Curly hair always creates a trend in the fashion world. Curly hair may be considered as a gift in certain times and as a curse in other times why because the curly hair can be voluminous, bouncy and beautiful in sometimes and it also becomes dry, unruly and frizzy that makes very difficult to manage.
Frizzy hair which is more prone to breakage due to split ends is the most common and biggest problem faced by the people with curly hair. So, to make your curly hair always a god’s gift to you, then you have to reduce the frizz and keep it well nourished all the time.
However, there are many cosmetic hair care products that soften and moisture frizzy curls but the usage of natural remedies will give long lasting results to manage your hair without damaging it.
Home Remedies for Managing Curly Hair:
Discover these natural remedies which are effective in treating your frizzy and curly hair. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has amino acids, lactic acids, enzymes and other essential nutrients will maintain a proper balance of your natural pH level of your scalp. It reduces frizzy hair and add moisturize to shine your hair.
- Mix equal quantities of organic apple cider vinegar and water.
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly and use this mix as a hair rinse.
- Leave it for few minutes and finally, rinse your hair with cool water.
- Repeat the process regularly for once or twice a month to get rid of frizzy curly hair.
Method – 2: (Hot Oil Massage)
Hot oil massage will moisturize your hair and avoids dryness which in turn prevents frizzy hair. The best oils for hot oil massage are olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil for treating your dry or frizzy hair.
- Slightly warm the natural oil for 2 – 4 minutes and let it cool to reach the room temperature.
- Apply it all over your hair and massage gently for few minutes to cover every hair shaft from root to top.
- Secure it with a shower cap and the cover your head in a hot towel.
- Wait for 1 – 2 hours and then rinse your hair using a shampoo and conditioner.
- Do the same process for once or twice a week on regular basis.
Method – 3: (Beer)
Beer restores the moisture in your hair and makes it softer, shinier and bouncy. For best results, use dark and non – alcoholic beer to manage your curly hair.
- Rinse your hair with the regular shampoo and water.
- Pour the beer slowly on your hair but be sure that each strand gets coated.
- Leave it on for 5 – 10 minutes for the beer to penetrate into your hair shafts.
- Finally, rinse off with cold water and dry your hair.
- Continue doing the same process for once in every 2 weeks to manage your curly hair.
Method – 4: (Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek seeds contain high levels of lecithin, an emulsifying agent which helps to lock the moisture and leave your hair flexible. It effectively reduces the frizz and makes your hair curlier and thicker.
- Soak 3 – 4 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a bowl of water for overnight.
- Grind these soaked seeds in the next morning to make a thick paste.
- In that, mix 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Stir well and massage it on all over your scalp and hair.
- Rinse off with your regular shampoo and lukewarm water after 1 – 2 hours.
- Continue doing it for once or twice a week.
Method – 5: (Eggs)
Eggs are filled with high proteins and fat content that adds moisture and restore the shiny to your frizzy and curly hair.
- Whip an egg and add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise in it.
- Stir well and apply it on your hair thoroughly.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Continue doing the same process regularly for once a week to manage your curly hair.
Note: Or mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 finely beaten egg in 1/4 cup of pureed cucumber. Apply it on your hair and massage it to get into scalp to ends. Wait for 30 minutes by covering with a shower cap. Shampoo your hair to get rid of the problem.
Method – 6: (Avocado)
Avocado is a well-known moisturizing agent that leaves your curly hair stay shiny, hydrated and easier to manage.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt in a mashed (ripe) avocado.
- Stir well to make it a smooth creamy paste and apply it on your hair.
- Leave it on for an hour and wash your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat for once or twice every week to manage your curly hair.
- Or mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt in 1 mashed ripe avocado to make it a smooth paste. Apply it on all over your hair and wait for an hour. Rinse off with shampoo and lukewarm water. Repeat once weekly.
- Also, mix 1/2 tablespoon of almond oil in equal quantities of mashed ripe banana and avocado to make a paste. Massage it all over your hair and rinse off using a regular shampoo after 20 – 30 minutes.
Method – 7: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera has amazing moisturizing and nourishing properties that promote shine and smooth hair. it is rich in watery content and also has 12 vitamins, 20 minerals, 18 amino acids and other essential nutrients which help you to manage your curly hair.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on all over your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 – 45 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it regularly for once or twice a week.
Note: Or massage your aloe vera gel into your scalp and hair and rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes with a mild shampoo.
Method – 8: (Hibiscus)
Hibiscus is a natural conditioner that seals your hair cuticles and stops hair breakage. It effectively reset your curly, dry and flaky hair and helps you to manage the curly hair.
- Pour 3 – 4 hibiscus leaves, 2 flower petals and a little water in a grinder.
- Grind them to make a paste and if you want you can add dried hibiscus powder while making this paste.
- Apply this paste all over the hair and let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and shampoo your hair in the next day.
- Continue doing this process for once or twice a week till you get best results.
Tips and Precautions:
- Non-flavored carbonated water will lower your pH level and makes your hair soft and shiny. So, mix equal parts of carbonated water and plain water. Use this mix as a final rinse on your hair.
- Honey acts as a natural humectant that restores the lost moisture to your dry hair. So, mix equal parts of warm honey and olive oil and massage it on the scalps and hair. Cover with a shower cap and rinse off with mild shampoo after 30 – 45 minutes.
- Avoid usage of hair styling or heat styling tools like curling irons or flat irons and always use right kind of shampoo or conditioner (as per your hair type).
- Deep condition your hair for once or twice a week to keep it well hydrated and manageable.
- Never ever rinse your hair daily and also rinse your hair with clarifying shampoo or conditioner after swimming.
- Trim your hair for every 2 months to prevent split ends and also avoid over usage of your hair dryer.
- Regular massage of coconut oil or olive oil will help to regulate the blood circulation, strengthens your hair roots and reset them normally. Also, use conditioners like a banana peel, egg white, baking soda paste, lemon rinse, etc. will help you to manage the curly hair.
Try these natural remedies for treating your curly hair. Do you know any other remedies or tips for managing your curly hair? Then share it with us in the comments box.