Dark hands and feet will make you look unattractive even though if you have a beautiful face and a nice hair style. Most of the people concentrate on the face and protect it from the exposure to sunlight or dust.
But do you know that our hands and feet are more exposed and get darker eventually? Due to this constant exposure to sun’s harmful UV rays, the skin produces more melanin to protect itself from this effect.
We all know that production of more melanin will result in the darker skin. So, we suffer from dark hands and feet than the skin on other body parts. Also, along with sun exposure, our skin gets exposed to pollution, dirt and other harsh or harmful chemicals.
It is essential to take a complete body care to prevent the skin damage, darkness or uneven skin tone. These dark hands and feet don’t look good and make us feel embarrassed at times.
However, there are many cosmetic products available in the market for clearing this problem but the usage of natural remedies will give best results by clearing the problem completely without any side effects.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Hands and Feet:
Here are some best and effective natural remedies that help a lot in dealing with your dark hands and feet. Regular usage will help to lighten your darker skin on your hands and feet.
Let’s get started…
Remedy – 1: (Lemon)
Lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent that lightens your dark skin of your hands and feet. It is enriched with vitamin C and citric acid that helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells and enhance the growth of new cells to make your skin tone even and lighter.
- Sprinkle some sugar on 1/2 a piece of lemon.
- Use it to scrub the darker skin on your hands and feet.
- Scrub it for a couple of minutes to get rid of dead cells, dirt, and impurities on the skin.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off thoroughly with water.
- Repeat the same process regularly for once a week to get rid of the dark hands and feet.
- Or simply mix equal quantities of fresh lemon juice and raw honey and apply it on your hands and feet. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with water. Dry the skin and repeat it twice daily.
- Always remember to apply a good moisturizer to your skin after using the lemon remedies for treating dark hands and feet to prevent skin dryness.
- Also, avoid going out in sun for at least 2 – 3 hours after using this lemon on the skin.
Remedy – 2: (Yogurt)
Yogurt has lactic acid that makes it act as a bleaching agent that helps to lighten the darker skin. This acid helps to exfoliate the top layer of the skin to remove dead skin cells which mainly results in alleviating dry or darkened skin.
It also has skin soothing properties along with essential vitamins and proteins that help to keep the skin young and soft.
- Blend equal quantities of rose water and yogurt along with 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin.
- Stir well and apply it on your darkened skin areas.
- Massage gently for few minutes till the mix is thoroughly absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it for few hours to overnight and wash the area with cool water in the next morning.
- Continue applying this mix for once daily at night before bedtime until your skin tone is improved.
Note: Or simply apply some plain yogurt on the dark skin of your hands and feet. Massage it for few minutes and rinse off with water after 10 – 15 minutes. Do it 1 – 2 times daily.
Remedy – 3: (Orange Peel)
Most of us throw the orange peel without knowing its benefits towards the skin. The peel of this citric fruit has rich content of vitamin C that makes it work as a natural bleaching agent and thereby treats hyperpigmentation. The citric acid in this orange helps to exfoliate the skin to get rid of dead skin cells.
Here are few ways of using orange peel for lightening your skin in the areas of hands and feet.
- Add enough milk or yogurt to 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder and stir well to make a paste. Apply this paste on the dark skin areas and wait for 20 minutes. Then start scrubbing the paste applied areas with wet fingers using circular motions. Apply this pack for once or twice a week.
- Mix enough of rose water to 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder to make a thick paste. Then add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little of honey to this paste. Stir well and apply this paste on the hands and feet. After 15 – 20 minutes, start scrubbing it with your wet hands and rinse with cold water.
Remedy – 4: (Cucumbers)
Cucumber has skin lightening property that helps you a lot in getting rid of this unpleasant tan or skin discoloration. It is water – rich vegetable that enriched with vitamin A which helps to keep the skin hydrated and also controls the production of melanin by the skin to improve your skin tone.
Here are few ways of using cucumber for dark skin.
- Rub some fresh cucumber slices on the darkened area of the skin for about 5 – 7 minutes. Let it sit for about 15 minutes till your skin absorb this juice. Rinse the skin thoroughly with water and repeat it 2 – 3 times daily.
- Mix equal quantities of fresh cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply it onto your hands and feet and massage it gently for a couple of minutes. Wash the area with cold water after 10 – 15 minute and do it twice daily till you lighten your darker areas of the skin.
