Everyone (especially women) has a desire to have a full and thick head of hair but due to some hormonal changes, stress, environmental pollutants, unhealthy diet, unhygienic hair care, improper lifestyles, etc. will cause some hair and scalp problems which in turn leads to hair fall or hair thinning.
Using stylish or hair cosmetic products can result in hair damage or its loss but the usage of natural remedies at home will help to treat both hair and scalp problems along with proper hair growth.
One among those ingredients is coconut oil which improves the hair cuticle by repairing the damaged hair and scalp health. Are you thinking that how coconut oil works for hair growth or is coconut oil good for hair growth?
For you to understand, here we are presenting a lot of coconut oil benefits that protect and moisturize the scalp while fostering the healthy hair growth.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil prevent breakage of hair by working with natural proteins that found in the hair. It also has natural hair conditioner property that leaves your hair with a natural defense against the ailments and thus prevents further damages to hair.
- The capric acid, lauric acid and other essential fatty acids in the oil help to strengthen the roots and strands for healthy hair growth without any damage.
- Regular massage of coconut oil on the scalp will improve the proper blood circulation on the scalp which in turn ensure that hair is receiving oxygen and other nutrients essential for its growth and also boost up the nutrient and oxygen delivery to hair.
- It moisturizes the hair and scalp by penetrating into hair shaft and thus protects it against environmental impurities and excess heat to have healthy hair growth and prevent frizz and split ends.
- It contains natural antioxidant and has a rich source of iron, vitamin E and K, which clears the free radicals damage hair and also eliminates dandruff to boost up the healthy hair growth.
- It has natural antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties that treat almost all the hair and scalp problems (like dandruff, head lice, psoriasis) along with detoxifies the scalp.
- Linoleic acid hydrates hair and improves elasticity and prevents breakage. Oleic acid thickens hair naturally and makes it strong and hydrates.
Now the question arises in mind – what are the best ways of using coconut oil for healthy hair growth. So, as an answer to your query, we are presenting you with the best of 3 methods for treating hair problems and enhancing hair growth.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil)
Using coconut oil alone is very effective and simple method of thickening the hair. It nourishes the scalp and removes the sebum buildup from hair follicles.
Steps to be followed…
- Warm the coconut oil by placing the oil jar in warm water for few minutes.
- Damp your hair thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply coconut oil on the hair and scalp.
- Massage it gently for few minutes to boost up the blood circulation in the scalp.
- Leave it for about few hours to overnight by covering the hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap.
- After that, rinse the hair with sulfate or preservative free shampoo followed with warm water.
- Dry your hair to observe smooth, soft, silky and nourishing beautiful hair.
- Regular follow-up will give effective results of healthy hair growth.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Castor Oil)
This combinational process helps to moisturize the scalp and condition your hair to prevent split ends and thus promotes healthy hair growth.
Steps to be followed…
- Add enough of castor oil and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix on all over the scalp and hair.
- Wrap your hair in a warm shower cap or towel.
- Let it sit for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- Wash your hair with a natural shampoo and warm water.
- Dry your hair and repeat regularly to get rid of the hair problems.
- Use olive oil or almond oil instead of castor oil and follow the same process.
- Or mix few essential oil drops in coconut oil and use it for healthy hair growth.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice)
Lemon detoxifies the scalp and hair to get rid of all scalp problems including hair loss, dandruff, and itchy scalp.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply this mix on the scalp thoroughly.
- Massage it to spread the oil mix and comb your hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for overnight.
- After that, rinse your hair with cool water and natural shampoo.
- Do the same process daily for few days.
Note: Use dried gooseberry or ripe avocado paste or raw honey instead of lemon juice for gaining long and thick healthy hair.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid using hair styling, hair dryers or hair straighteners, which produce excess heat and dries out the hair for permanent damage.
- Over brushing might damage the hair and thus results in split ends due to mechanical trauma. So, brushing regularly with few times is fine but the excessive of anything will damage and make it unhealthy.
- Add coconut oil in your regular shampoo and conditioner. Stir well and use to apply on your hair and massage it. Rinse it with water.
- Not only coconut oil but also its extracts like coconut milk is used to treat scalp problems and promotes healthy hair growth. Even for babies also, it works for promoting hair growth by applying lukewarm coconut oil on their scalp and hair.
- Be sure to check with your doctor, if you’re hair-fall or other hair problems are caused due to any health problems.
- For maintaining your hair healthy doesn’t only means applying coconut oil but also, consume a healthy diet, drink plenty of water or fruit juice or smoothies, relax with sufficient sleep, reduce stress with yoga and meditation, etc. to prevent the recurrence of hair and scalp problems.
Stop worrying about your thin hair and start applying coconut oil to promote hair growth. Do you know any other methods which we haven’t mentioned? Share your story and remedies with us.