Cellulite (or Adiposis Edematosa) is a most common problem for most of the men and women in these days. It affects mostly on the thighs and then on the legs, hips, stomach, and buttocks. It is made of free floating fat cells that get deposited just beneath the skin and appears on the skin as a dimpled surface of an orange peel or cottage cheese.
Hormonal imbalance, heredity, unhealthy diet, aging and improper lifestyle are some of the causes of cellulite. There are many effective techniques available for slowing the occurrence and appearance of cellulite but natural home remedies will give safe, cost effective and long lasting results.
Home Remedies for Cellulite:
Here are the best home remedies for treating cellulite that has to be followed regularly to get complete relief from the problem.
1. Dry Brushing:
Dry brushing is the simple and very easy way to get rid of cellulite. This dry brushing helps to improve blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to remove the build-up of toxins from the body. However, improved blood flow to make the skin appear plump and thus reduces the appearance of cellulite.
Steps to be followed…
- Be sure to clean and dry your skin and brush before going into the process.
- Then brush your skin towards the heart to increase the blood circulation and avoid doing long sweeps, scrubbing, going forth or back or circular motions.
- Start with your legs (thighs), brush it fast and short in upward strokes from low to high.
- Be sure concentrate more on the areas where you have cellulite is visible.
- Then after, brush your arms using upward stroke i.e. moving from wrist to shoulders and then come to stomach, move in lower to upper abdomen.
- Continue dry brushing your body parts for 5 – 10 minutes and take a shower to remove the toxins, fat cells and dead cells from the skin.
- Repeat the same regularly to remove the outer extremities toward the heart and promotes healthy skin.
Note: For best and long-lasting effective results, choose the brush with soft fiber bristles. Also, avoid brushing on your broken skin to prevent irritation.
2. Coffee Grounds:
Coffee grounds have an excellent exfoliating property that exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells and encourages the growth of new cells to prevent cellulite. It also tightens the skin to reduce lumpiness and stimulate the blood and lymph flow.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1/4 cup of coffee grounds in 3 tablespoons each of melted organic coconut oil and sugar.
- Stir well and spread this paste on the cellulite affected skin areas.
- Massage it gently for several minutes and let it sit for another 3 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and store the remaining mix in a glass jar for regular usage.
- Do the same process for 3 times a week till you get relief from cellulite.
- Alternatively, mix 1/2 cup of coffee grounds with enough of extra virgin olive oil. Microwave the mix for 25 – 30 seconds to get warm and massage this paste on the cellulite. Cover the applied area with a plastic wrap and let it sit for an hour.
3. Cayenne Pepper:
Cayenne pepper is a fat burning natural ingredient that heat up the body. It is very effective in burning the excess fat, stimulates the blood circulation, raises metabolism and flushes out the toxins from the body.
Step to be followed…
- Add 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon each of grated ginger and fresh lemon juice in 1 glass of boiled water.
- Stir well and drink this tea to reduce cellulite from inside the body.
- Consume this tea 3 times daily for 1 – 2 months will help to reduce cellulite and excess body weight.
Note: Or simply mix 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1/2 cup of coffee grounds in 1/4 cup of olive oil to make a fine paste. Rub it on the cellulite visible areas of the skin and wait for 10 minutes. Take shower and do it for 3 times a week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has many essential nutrients, enzymes and live bacteria that helps a lot in flushing out the toxins from the body and also reduces the water retention to prevent cellulite.
Steps to be followed…
- Dilute 1 part of raw, organic apple cider vinegar with 2 parts of water.
- Stir well by adding a little of honey in it and drink this mix to get rid of cellulite and overweight.
- Regular intake will definitely help you to cure cellulite problem.
- Or else, apply this ACV – honey and water mix on the affected areas and rub gently. After 30 minutes, rinse off with warm water. Repeat twice daily to get rid of the problem.
- Or simply mix equal amounts of ACV and water. Rub it on the cellulite and cover the area with a plastic wrap and place a warm towel over the plastic wrap. Remove wrap after an hour and rinse with lukewarm water. Continue it for once a day.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of ACV in 1 teaspoon of raw honey and consume it for twice daily.
5. Detox Baths:
Detox baths help you to get relax yourself, relieve aches and wash away the toxins from the skin to prevent irritation.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1/4 cup each of Epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir well in a quart of water till they dissolve completely.
- Then fill the bathtub with warm water and add 10 drops of any essential oil, 1/3 cup of cider vinegar and the above mixed dissolved salt water in it.
- Stir well and soak yourself for about 30 – 60 minutes.
- After that, rinse your skin with water and dry it thoroughly.
- Repeat the same for once a week on regular basis to prevent cellulite.
- Or add 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide, 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger in your bathtub which is filled with warm water. Soak for about 30 – 45 minutes and repeat regularly.
- Alternatively, add 4 sheets of seaweed to your bathtub, filled with lukewarm water. Soak yourself in this water for 20 – 25 minutes and repeat it twice a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Stay hydrated, consume healthy fats and water rich fruits and vegetables, sleep for 7 – 8 hours, do an overall body workout, green tea, reduce stress with yoga and meditation, etc. will help you to get rid of cellulite and overweight.
- You can also apply juniper oil by simply mixing 10 – 15 drops of juniper oil in 1/4 cup of olive oil and massage gently for 10 minutes and rinse off.
- Include omega – 3 fatty acids foods like salmon in your daily diet to reduce the buildup of harmful toxins in the blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
- Always try to maintain a proper balance of your hormone levels by avoiding omega – 6 polyunsaturated fats, caffeine and other supplements.
- Make sure to consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from this cellulite, as it might be due to some health problems.
- Apply organic virgin coconut oil to moisturize your skin and apply (or consume) tomatoes which has lycopene that prevents the breakdown of collagen in the skin and makes it look firm and smooth.
- Reduce your overweight to get rid of cellulite by doing some physical exercises, yoga and meditation.
That’s all for now about Natural Cellulite Remedies, hope you’ll give a trial to these methods and share your experience with us.