Stretch marks are developed when the skin gets stretched rapidly due to pregnancy, puberty, rapid weight gain or loss, etc. then it damages the collagen, which in turn makes the skin tissues and elasticity loosen appearing as stripes on the skin.
Remember that it is a little difficult to repair the skin tissues and regain its elasticity because they are formed in the middle layer but we can fade those stubborn stretch marks easily with some natural home remedies.
Here in this article, we will discuss about a natural ingredient that effectively reduce the appearance of stretch marks. It’s none other than coffee.
Surprising? Isn’t it? Yes, coffee is not only used as a beverage but also used widely to treat the stretch marks. Here we discuss about coffee scrub for stretch marks.
DIY Coffee Scrub for Stretch Marks:
Before going into the article, we will learn how does this coffee scrub treats stretch marks. Let’s get started.
- Coffee is an excellent ingredient that exhibits exfoliating property which clears the accumulated dead skin cells, dirt, impurities and loose skin.
- This scrubbing process will help to increase the blood circulation and thereby encourages the formation of new and healthy skin cells instead of old and dead skin cells.
- It has humectant nature that locks the moisture in the skin cells and makes the skin smooth, supple and hydrated.
- The caffeine content in coffee will help to improve the collagen production to lighten and tighten the skin and thus to fade away the stretch marks.
- It has antioxidant property that combats the action of free radicals and prevents the skin from their damage.
How to treat Stretch Marks using Coffee Scrub?
There are many ways of using coffee scrub for stretch marks and the best are mentioned below. Try them regularly to fade away the stretch marks.
Method – 1: (Coffee)
This is the easy and simple method of using coffee grounds for treating your stretch marks.
- Add enough amounts of ground coffee and lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Stir well to make it as a scrub paste and apply it all over the stretch marks affected areas of the skin.
- Massage it gently for 5 minutes and let it sit for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the area with water and repeat the process daily till you fade away those stretch marks.
Method – 2: (Coffee Scrub with Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera treats stretch marks with its enriched content of vitamins C & E along with skin tightening properties that stimulate the collagen production and also moisturizes the skin to get rid of stretch marks.
- First, brew coffee and strain it to separate the coffee grounds.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel to this coffee grounds.
- Stir well and spread it all over the stretch marks affected areas and massage it for 5 minutes.
- Wait for 10 minutes and rinse the area thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Continue doing the same process regularly for thrice a week to notice the results.
Method – 3: (Coffee with Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer that can be easily absorbed into the skin and coffee grounds exfoliates the skin to tighten the loose and stretched skin.
- Mix 1/2 cup each of melted coconut oil and coffee grounds in a bowl.
- Stir well and pour this mix into the moulds.
- Leave it for 5 hours and remove them and then place them in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate and take 1 cube and scrub it on the stretch marks.
- Wait for 5 minutes and take your bath to fade away the stretch marks.
- Do it regularly for thrice a week to combat those stretch marks.
- Or mix equal amounts of coconut oil and coffee grounds and use this mix to scrub the area for few minutes and rinse off.
- Also, replace coconut oil with melted Shea butter or mayonnaise. Simply mix equal quantities of coffee grounds and shea butter and massage it on the marks for 5 minutes and rinse off after 15 minutes.
Method – 4: (Coffee with Olive Oil)
Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that moisturizes and nourishes your skin effectively. It protects and cleanses the skin by penetrating deep into the skin to clear dead cells and helps for cell regeneration.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 cup of ground coffee in a bowl.
- Stir well and use it to scrub gently on the stretch marks for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do this scrub for thrice a week on regular basis.
Method – 5: (Coffee with Sugar)
Coffee and brown sugar has high exfoliating property that helps to clear the dead cells, regenerate the new cells and improves blood circulation to get rid of stretch marks.
Here are few ways of using coffee with sugar scrubs to clear these ugly marks on the skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, few drops of fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons each of brown sugar and sea salt in 3/4 cup of ground coffee beans. Stir well and use this mix to massage the stretch marks for 5 – 7 minutes. Wash the applied area after 15 minutes with lukewarm water. Do it thrice a week regularly.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder in 1/2 cup each of coffee grounds, brown sugar and coconut oil. Spread it on the stretch marks affected skin areas by massage gently for 5 minutes. Rinse the area after 15 minutes and repeat it twice a week.
- Mix 10 drops of orange essential oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of vitamin E oil and almond oil and 1/2 cup of sugar in 1 cup of ground coffee. Apply this paste on the damp areas of the skin where you’re suffering from stretch marks. Massage gently for few minutes and clean the area with water after 20 minutes.
- Put 1/4 cup of ground oatmeal, 2 drops of peppermint oil, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of calendula infused oil, 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of ground coffee beans and 1 ½ cups of organic cane sugar in a bowl. Stir well and apply this mix gently on the stretch marks affected skin areas. Rinse the area properly after 15 minutes and do the same process for thrice a week.
Other Effective Combinations of Coffee for Stretch Marks:
- Mix the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds in 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt. Stir well and apply it on the stretch marks. Wait for 10 minutes and start scrubbing the area gently for 5 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and do it twice in a week.
- Wrapping your skin may also help to get rid of cellulite and stretch marks. Here is a simple wrap prepared by mixing 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil in 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds. Massage it on the skin and wrap the area using a sauna wrap or plastic one. Leave for overnight and remove the wrap in the morning and rinse the area with water.
- You can also mix this coffee ground powder to your regularly used collagen lotion. Stir well and apply it on the stretch marks. Massage gently for a minute and wipe it off using a damp cloth. Do it twice daily.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Some people might experience allergic reactions like redness, rashes, burning or irritation after using coffee scrub. So, if you’re experiencing them, then avoid using this coffee scrub to treat stretch marks.
- Or perform a skin patch test before using this coffee for stretch marks.
- Moisturize your skin properly after using these coffee scrub, as the skin is very delicate and the bacteria can easily penetrate into the skin and causes infections. Also, maintain proper skin care hygiene regularly.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet to stimulate your collagen and keep the skin supple and hydrated.
- Avoid scratching the skin during pregnancy (or) scratch the stretch marks, as they make the skin weak and cause skin problems.
- Never ever scrub on the cuts, wounds, blisters and bruises on the skin, as they worsen the problem.
- It’s best not to lose or gain your weight rapidly, as they may result in hormonal imbalance and collagen production and thereby results in the formation of stretch marks.
So, from next time onwards, avoid tossing the used coffee grounds, you can use it to treat your stubborn stretch marks. Do you know any other successful coffee scrubs for stretch marks? Then share it with us in the below comments box.