Are you a coffee lover like me? Do you know that coffee is not only used as a beverage but also exhibit certain hair and skin benefits? Surprising, isn’t it?
Yes, coffee is an amazing ingredient that has natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating properties which slough away dead skin cells, improves blood circulation and tightens the skin. This makes it as a perfect beauty regimen.
Wondering why you need to be incorporating coffee in our regular beauty routine? Then here are the best reasons, have a look at them.
- When caffeine is taken in enema form then it detoxifies your liver and reduces non – alcohol related fatty liver diseases.
- It has a high presence of disease-fighting antioxidants that fight against the aging, diabetes, sharpens your brain, protects your cardiovascular health, etc.
- It decreases appetite that in turn helps to reduce weight loss. It also reduces the risk of mouth, skin and throat cancer.
- Regular intake of caffeine will increase the attention, memory, learning, and concentration.
- It also fights against the attack of free radicals, soothes your inflammations, redness and thus makes your skin glow with an even skin tone.
- It dehydrates the fatty cells that remove the water from your skin’s surface to eliminate the cellulite.
- It stimulates the hair follicles and prevents hair loss or baldness by blocking the DHT (damaging your hair follicles). It not only strengthens your hair shaft but also adds a natural shine to your hair.
In cosmetic industry, coffee is used as an essential ingredient in many beauty products to enhance one’s beauty, but do you know that we can make some DIY coffee recipes at home to grab those benefits?
Let us know how to prepare these homemade DIY coffee recipes (with natural ingredients) for your face, body, and hair.
Recipe – 1: (Coffee Face Mask for Skin Brightening)
Coffee exfoliates the skin to remove oil, dust and dead cells. Yogurt has lactic acid that revitalizes skin and thus gives smooth and shiny skin. Honey nourishes your skin, tightens the skin pores and hydrates the skin. Repeat all these face masks regularly for best and effective results.
Here are few ways of using Coffee Face Mask for Healthy Skin.
- With Yogurt & Honey – Mix 2 tablespoons each of organic coffee grounds, honey, and yogurt in a bowl. Stir well and apply it as a face mask on all over your face. Leave it on for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with water. Regular follow – up of this process will help to make your skin tight and soft with a natural glow.
- With Honey – Stir 1 tablespoon each of raw honey and coffee powder in a bowl and apply it on the face as a mask. Massage gently for few minutes and rinse off with water after 20 minutes.
- With Oatmeal – Grind some coffee, oatmeal, and yogurt into a fine paste. Apply it on the face and neck. Wash off with warm water after 30 – 45 minutes.
- With Cocoa – Mix equal quantities of coffee grounds and cocoa powder with a little milk (or yogurt). Apply it on the face and wash with water after 30 – 45 minutes.
- With Olive Oil – Mix 1 tablespoon each of olive oil (tighten and brighten the skin) and coffee powder to make a paste. Apply it on the face and neck and rinse after 5 minutes with water.
- With Lemon Juice – Mix enough lemon juice in 1 tablespoon of coffee powder to make a paste. Apply it on the face and neck and rinse with water after it dries.
Note: Or you can prepare a coffee mask by preparing coffee grounds with egg yolk and lemon juice.
Recipe – 2: (Coffee for Hair Growth)
Coffee helps to soften your hair and adds natural shine to the hair when applied as a hair mask.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil in 1 tablespoon of organic coffee powder to make it as a mask.
- Apply this mix on your hair and scalp thoroughly.
- Rinse off with water after 15 – 30 minutes to get shiny hair.
- Repeat the same process regularly to prevent hair loss.
Note: Also, use coffee as your hair rinse to make your hair soft and silky. Just brew 2 – 4 cups of strong coffee and let it cool for few minutes. Use this as a rinse after using your shampoo and conditioner. Wash your hair after few minutes to get rid of hair problems.
Recipe – 3: (Coffee for Face and Body Scrub)
The coffee grounds repairs and rejuvenate your skin from the damage caused due to pollution and sun damage. Sugar exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells or oil and olive oil moisturize your skin to make it smooth and shiny.
- Mix equal quantities of coffee grounds and sugar (or sea salt) in a bowl.
- Stir well by adding few drops of olive oil to make it as a scrub paste.