- Blend some cucumber and extract its juice. Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in this juice and apply it on your hands and feet. After 10 minutes, wipe this mix from the skin with a paper towel and wash the skin thoroughly. Repeat the same for twice daily.
Remedy – 5: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera soothes the skin and treats hyper-pigmentation to lighten the dark or tanned skin. It also moisturizes and hydrates the skin which in turn aids in natural glow to the skin (especially on the hands and feet).
- Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel on the hands and feet by rubbing all over the area for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes and wash the area with water.
- Dry the area and repeat the same process twice daily till you get even skin tone.
- Or simply mix few drops of almond oil in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Stir well and apply it on the dark skin areas and massage gently. Rinse the applied area with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it twice daily.
- Avoid stepping out directly into the sunlight for at least 1 – 2 hours after using aloe vera on the skin.
Remedy – 6: (Tomatoes)
Tomato exhibits bleaching property that help to lighten the skin on the hands and feet. It has an antioxidant called lycopene that protects the skin from sun damage and at times, it also makes the skin less sensitive to UV rays (one main reason that darkens the skin).
It exfoliates the skin effectively to remove dead cells on the skin’s surface and thus leaves your skin feels smooth, soft and glowing.
Here are some ways of using tomato for treating dark hands and feet.
- Take a piece of tomato and rub it directly on the affected areas of the skin for 2 – 3 minutes. Let the juice absorbed by the body and then rinse the applied skin areas with water after it dries. Continue doing it once daily before taking a shower.
- Mix 1 part of tomato juice with 2 parts of buttermilk and apply it on the darkened skin area by using a cotton ball. Wait for an hour and then take your shower. Repeat it once daily till you lighten your dark hands and feet.
- Simply mix equal quantities of freshly squeezed tomato juice and lemon juice and apply this mix on the dark hands and feet. Wait for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off. Do it once or twice daily.
- Mix enough of fresh tomato juice in 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder. Stir well and apply this paste on the dark hands and feet. Rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes with water.
Remedy – 7: (Turmeric)
The curcumin in turmeric acts as an antioxidant that helps to control the production of melanin in the skin and thus removes discoloration. It has skin lightening property that helps to maintain an even skin tone.
Here are few ways of using turmeric for treating your dark hands and feet.
- Add enough of cold milk to 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and stir well to make a fine paste. Apply it on the dark areas of the skin. Let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it using lukewarm water. Repeat it 1 – 2 times daily for best and faster results.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of turmeric powder and olive oil to make a fine paste. Apply it and rinse off after 10 minutes. Repeat it thrice a week to get rid of dark hands and feet.
- Mix 4 teaspoons of gram flour, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and some rose water to make it a fine paste. Apply it as a mask on the affected areas and wait for 20 – 25 minutes or till it dries. Scrub the dried mask and rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- You can also try other effective natural remedies like applying raw milk, potato juice, rose water, sugar scrubs, gram flour (mixed with water), lemon and honey, soaked almonds paste, honey, oatmeal, papaya pulp, apple cider vinegar (mixed with water), egg white, rice water, avocado paste, etc. to get rid of dark hands and feet.
- Soak your hands and feet in a mix prepared by adding 1/2 teaspoon of ACV and 1 teaspoon of rock salt in your tub filled with lukewarm water. Soak for 10 minutes and scrub it gently with a soft brush and rinse off with water. Dry the skin and apply a moisturizer.
- Drink more of water and other healthy fluids to stay hydrated and flush out the toxins from the body.
- Consume a healthy and well – balanced diet to keep your skin and body healthy and glow with an even skin tone.
- Always cover your hands and feet properly while going out to protect them from the harmful sun rays. Also, apply a sunscreen lotion before stepping out to protect your skin.
- Avoid stepping out in the sun after the usage of any products that has bleaching agents on the skin.
- Always use gentle skin care products without the usage of harsh chemical based products, as it damages the skin.
- Rinse your hands and feet thoroughly at night and dry them to massage it using a mild moisturizer or with any natural oils to make them relaxed and to nourish it.
- Exfoliate the skin for once a week to get rid of dead skin cells, dust, and other impurities and also clean the skin daily to prevent clogged pores and dirt, which makes the skin look darker.
Try these natural ways to lighten your dark hands and feet. Do you know any other successful natural remedies for brightening your dark hands and feet? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply