Every woman desires to have a picture-perfect, flawless skin but in this modern world, we generally depend upon the cosmetic creams, lotions, makeups, etc. to get a fair and flawless skin.
Although they provide us with an instant glowing skin but definitely cause side effects when used in a longer run. Always remember that healthy skin will make you feel clear and beautiful. The healthy diet, skin care regimen and lifestyle habits will resemble your skin’s health.
Stress, pollution & external environmental factor, smoking, intake of alcohol, poor nutrition, exposure to sun’s harmful UV rays, lack of sleep, improper skin care hygiene, etc. will make your skin look dry and dull with uneven skin tone.
Instead of relying on the cosmetic skin and beauty care products, you can try some best natural remedies at home to improve your skin’s health and appearance to make it clear and spotless.
Home Remedies to Get Beautiful & Clear Skin:
Here are the simple yet effective remedies that help you to grab beautiful and clear skin. All you need is to follow them regularly along with some regular exercise and healthy diet.
Remedy – 1: (Lemon)
The presence of citric acid and vitamin C will help you in exfoliating the skin and clears dead skin cell, impurities, and excess oil. It also enhances the collagen production and exhibits skin lightening property to increase the cell renewal process.
Have a look at how to use lemon to grab beautiful skin.
- Take a lemon and squeeze it freshly. Apply this fresh lemon juice on all over the clean face & neck. Wait for 10 minutes to rinse the area with lukewarm water. Pat dry the skin and rub some cucumber slices over the skin to moisturize and soften the skin. Do the same process daily to get rid of uneven skin patches.
- You can get beautiful skin by applying the mix prepared by stirring the juice of 1/2 a lemon in 1 – 2 tablespoons of raw honey on all over the face. Rinse with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it daily.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of fresh lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl. Apply it to the clean face, neck and other parts of the body. Scrub it gently in a circular motion and wait for 10 minutes to rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat it 1 – 2 times a week regularly to get glowing skin.
- Oatmeal acts as a natural exfoliator that cleanses the impurities, grime, and excess oil. Mix 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and mashed oatmeal (cooked) to make it a paste. Spread it on the skin and massage gently. Rinse off with water after 20 minutes and dry the skin.
Remedy – 2: (Turmeric)
Turmeric is a natural antibiotic, antiseptic and skin lightening agent that minimizes the scars and other marks effectively on the skin. It alleviates allergic, infectious and inflammatory skin disorders which makes the skin look dry, dull and lifeless.
Regular follow up of any of the below-mentioned turmeric methods will help you to get a beautiful clear skin.
- Gram flour (besan) exfoliates & lightens the skin and inhibits the growth of facial hair. Mix equal quantities of turmeric powder and gram flour in a bowl. Stir well by adding some milk (or water) till it forms a fine paste. Slather this mixture evenly on the skin and wait until it dries. Rinse the area with lukewarm water by scrubbing the skin gently. Continue it once a week to lighten the skin.
- Mix enough pineapple juice (or tomato juice) in 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder to make a fine paste. Apply it on the clean face and neck and wash the area with lukewarm water after it dries completely. Do it 3 – 4 times a week till you get rid of spots, scars and uneven patches of the skin.
Remedy – 3: (Honey)
Honey is a natural humectant and moisturizer that helps to keep the skin moisturized and beautiful. It exfoliates the skin to remove dirt, dead cells and tan on the skin’s surface.
Want to know how to use honey to get beautiful skin? Have a look at these methods.
- Take some raw honey and apply it directly on the skin. Leave it for few minutes till it gets dried naturally. Rinse the area with lukewarm water and dry the skin. Repeat it once daily to get clear skin.
- Stir 1 teaspoon each of raw honey and gram flour in 2 teaspoons of milk. Mix well to make a fine paste and spread it all over the clean face as a mask. Wait for 20 minutes and wash the area with warm water. Do it once a week to get a clear and radiant skin.
Remedy – 4: (Aloe Vera)
Being rich in antibacterial, astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera acts as the best remedy for getting clear skin. It soothes the irritated skin, moisturizes it effectively and heals your scars. It stimulates the growth of new skin cells and enhances the collagen production.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel freshly.
- Apply it on the clean face by using your clean fingers or cotton ball.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes and rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Continue this aloe gel application daily or several times a week on the regular basis until you get rid of the dull, dry and lifeless skin.