- Apply it on your face and scrub it gently for few minutes.
- Use this homemade coffee scrub regularly to get rid of the dead cell, excess oil and cellulite.
Recipe – 4: (Coffee Oil for Face, Hair and Body)
Massage with coffee oil will help you to get rid of cellulite and varicose veins. It also moisturizes your skin, prevents the signs of aging and relieves you from the respiratory problems, stress, and depression (used as aromatherapy).
Click here to know more about Homemade Coffee Oil.
Recipe – 5: (Coffee as Hair Color)
Coffee is a natural color enhancer that will enhance your dark hair without causing any side effects like harsh dye chemicals.
- Brew 1/2 cup of organic coffee and keep it aside to cool down.
- Then mix 1 tablespoon of organic instant coffee in 1 cup of hair conditioner.
- Now stir the brewed coffee to this mix and apply this on your hair as a mask.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and rinse off with shampoo after an hour or two.
Note: Also, mix cocoa powder to this dye before using to get even darker shade (or) simply pour a strongly brewed coffee on your hair and rinse off after few minutes.
Recipe – 6: (Coffee for Dark Circles)
Caffeine in coffee helps to shrink the blood vessels to reduce the dark circles. It also tightens the skin, soothes your skin, reduces the free radicals and thus relieves puffy eyes. Aloe vera has vitamin E that soothes your skin.
- Brew 1 cup of coffee and scoop out the coffee grounds and place it in a bowl.
- Freeze these coffee grounds for few hours and then mix 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel in it.
- Apply this on the dark circles affected eye areas and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Do the same process regularly till you get relief from dark circles.
Recipe – 7: (Coffee Lip Scrub for Smooth Lips)
Coffee exfoliates the skin and removes dry and dead cells on the lips. Honey will nourish and moisturize the lips.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of used coffee grounds and raw honey in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply this scrub on your lips.
- Gently rub the lips in a circular motion for about 30 seconds and then remove it with a wet washcloth.
- Repeat the same regularly to get relief from the dark, dry or chapped lips.
Note: Or use olive oil instead of raw honey for preparing lip scrub.
Recipe – 8: (Coffee as your Scalp Scrub)
Scrubbing your scalp is as essential as your face and body to remove the buildup and clear dead cells on the scalp. This will help the hair follicles to grow strong and shiny.
- Mix some coffee grounds into your favorite deep condition to make it as a mask.
- Apply it on all over the scalp and massage gently for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Then rinse off using a regular shampoo and continue doing it once a week to get rid of hair problems.
Recipe – 9: (Foot Scrub)
The combination of coconut oil and ground coffee will lock the moisture levels, removes dirt and dead cells and repairs your feet to get relief from the problem.
- Mix 1/2 cup of ground coffee and 1 – 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in 1 cup of virgin coconut oil.
- Stir well and soak your clean feet in a tub of warm soapy water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then apply this scrub paste onto your feet and scrub it gently in a circular motion.
- This process will exfoliate the dead skin and finally rinse off your feet in warm water.
- Dry your feet and repeat the same process regularly to get rid of feet problems.
Tips and Precautions:
- Over consumption of caffeine (500 – 600 mg) per day will make you suffer from some health problems like nausea, headaches, nervousness, insomnia, GERD, migraines, elevated heartbeat, etc. It’s advised to avoid drinking coffee at night time, as it disturbs the sleep.
- It has diuretic nature that makes you feel dehydrated. So, drink more of water and other healthy fluids to get rid of the problem.
- Regular consumption will make you get addicted to it and you will get fatigue, anxiety, headaches and reduced alertness when you stopped taking it suddenly.
- It helps to reset your olfactory nerves by preventing the nose fatigue and makes you differentiate the smells of perfumes or other odors.
- Also, mix 1/2 teaspoon of organic coffee powder to 4 tablespoons of a natural shampoo and apply it as your coffee shampoo to wet hair and rinse off after 2 – 4 minutes.
- Pour strongly brewed black coffee in an empty spray bottle and use it to spray as hair spray after shampooing your hair, massage gently and rinse off with cold water after 10 – 15 minutes to get glossy hair.
Do follow these coffee recipes in your beauty routine. Do you know any other coffee recipes used in your daily routine? Then let us know by sharing your experience with us.
Leave a Reply