain times, there may be some important trips or occasions or parties or competitions or attending ritual at the temple, etc.
Then almost every woman thinks of a pill to postpone their period. Pausing your period by popping up some hormonal pills may result in side effects like excess or heavy bleeding, severe pain, headaches, etc. in the longer run.
So, instead of taking some hormonal or synthetic pills, why don’t you choose some best natural remedies to delay your periods and enjoy your plans without any side effects on your reproductive system and overall body in future.
Some people think that altering the cycle of menstruation may affect the health. But at certain times (not regularly) is good for health without any side effects, as it will reactive the system and make it function properly.
Always remember that any change in your lifestyle and diet will influence your period dates like a new diet, physical activities, hormonal changes, etc. may result in shifting the dates. Considering diet – certain foods results in postpone and certain leads to pre-pone of your cycle. Food which has a property of heat producing will pace up blood circulation and induces your period early. Cold foods will slow down your blood flow and thereby push back the cycle.
Women can have a lot of reasons to delay their periods, as they can be hindered if we are on heavy periods. So, to help all those ladies, here in this article, we listed some amazing natural remedies to postpone your period.
Home Remedies to Delay your Period Naturally:
Here are the best natural remedies and tips that help you to get control over your cycle in your favor in a safe and effective manner.
Remedy – 1: (Gram Lentils)
We all know that diet plays an important role in increasing or decreasing days of your menstrual period. Some foods have a substantial effect and can be consumed to get relief from that problem (like gram lentils to delay your menstrual cycle). Having some soup prepared by gram lentils will help to postpone your periods and make you enjoy the event tension-free.
Steps to be followed…
- Take some gram lentils and fry them until it becomes soft.
- Then grind them for few minutes to get a fine powder.
- Use this gram lentil powder to prepare a thick soup and consume it.
- The intake of this gram lentil soup daily will restrict the cycle and thereby delays the date of your menstrual cycle.
Remedy – 2: (Vinegar)
Vinegar is another most effective natural ways to postpone your periods. Sipping vinegar water will help you a lot to delay your period if consumed once daily.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 3 – 4 teaspoons of vinegar (apple cider vinegar) in 1 glass of filtered water.
- Stir well and drink it to delay your menstrual symptoms.
- If it tastes bitter or bad then consider adding some raw honey to it before drinking.
- Drinking this vinegar water once daily will help to delay periods for 3 – 4 days.
- Intake of vinegar water for 2 – 3 times daily will definitely help to delay your period problem further.
Note: Or simply mix equal parts of vinegar and fresh lemon juice and drink it twice daily – once on an empty stomach and another one at night before bedtime to remove toxins from the body and to delay periods.
Remedy – 3: (Raspberry Leaf Tea & Angelica Root)
Raspberry leaf is popular for its astonishing health benefits that include delaying the menstruation and also improves the health of your reproductive system. Here we are using raspberry leaves as an herbal remedy for delaying the periods without any side effects.
- Take few raspberry leaves and dry them thoroughly.
- Steep few leaves in 1 cup of hot water for few minutes to prepare tea.
- Strain it to drink this raspberry tea to delay the periods.
- Regular intake of this raspberry leaves tea for once or twice daily will help you a lot in postponing your periods.
- Or you can use the dried leaves and churned it into a fine powder and thereby prepare it as a tea.
- It will give best results if you boil dried raspberry tea leaves along with the garden sage and angelica root and cool it. Refrigerate the mix and consume 2 spoons of this solution once daily after it reached to room temperature.
Remedy – 4: (Parsley Leaves)
Parsley is an effective herbal remedy that helps to postpone your menstrual cycle as per your convenience without any side effects.
Steps to be followed…
- Take a handful of parsley leaves and chop it.
- Pour them in 1 cup of water and boil it on a low flame for 20 minutes.
- In this boiling process, water will get the flavor of the leaves.
- Then turn off the heat and strain the water into another mug and stir it by adding 1 spoon of honey.
- Drink this parsley water for once or twice daily and continue sipping this tea until you want to delay your periods.
Remedy – 5: (Gelatin)
A lot of women prefer to use this remedy for delaying their menstrual cycle naturally. You can use either store bought or gelatin at your home.
Steps to be followed…
- Empty the entire pack of gelatin in a bowl which is filled with warm water.
- Let it sit for a minute and consume it to delay your periods.
- As per the estimation of certain ladies, drinking this gelatin water will postpone your period up to 4 hours. So, you have to gulp this solution for thrice daily till the time you want to postpone your cycle.
Remedy – 6: (Fuller’s Earth)
We all are aware that fuller’s earth for a glowing skin, fair complexion and add some charm but do you know that mixture of fuller’s earth along with rose water will help to delay your periods? Here is the recipe which you have to follow to postpone the cycle.
