Dark underarms is a response of skin exposure to certain elements like excessive sweating, certain medications, shaving or regular usage of hair removal creams, hormonal imbalance, poor ventilation, chemical based cosmetic deodorants and the accumulation of dead cells.
Going sleeveless or wearing fashionable clothes with dark underarms is really an embarrassing. Don’t worry; as it is not a medical or health problem, you can clear these dark underarms with some natural remedies.
Coconut oil is one such natural remedy used to whiten your dark underarms. Regular usage of coconut oil with a little patience will not only lighten your underarms but also used as your natural deodorants. So that you can enjoy wearing sleeveless and strapless tops with full confidence.
Here, in this article, we will learn all about how coconut oil is used to treat dark underarms. Let’s get started…
How Coconut Oil Clears Dark Underarms?
- Coconut oil has rich content of vitamin E and other saturated fatty acids that nourishes and moisturizes the skin and thereby heals the scars and dark marks. It also helps to lighten the underarms.
- The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of coconut oil will prevent the accumulation of microbes and infection.
- It has skin soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe the irritated skin caused by armpit rashes.
- It has antioxidants that detoxify the skin pores and also prevent the skin from forming wrinkles and sagging.
- Coconut oil whitens the skin by penetrating deep into the skin and eliminates the underlying skin issues causing darkness.
- It is enriched with proteins that help in tissue repair and the production of healthy new skin cells to get rid of the darkness on your underarms.
How to use Coconut Oil for Clearing Dark Underarms:
Here are some best ways to lighten your dark underarms using coconut oil. Follow these methods to get complete relief from dark underarm.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil)
This is one of the simplest and easy methods to fade your dark underarms.
- Apply virgin coconut oil liberally on your dark underarms.
- Massage it gently for few minutes till the skin absorbs oil and wait for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse the armpits with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Continue doing the same process for twice daily till you get desired results.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Baking Soda)
Baking soda lightens the dark underarms by exfoliating the area to eliminate toxins causing discoloration and also helps to restores the pH balance of the skin.
- Mix some baking soda and coconut oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the clean underarm and scrub it gently for 3 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Dry the skin and repeat the same process for thrice a week on regular basis.
- Or mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons each of coconut oil and milk in 3 tablespoons of corn flour. Apply this paste on the clean underarm and rinse with cool water after 25 minutes and do it thrice a week.
- Also, use apple cider vinegar instead of baking soda. Mix 2 tablespoons each of ACV and coconut oil and use it to massage on the clean underarms till the skin absorbs. Wait for few minutes and repeat it daily after showering.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil with Turmeric and Milk Cream)
Turmeric helps to lighten the skin by reducing the melanin, clears excess oil and protects the skin from harmful sun’s UV rays. Milk exfoliates and moisturizes the skin with its rich content of lactic acid.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 2 tablespoons of milk cream to make a paste.
- Apply it on your clean armpits and rinse off with water after 15 minutes.
- Dry your skin and apply coconut oil on your underarms.
- Massage gently till the oil well absorbed into the skin and continue this process for thrice a week.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil with Essential Oils)
Essential oils whiten your skin with its antibacterial, regulate the oil (sebum) production, tighten the skin and fade away the skin darkness. Coconut oil is reduces the strong nature of this essential oils.
- Stir 1/4 teaspoon each of litsea cubeba oil and carrot seed oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of lemon oil, bergamot oil, galbanum oil, rose otto oil and mandarin oil in a bowl.
- Then add 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil in the bowl and mix well.
- Apply this mix on your clean underarms and massage gently for few minutes.
- Store the remaining mix in refrigerator, which lasts for up to 90 days.
- Remember to shake it well before every application. Continue this application for twice daily.
Method – 5: (Coconut Oil with Sugar)
Sugar exfoliates the skin with its texture to remove dead cells, toxins and excess oil on the skin. This combination will fade the darkness on the skin without any irritation on the skin.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of sugar (prefer brown sugar) in 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to make it as a fine scrub paste.
- Apply this mix on the clean armpits and massage till the impurities are cleared from the skin.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Dry the skin and do this scrubbing process regularly in every alternate day.
Method – 6: (Coconut Oil with Lemon Juice)
Lemon juice has rich content of vitamin C that helps to rejuvenate the skin and has natural bleaching property that clears the dark discoloration of the skin along with controlling the excess sebum and prevents the action of microbes on the skin.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of freshly extracted lemon juice in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Apply this mix on the dark armpits and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and dry the skin thoroughly.
- Repeat the same process for twice daily till you get complete relief from the problem.
Check out more on How to use Coconut Oil as your Natural Deodorant.
Tips and Precautions:
- The puree of 1/4 apple (with AHA content) mixed with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply it on the clean underarm skin. Rinse with water after 15 minutes and pat dry to lighten your underarms.
- Always prefer to use organic, virgin coconut oil for treating any health or skin problems, including lightening dark underarms.
- Check the quality and purity of coconut oil before applying. Also, use melted coconut oil rather than solid form.
- Use small amounts of coconut oil to prevent oil stains on the cloth or clogs on the skin pores.
- Include coconut oil in your diet or simply consume 1 – 2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day to grab the same benefits.
- Coconut oil is suitable for all skin types but if you’re first time user then perform a skin patch test and if you experience any irritation or redness on the skin then stop using it.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing which causes friction and also exfoliate the skin gently to prevent dead cells and oil or impurities on your underarms.
- Instead of using shaving creams or gels, you can use coconut oil as your shaving cream to enable smooth and close slave without any razor burns or ingrown hair.
- Replace your shaving or hair removal creams with waxing and instead of using commercial chemical based deodorants, use natural deodorants like coconut oil.
Try these coconut oil based natural methods for lightening your dark underarms. Do you know any other successful coconut oil methods to lighten your armpits? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply