Due to the sedentary lifestyle, back pain has become one of the common issues faced by millions of people worldwide. It can even make it difficult to carry out simple daily activities.
In majority of cases, poor posture is the leading reason for back pain. If the muscles that usually support the spine don’t get enough activity and straightening, they get inactive and cause back pain. Even if your back pain is due to discs or spine injuries then poor posture can worsen the condition.
Practicing good posture can be of a great help to ease the pain. For this reason, many physicians recommend using back braces or back belts to manage the pain. But not all back belts available in the market are good enough to support your back health.
After an extensive research and testing, below are the top back belts that we have tried personally and highly recommend…
Quick Note: If you want to know on what basis we have tested then you can read the factors here…
Top 10 Best Back Pain Belts: 2018 Review
Among the top 10 back pain braces, “BULESK Back Support Belt” has grabbed the first position because of its amazing quality, features and medical grade efficiency. It is totally worthy of every penny.
BULESH back support belt has taken the first place in our list because of its medical grade efficiency and durability. This comfortable back brace helps to support your back in order to reduce pain and prevent the condition from worsening.
It comes in two different sizes you can choose from (L – Belly: 32 – 36” and XL – Belly: 36 – 40”). The velcroadjustable straps helps to fit you perfectly and provides the support you need. The belt is very soft and comfortable to wear for hours.
The thermal material helps to burn the fat around the waist making it look slimmer. This back pain belt is made up of high quality polyester.
As per the manufacturer, it is helpful for people suffering from sciatica, scoliosis, back sprain, golf swings, osteoporosis, muscle spams, loose ligaments, running, jogging and many other problems.
Quick Tip: The belts must be stretched when you are wearing them. If it is not stretched properly then they can be very small and do not provide enough support.
- Reinforced Back Support.
- Medical grade quality.
- Velcro mesh double adjustable feature.
- Inner neoprene wrap.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Comfortable, lightweight and adjustable.
- Breathable mesh panels.
- Nothing much.
Old bone therapy lower back support belt is one of the best chiropractor approved braces for back pain. This premium back ache belt can be used by both men and women.
This support belt is perfect for people with lower back pain, muscle fatigue, sciatica, scoliosis, arthritis, herniated disc and degenerative disc disease.
Its amazing features include 2 reusable gel packs, perforated neoprene, 4 flexible stability straps, internal gel pack pocket and dual elastic pull bands.
It is made up of 3mm perforated neoprene material which allows good air circulation which liberates body moisture during the summer or working times.
The neoprene back supports the insulation of ice or hot pack for a longer period. It is enhanced with dual elastic bands which makes it suitable for all body types. It ensures maximum support while exercising, weight lifting or working for long hours.
The compression wrap prevents slipping and provides extra stability. It can be conveniently under the clothes and no one will be aware of that.
- Ergonomic design.
- High quality 3mm perforated neoprene material.
- Maximum support, compression and comfort.
- Dual elastic pull bands.
- 2 reusable gel packs and internal gel pack pocket.
- Some people found its smell awful.
If you are looking out for high quality back support belt that eases your lower back pain then comfy med back brace has to be your choice.
Due to its innovative design and extra strong support, it makes a perfect choice for people who have recovering from injuries. It is also helpful for people suffering from degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, sciatica, and scoliosis.
It is made up of high quality materials which are washable and durable as well. This is the only back pain belt with easy grip handles. It has a removable lumbar pad which doesn’t slip, roll or move. It is even suitable for everyday activities like heavy lifting, fishing, golf, cleaning, gardening and more.
- Adjustable double pull compression.
- FDA approved manufacturer.
- Very comfortable even during long work hours and summer.
- Can be worn by men and women.
- The lumbar pad doesn’t roll and move.
- High quality breathable material used.
- When you move a lot then it can get out of place.
- The breathable mesh covers only a small part of the brace.
Cotill Lumbar is one of the top selling back pain braces which can be used by both men and women. With 8 stable splints, it provides extra back support and stability for people suffering from lower back pain. It is also very helpful for treating herniated discs, sciatica, scoliosis and degenerative disc diseases.
It is very comfortable to wear while lifting heavy weights or working for a longer periods of time. It helps to keep the lower back in an extended position and reduces strain on muscles, ligaments, nerve roots and discs.
The mesh panels present in the brace helps with proper air circulation and releases excess heat/moisture. The dual adjustment straps provide compression, customized fit, support and warmth to the lower back pain while allowing freedom of movement. Apart from improving your posture, it also strengthens your muscles.
- Affordably priced.
- 100% money back guarantee.
- Dual adjustable straps design.
- Mesh panels to release excess heat and moisture.
- Anti-slip design.
- 24 hours comfort day and night.
- Eight stable bars for additional support.
- Some people got a bit small when ordered. So make sure to order proper size.
If you are looking for an ultimate brace that helps you do all the daily activities without worrying about your back then you have to purchase ComfyMed breathable Mesh back belt.
The pads apply pressure on the spine and side muscles to ensure the spine remains in the right position. The breathable mesh is designed for proper air circulation and reduces the moisture as well as heat. So, it can be worn during summers, jogging and while working for long period of time.
High quality materials are used for manufacturing and it is completely washable. It is perfect for people suffering from loose ligaments, muscle spasms, scoliosis, herniated disc, degenerative disc diseases, nerve injuries and sciatica.
- Breathable mesh.
- Light in weight and freedom of movement.
- High quality and durable materials.
- FDA approved manufacturer.
- Adjustable double pull compression.
- 12 months manufacturer’s warranty.
- Suitable for all types of daily activities.
- It is better to choose your size correctly, as the manufacturer doesn’t refund or take return.
Are you looking for a back brace that supports your lower back while you engage in physical activities or spend long hours sitting with limited movement? Then you have to choose AidBrace back belt.
It is very helpful in providing relief from sciatica, herniated discs, and pain in lumbar areas. It helps to correct your posture and avoid back injuries while lifting heavy loads. It also relieves stress on the lower back muscles.
Only high quality materials are used for making it. It can be easily washed with mild detergent and water. It provides ultimate support to lower back, hip and abdomen areas.
- Additional lumbar pad for more support.
- The double-side strap is adjustable.
- Breathable vented mesh.
- Curved side design for best comfort.
- Premium quality materials.
- Unique removable cushioned lumbar pad.
- The leather brace straps are not completely durable.
Aveston breathable back brace provides enough support to your spine for proper alignment. It is made up of breathable and non-sweating mesh material. This back protector perfectly fits to the curves of the waist.
You can support lower back, straighten to alleviate pain, speedup rehabilitation and shortens the recovery time. As the high back brace is ultralight, you may not be feel the brace or stay uncomfortable with it.
The three layer elastic present on the sides will help to adjust the compression across the brace width. It will get to back to normal size without losing its elasticity. It helps to prevents spams and pain even if you wear it for longer period of time.
- Shortens the recovery time.
- Reliable and most effective design.
- Breathable mesh elastic material.
- 6 ribs provide strong support.
- Anatomic design fits snugly along with the figure.
- You have to wear it only on the clothes.
Neotech care back brace is one of the highly recommended back support belt by doctors and physiotherapists. It is specially designed by the experts for a tight fit and comfortability.
These braces provide a wider back support than normal. Its double pull mechanism provides best possible comfort, heat retention and compression. Its unique elastic extra strength will provide an extra shield of back support and stability.
The unique criss-cross elastic strap will remove excess gap between the body and breathable fabric which enhances the stability.
The back support provided by the compression will improve the posture and helps in treating issues like sciatica, degenerative disc disease and slipped disc.
The high quality breathable material will provide warmth which eases the back sprain and muscle pains. It is specially designed to avoid sudden twisting movements.
- Suitable for even sports and athletes.
- Unique criss-cross elastic strap.
- Breathable and high quality materials.
- Double pull mechanism.
- Highly recommended by doctors and physiotherapists.
- Some people felt it a little tight.
- People with rubber allergy should avoid it.
