Cellulite is an embarrassing problem that results in ugly dimples of the skin which is caused due to fat pushing against the connective skin tissues.
The fat gets accumulated around the thighs, hips, abdomen and butt, which in turn resembles like cottage cheese on the skin and makes you look unattractive.
Hormonal imbalance, lack of physical exercises, poor diet, toxic buildup, improper lifestyle, genetics, aging, health problems, etc. are some causes for cellulite. Are you one among those people suffering cellulite? Then stop worrying, as there are many natural ways to get rid of cellulite.
Coconut oil work wonders in treating cellulite and thus leaves your skin smooth and cellulite free.
Read this article to know all about how coconut oil is used ad cellulite removal.
Does Coconut Oil help Cellulite Reduction?
Before going into the article, let’s take a look to know what is the relation between coconut oil and cellulite and what makes it as best remedy to treat cellulite?
- Coconut oil boosts up the fat burning process in the body naturally and thereby burns the cellulite.
- It is absorbed easily in the body and thus penetrates deep into the skin to break down the fatty deposits in the cells.
- It not only reduces the cellulite but also nourishes the skin to make it look smooth, soft and young – looking.
- It boosts up the metabolism to burn your calories fast and also it effectively flush out the toxins from the body and thus reduces cellulite.
- It also improves the functioning of the thyroid to maintain constant energy levels and to make you feel full (suppress the appetite) that in turn reduces the fatty deposits of cellulite.
- It exfoliates the epidermis to stimulate the blood flow and lymph circulation and thereby encourages the growth of new skin.
How to use Coconut Oil for Cellulite:
Here are the best ways of using coconut oil for treating cellulite. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Internal Consumption)
Regular consumption of coconut oil will help to burn your fatty deposits and thereby clears cellulite internally.
- Consume 2 tablespoons of virgin organic coconut oil on daily basis.
- You can consume it directly (in the morning before workout) or use it in your cooking.
- Or simply mix coconut oil with beverages and other foods and have it.
Method – 2: (Topical Application)
External application of coconut oil on cellulite affected areas will help to break down the fatty deposits in the skin.
- Take enough virgin coconut oil and warm it slightly.
- Apply it on the cellulite affected areas and massage it gently for few minutes till the skin absorbed the oil completely.
- Leave it like that for few hours to overnight.
- Repeat the same process daily till you get rid of cellulite.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil Dry Brushing)
This is one of the popular and most effective ways of using coconut oil for cellulite reduction. Dry brushing exfoliates the skin and removes dry skin on the ankles, elbows, and kneecaps.
This combination will eliminate fats accumulated in the skin cells and toxins from the skin and ensures proper circulation to all organs and also makes your skin tighter.
- First of all, take a hot shower and dry your skin properly.
- Then apply enough coconut oil on your cellulite affected areas and start brushing your skin with a vegetable based brush.
- Brush the body in circular motions starting from feet and come upwards to the chest.
- Avoid scrubbing too hard on the skin, as it causes redness and irritation.
- Continue doing this coconut oil – dry brushing for twice daily till you get rid of the problem.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil with Coffee and Sugar)
This scrubbing process helps you a lot in dealing with cellulite. The rough texture of coffee beans and sugar will help to exfoliate the skin and opens up the clogged pores.
Warm coconut oil moisturizes and hydrates the skin. This massage stimulates the proper flow of lymph/blood in the body and tightens the skin pores.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of brown/white sugar and 2 – 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil in 1/4 cup of coffee grounds.
- Stir well to make it as a scrub paste and apply it on the cellulite affected areas.
- Massage it gently for few minutes with firm pressure and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Continue doing this scrub for 2 – 3 times a week till you get relief from cellulite.
Method – 5: (Coconut Oil with Essential Oil)
The combination of coconut oil and essential oil will help to dissolve the excess fat that stored under the skin layers and relieves you from cellulite.
Here are few ways of using coconut oil with essential oil for treating cellulite.
- Mix few drops of essential oils (lavender oil or citrus oils) in enough coconut oil and apply it on the affected areas. Massage gently for few minutes and repeat once daily.
- Coconut oil mixed with juniper essential oil helps to detoxify the body and thus reduces water retention. Mix 15 drops of juniper oil in 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Apply it on the cellulite area and massage for 10 minutes. Leave it and repeat twice daily.
- Tangerine oil helps to improve circulation, detoxify your body and thus breaks down the cellulite. Mix 5 – 6 drops of tangerine oil in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and apply it on the cellulite. Massage for 10 minutes and rinse off. Avoid sun exposure for an hour after this treatment.
Method – 6: (Coconut Oil with Sea Weed Scrub)
This scrub will detoxify the body and reduce your cellulite effectively.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground seaweed in 1/4 cup each of sea salt and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make it as a scrub paste and use it to massage the cellulite affected area for 10 minutes.
- After that, take your shower and pat dry the skin to apply coconut oil as a moisturizer.
- Do the same process for once daily till you got complete relief from the problem.
Method – 7: (Coconut Oil Body Wrap)
The body wrap is another effective method that widely used to reduce cellulite. You can use coconut oil body wrap to get rid of the problem.
- Mix few drops of essential oil, 2 parts of coconut oil and 4 parts of brown sugar in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine scrub paste and apply a thin layer of this mix on the cellulite affected areas.
- Massage it gently and wrap the applied area with a transparent plastic film.
- Leave it for an hour and unwrap it.
- After that, have a nice warm bath and moisture your body.
- Repeat the same process for once in every week for getting quick relief from the problem.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Include alkaline foods like fresh fruits and vegetables (green leafy) in your daily diet, which alkalize the body and helps in clearing cellulite.
- Drink more of water and other healthy fluids to discard the toxins. Also, avoid the intake of caffeinated or carbonated beverages and OTC energy drinks.
- Running, walking, biking, aerobic exercises, etc. will help you to eradicate cellulite. The only thing to remember is to do workouts that target the legs, pelvic regions, and abdominal muscles.
- Consult your doctor for proper diagnose and treatment for the cellulite reduction.
- Always take the recommended quantity of coconut oil or else it results in loose motions or high levels of cholesterol.
- Some people who have super sensitive skin will have to do skin patch test before using coconut oil to check whether they get an allergic reaction or the skin becoming red, patchy and scaly.
- Avoid over scrubbing (harsh scrubbing) of coconut oil on the body, as it results in dryness or broken epidermal layer.
- Remember that coconut oil alone will work for cellulite reduction but if it is paired with regular exercises and proper diet then it work wonders to keep you fit and healthy.
- Avoid eating packaged foods, refined sugar, salts, cooked animal proteins, processed starches or foods that are grown with large amounts of pesticides, chemicals. and preservatives.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- The only thing you should do is to remove toxins from the body to prevent buildup and thereby reduces cellulite. Coconut oil helps you a lot in treating this problem.
Try these coconut oil methods for treating cellulite. Do you know any other successful methods of coconut oil for cellulite reduction? Then share it with us in the below comments box.
Leave a Reply