Thick and well-shaped eyebrows are always trendier, so everyone wants to maintain them (especially celebrities) to enhance their look. While the thin and sparse eyebrows will make you look aged and dull.
Over plucking, threading, aging, poor cosmetic products, nutritional deficiencies, shave or waxed, stress and some health problems and medical treatments like radiation, eczema, hypothyroidism, chemotherapy, etc. will cause hair loss including the eyebrow line.
Don’t get worried about it, fortunately, there are many natural ways to make your eyebrows grow thick and look attractive. Coconut oil is one such natural remedy used to grow your eyebrows thick.
Coconut oil works in two ways for promoting healthy eyebrows growth like preventing more eyebrow loss and aiding the growth of more hair in eyebrows. It also stimulates the hair growth to grow back dense and impressive eyebrows. Have a look on how it works for eyebrow growth.
- It has many essential proteins and nutrients (like vitamin E and iron) that promote the healthy, thick and dark eyebrows.
- It is rich in vitamin E and many essential saturated fatty acids which are essential for healthy hair growth.
- The lauric acid in the oil acts as an antimicrobial agent that prevents the infection of hair follicles and thus protect the brows from further damage and stimulate them to grow quickly.
- It moisturizes and conditions the brow hair to grow back out healthy and thicker. It won’t affect the hormonal balance of your body in any way, unlike many other hair growth serums which are packed with a lot of chemicals.
How to use Coconut Oil for Eyebrows:
Everyone is having a desire of thick eyebrows and long eyelashes. Coconut oil will definitely help you to fulfill your desire and make you look beautiful. Here we are presenting you the best coconut oil methods for enhancing the growth of your eyebrows.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil is an excellent remedy for growing the thick and dark eyebrows.
Steps to be followed…
- Place few drops of warm coconut oil onto your fingertips.
- Apply this oil on the clean eyebrows and massage it gently for few minutes.
- This process is used to boost up the blood circulation, which is essential to stimulate the healthy hair growth.
- Leave it on for few hours or overnight.
- After that, rinse your eyebrows and face with lukewarm water.
- Dry the skin and continue doing the same process regularly to thicken up your eyebrows.
- Or simply dip a Q-tip or cotton swab in cold pressed coconut oil and apply it on your eyebrows after cleansing and drying your face.
- Make sure to concentrate more on the areas where you’ve waxed or over plucked.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Fenugreek Seeds)
Fenugreek is rich in nicotinic acid and lecithin that helps to promote hair growth. The protein content in both coconut oil and fenugreek will help to rebuild the hair follicles.
Steps to be followed…
- Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for about 5 – 7 hours.
- Then grind these soaked fenugreek seeds to make a thick paste.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon of organic coconut oil in this paste.
- Stir well and apply this paste on the eyebrows but be sure that this paste should not get into the eyes.
- Let it sit for overnight and rinse off in next morning with warm water.
- Regularly follow the same process for 3 – 4 times a week to get dense and dark eyebrows.
Method – 3: (DIY Coconut Oil Hair Growth Serum)
Coconut oil will nourish and bring a new life to the eyebrows and eyelashes. Castor oil has omega – 6 that effectively help for hair re-growth. Almond oil moisturizes the hair and skin and thus prevents it from falling. Avocado and vitamin E oil adds an extra boost to this hair growth serum.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2 tablespoons each of castor oil, coconut oil and sweet almond oil in a small, clean container.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil and vitamin E oil pinched from 1 vitamin E capsule in the container.
- Shake it well till all these ingredients are mixed properly.
- Now dip a clean Q – tip in this serum mix and apply it gently on your eyebrows and eyelashes at night time.
- Leave it on for overnight to make it strong, longer and healthier.
- But be sure to check whether the ingredients used in this serum are allergic to you or not and then try it regularly till you attained the best results of healthy, thick and dark eyebrows.
Note: Or else mix coconut oil and castor oil and apply this mix on the eyebrows to get dark and dense hair growth on your eyebrow area.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil with Lemon)
Lemon has rich content of vitamin C, B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the eyebrow hair’s growth.
Steps to be followed…
- Place the sliced pieces of 1 lemon in 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Allow the mix to sit for at least 15 days in a cool and dry place.
- Then apply this mix to your eyebrows by using a cotton ball at night time.
- Let it sit for overnight and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Do the same process regularly to enhance your eyebrows.
- It’s best to avoid exposing of your eyebrows to direct sunlight for 2 hours after using lemon why because it lighten up the hair color.
- Or simply add some Vaseline in the above lemon – coconut oil mix before applying, especially those who have dry or sensitive skin.
- Alternatively, mix some Vaseline in warm coconut oil and apply this mix to your eyebrows at night time. Massage it gently for few minutes and rinse with warm water in the morning.
Tips and Precautions:
- The 3 most important things to be done regularly for healthy and thick eyebrow growth is to exfoliate (coconut oil + sugar mix) the skin around the eyebrows to remove dead cells, apply coconut oil to condition and moisture the brow line and finally massage the hair follicles under the eyebrows in circular motion to increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing or plucking or waxing your eyebrows or pressing eyebrows too hard with an eyebrow pencil.
- Always prefer to use organic, cold pressed and virgin coconut oil rather than normal coconut oil to get rid of the problem.
- Reduce your stress levels, consume healthy diet, sleep for at least 6 hours daily and hydrate yourself to have thick and lush eyebrows.
- Wash your eyes including eyebrows to remove any dust or makeup at night time before going to sleep.
Hope you’ll give a trial to these coconut oil methods for thick and beautiful eyebrows. Let me know which one worked well for your eyebrows growth by sharing your experience with us.