Do you have dark circles? Are they affecting your self-esteem or depressing you? Then stop worrying about how to get rid of these dark circles. There are many natural remedies which are available at home for treating this nasty dark circles problem.
In those home remedies, cucumber is the best and most widely used remedy for preventing dark circles. Other than using cucumber, you have to get rid of stress, work tensions, have healthy diet, sleep for 8 – 9 hours, relax yourself in between the work done on systems, etc. will definitely help you in reducing the dark circles.
Cucumber properties for treating Dark Circles:
- It contains astringent, skin – lightening and cooling properties that help to lighten up the skin under the eyes.
- It has various anti – oxidants such as vitexin, isoscoparin, orientin and cucurbitacins and also silica that leaves the skin feel soft, smooth and refreshed.
- It has rich source of vitamins like A, C and K that reduces the pain and inflammation caused by puffy eyes and dark circles.
- It acts as natural skin toner that helps to tone the skin evenly to get rid of dark circles.
- It promotes for proper blood circulation around the eye area that in turn prevent the dark discoloration and puffiness.
Here we are going to discuss about 3 best and proved cucumber methods that help you to get rid of dark circles under the eyes and saggy bags.
Method – 1: (Cucumber)
This is a simple but most effective method of using cucumber.
Steps to be followed…
- Cut cucumber into thick slices and refrigerate for few minutes to chill them.
- Now clean your eyes and dry them gently.
- Place cool cucumber slices over each eye and make sure that it has to cover the dark colored eye areas.
- For best results, lie on your back and place these slices on closed eyes.
- Let it stay for 10 – 15 minutes and then rinse your eyes with water.
- Or simply slice the chilled cucumber and place it on your closed eyes.
- Continue doing the same process for 2 – 3 daily for a week to notice the changes.
Method – 2: (Cucumber with Lemon Juice)
Lemon has vitamin C and bleaching property that lightens up the under eye dark circles. This combination will definitely help you in getting rid of the problem.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine freshly extracted cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantities.
- Stir it well in a bowl till both are mixed properly.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mix and apply it on dark circles.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and wash your eyes with water.
- Or use potato juice instead of lemon juice and follow the same process.
- Repeat it once daily till you get relief from dark circles completely.
Method – 3: (Cucumber Cold Compress)
We all are aware that cold compress will give very effective and instant relief from swollen or delicate skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Grate a small cucumber and extract its juice by placing the grated cucumber in sieve and pressing it with a spoon.
- Or simply cut the cucumber into small pieces and mash it with a folk to extract its juice.
- Refrigerate this juice for few minutes and take it out.
- Dip a cotton ball or cotton squares in cucumber juice for a minute.
- Then dab it under the eyes like a compress and wait for about 15 – 20 minutes for the skin to absorb the juice.
- Wash it with normal water after removing the cotton ball and dry the skin gently.
- Or simply have some gentle massage of cucumber juice directly on the skin for few minutes to get rid of this dark discoloration around the eyes.
- Also, mix some sandalwood powder in grated cucumber juice and use this mix to massage under the eyes.
- Repeat the same process regularly to prevent these black rings around the eyes.
Tips and Warnings:
- Consume cucumber to get the essential hydration and proper blood circulation to the eyes from inside.
- However, cucumber provides instant relief from itching, redness and relaxes your eyes from first attempt onwards but for grabbing quick relief, you have to follow these methods regularly without any fail.
- Gentle massage with pure cucumber oil under the eyes will also help to remove these dark rings.
Cucumber is the true champion of under eye circle battle. So, use it regularly to defeat dark circles but don’t forget to share your winning experience with us.