If you are tired of taking pills and need some support to get relief from back pain then you can do it with BraceUP Stabilizing Lumbar Belt.
This back support belt is made up of durable synthetic materials which are completely breathable. It is specially designed to perfectly fit with any body size.
It has reachable side mesh panels and dual adjustable straps for compression. The 8 stays that surround the spine will make sure to hold it in a perfectly natural position.
You can even use it while weight training, playing basketball, working in yard and lifting heavy weights. Its innovative curvy design makes sure it doesn’t bunch or slip.
- Dual adjustment straps for customized fit and compression.
- The mesh panels will release the moisture and heat.
- 8 stays for additional lumbar support.
- Fits properly without slipping and bunching.
- 100% money back guaranteed.
- The lumbar pad is not removable.
Muller 255 lumbar support back brace is perfect for people who want to get relief from strains, muscle spasms, and sprains. The double layered design provides complete comfort and support to the spine and back muscles.
As breathable materials are used for making it, it is very comfortable to wear even for longer periods of time. The incredible support lets you accomplish all the daily activities without straining the spine or back muscles.
The removable lumbar pad cushions and internal molded plastic components will eliminate the brace rolling or bunching.
- Made up of high quality polyester, nylon and rubber.
- Extra stability from flexible steel supports.
- Custom fit with dual, outer elastic tension straps.
- Concentrated lumbar support.
- Removable lumbar pad.
- Make sure to choose perfect size as there is not return policy.
Best Back Pain Belt – Buying Guide
Below is the complete guide you can follow while choosing the best back pain belt that suit your requirements.
Basically, there are two types of back braces: Hard Belts and Soft Belts.
Hard Belts: These type of belts are built to fit to your body. They can restrict the flexibility of your body by 50%. Though they are quite effective, hard braces are pretty heavy. Most of the people find them uncomfortable.
Soft Belts: These type of back pain belts are made up of elastic material which keeps the spine in a straight posture. They don’t restrict the flexibility and support spinal fusions. They are also helpful in supporting the spine while digging, bending, lifting weights and sitting for longer period of time. They help you maintain perfect body posture all the time. While lifting the weight, the soft back braces forces the legs to take weight and maintains the back straight so that it doesn’t get strained.
2. Targeted Region
There are distinctive back pain braces available in the market. It is very important to choose the one which supports the exact are. For example: lumbar back belts help to support and straighten the lower back. And whereas thoracic helps to support mid-back regions.
- Make sure the material used for making the back belt is durable (that can also last through wear and tear). This is very important if you are choosing the elastic ones or soft back acne belts. Because the elastic may lose its elasticity over time.
- When it comes to quality, make sure it has solid and strong stitching.
- Cleaning the back belt time to time is essential. Choose the material that is very easy to clean like rubber, polyester and nylon.
4. Other Features
- Check whether the belt has padding or not because they make them comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
- Look for belts that are easy to adjust as per your waist length to give you the most custom fit possible. Elastic straps can be helpful in this case.
- For added advantage and support, it is better to have hard inserts that are usually made up of metal, plastic or any other durable items.
Back pain belts come in different sizes which are usually manufactured in order to laccommodate all the users. Make sure to refer the manufacturer’s size guide before finding the best one as per your body.
Pros and Cons of Back Pain Belt
Back braces have become an obvious choice of adding additional support and pain relief. But make sure to keep these advantages and disadvantages in mind before purchasing them.
- Back belts promote healing by immobilizing the muscles, tendons and ligaments present in the back so that they can get healed properly.
- It also helps to improve your posture by keeping your spine in right position.
One of the main disadvantages of wearing a back pain belt is – wearing for a longer period of time or too much. This can cause your muscles to atrophy or weaken.
Though back braces are highly recommended to support your spine and promote recovery, you should also consider its disadvantages as well. Avoid wearing them for too long periods. Make sure to do some exercises to strengthen your spine and muscles surrounding it.
We hope the information provided in this article was helpful in making the right decision. If you have any further queries, write to us in the comments section below. We will make sure to clarify them as soon as possible.