- Soak 25 grams of fuller’s earth with enough rose water.
- Leave it for about 3 – 4 hours by covering the mix.
- Then filter the solution and consume it equal parts for 4 days.
- Practice this regularly until the date to keep the periods at bay.
Remedy – 7: (Lemon)
The vitamin C, citric acid and acidic properties of lemon will help you in postponing the date of your menstrual cycle. The intake of lemon not only helps to delay your period but also helps to resolve the complications (like inflammation, pain or tenderness) occurring during your menstrual cycle.
- Take a fresh lemon and cut it in half.
- Squeeze out its juice into a glass filled with water.
- Drink it once or twice regularly to get a delay in your menstrual cycle.
- Remember to avoid the intake of lemons when you’re having periods why because it will increase the pain and irritation.
- Or simply chew some fresh lemon slices on daily basis to prolong your period date.
Remedy – 8: (Tamarind Pulp)
The tingling tamarind will delay your menstruation by regulating your hormonal levels. We need to prepare refreshing tamarind drink to keep this menses away for few days.
- Take 15 grams of tamarind and soak it in 260 ml of water for few minutes.
- Then filter the seeds and add a small amount of salt and sugar (as per your taste) to it.
- Stir and pour few ice cubes and drink it to get relief from periods early.
- Regular intake will help you to delay your menses for few days.
Other Effective Remedies:
Avoid the Intake of Spicy Food – Spicy food will boost up your blood flow and generate heat in the body which in turn initiates your menstrual cycle. So, if you want to delay your period then avoid all types of spicy foods (like chilies, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, etc.) completely from your diet.
Get Control on Stress – Control over your stress will help you to get control over your health. Stress may result in abnormal periods, before the accepted date. So, perform deep breathing exercises, meditation and yoga will definitely bring your control over stress and thereby postpone menstrual cycle.
Herbs – Certain herbs like yarrow tinctures and shepherd’s purse (dried and ground to a powder) is having the ability to stop your blood flow and delay periods. Then make it as a fluid (mix it with water) and consume this herbal fluid to postpone your periods. The Shepherd purse is widely used to stop the excessive blood flow during hemorrhages and thereby delays your menstrual bleeding.
Exercise – Emotional stress is one main reason causing menstrual period before time and you can easily combat stress with regular exercises why because the exercise will keep you in a good state of physical fitness. People with less or no physical activities will suffer from a variety of complications like abnormal periods. So, go for walking, jogging, running, swimming, etc. to regain proper physical balance.
Water – Inadequate drinking of water will also result in many health problems including abnormal periods. So, drink plenty of water (pure and good quality) to postpone your cycle along with to get normal and lighter periods regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
- It is important to start your treatment from at least 15 days prior to the expected date of menstruation why because the hormonal changes that causing menstruation will start working from 14 days before the start of next cycle.
- You may experience some symptoms like severe period cramps, hot flashes or mood swings on a frequent basis due to some disturbance in your hormonal balance of the body.
- Make sure that postponing your menstrual cycle for long days even with natural home remedies are not good for health. So, never plan to postpone your date of menstruation for a long time and stop using these natural remedies as soon as you completed your work.
- The intake of birth control pills or progesterone supplement or any hormonal pills will affect your health in the longer run.
- Be cautious about the food you’re consuming while willing to postpone your periods naturally. The intake of hot or spicy food will increase the heat in the body and thus pre-pone your periodic cycle. So, drop your habit of consuming hot rice with vegetables and consume meals which are cold to delay the cycle.
- You can easily get your periods postponed by simple massage of your uterus. Yes, it is very effective to postpone your period and also used to reduce the pain (menstrual cramps) during the period time. So, massage the uterus gently for few minutes to enhance its health and delay periods naturally.
- The intake of certain foods like papaya and carrot which are a rich content of vitamin A and beta carotene, which help to stimulate the estrogen levels in the hormones and thereby delays your period.
- Eating 2 bananas after your breakfast at least 4 – 5 days before your period date will help you in halting periods for a good number of days. Make sure to drink 1 cup of water post this binge eating.
- Consult your doctor if you find any serious side effects or using any medications before the usage of these remedies for delaying the periods.
- Stress is another important factor that prepones your periodic cycle. So, control your stress to delay and to avoid irregular menstrual cycles. So, perform yoga, deep breathing exercises, meditation, some physical exercises to tone down the muscles, stabilize the menstrual cycle and regulate your periods.
Altering your menstrual cycle is just going against nature which is risky for health but handling that with natural remedies will definitely lessen the side effects involved in it.
All the above-mentioned home remedies are effective but they may not always provide you with a sure shot way why because people have different body structure and different remedies can be more or less effective on the particular female body. So, check the best remedy that works best for you in delaying your periods.
Do you know any other successful remedies for delaying the menstrual cycle naturally? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.