Remedy – 5: (Yogurt)
The lactic acid and probiotic-rich content of yogurt will help you to get rid of the dry, dull and lifeless skin. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin to give cure from acne and other irritating skin disorders. Regular usage will definitely help you in giving clear and flawless skin.
- Orange peel has vitamin C that makes it work as a natural skin tonic and help your skin to get rid of many ailments. Grind some dried orange peels and mix 1 tablespoon each of orange peel powder and yogurt to make a paste. Apply it on the skin and rinse off with water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 1 tablespoon of fresh plain yogurt and spread this mix onto the clean skin. Rinse the area with water after 15 – 20 minutes to get not only the fair skin but also clears your scars, marks, and spots on the skin.
- Stir 1 teaspoon of mint powder in 1 tablespoon each of plain yogurt and fuller’s earth in a bowl. Leave it aside for 30 minutes and stir well to apply it on the clean face and neck as a face pack. Let it sit till the mask dries naturally and rinse off with lukewarm water. Do it once a week till you enjoy the clear skin.
Remedy – 6: (Tea and Rice Flour)
The antioxidants in tea will help to flush out the toxins and free radicals from the skin and rice flour act as an excellent scrub that exfoliates the skin to remove dirt, dead cells, and impurities. So, this combination will make your skin look healthy and glowing.
Here are a few ways of using tea to get a beautiful glowing skin.
- Add 2 teaspoons of rice flour and 1/2 spoon of honey in 1 cup of cooled tea. Stir well and apply it on the skin. Let it sit until the mask dries completely and start massaging the area gently in circular motions. Finally, rinse the area with cold water and repeat the same process for a few times per week.
- Steep 1 green tea bag in 1 cup of hot water for a few minutes and take out the bag. Add some fresh lemon juice and raw honey to it and stir well to sip this warm tea 2 – 3 times daily to get flawless skin.
Remedy – 7: (Milk)
The lactic acid in milk exfoliates and locks the moisture in the skin to get a fair and flawless skin. It acts as a physical barrier that protects the skin from the damage caused to the skin by external environmental factors (pollution).
Have a look at how to use milk for beautiful skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of honey, fresh lemon juice and milk (or milk powder) in a bowl till it forms a fine paste. Apply this paste to the cleansed skin thoroughly. Wait for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with water. Repeat it regularly.
- Saffron is an excellent skin care ingredient that effectively used for skin glowing. Place 5 – 6 strands of saffron in 2 – 3 teaspoons of cold, raw milk. Let it sit for about 3 – 4 hours and apply it on the clean face and neck. Wait for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse the area with lukewarm water. Do it daily to get the soft, smooth and beautiful skin.
Remedy – 8: (Papaya)
Papaya has natural bleaching property that helps to reduce the appearance of scars and improves the skin’s texture to get clear skin. The papain is an enzyme present in papaya exhibits antibacterial and wound healing properties that aids in removing dead and damaged skin.
- Take a ripe papaya and chop it into small pieces.
- Then mix 1 teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and honey in this papaya pieces and grind them to make a fine paste.
- Spread it on all over the face and neck thoroughly as a mask.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse the area with cool water.
- Dry the skin to apply rose water on the face and neck.
- Let it dry naturally and repeat it once a week regularly to notice changes in your skin tone.
Remedy – 9: (Walnuts)
The antioxidants in walnuts help to repair the skin cells and promote the radiant skin. Walnut powder exfoliates the skin and removes dirt and impurities by acting as a natural exfoliator and cleanser. Regular usage will definitely bring you a beautiful glow to your dry, dull and lifeless skin.
Here are a few ways of using walnut for the healthy & beautiful skin.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of walnut powder in 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt to make a fine paste. Apply this paste to the clean face and neck. Scrub the mix around the face after it dries and finally, rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this face mask for once a week regularly.
- Take 3 walnuts and soak them in water overnight. In the morning, grind them to make a fine paste by adding 1 teaspoon of rose water. Slather this mix on the face and rinse with lukewarm water after an hour. Do the same process for once a week on regular basis.
- Eat 2 – 4 walnuts with 1 glass of milk in every morning to strengthen your immune system and to have healthy skin.
Remedy – 10: (Diet Plan)
Consuming a well-balanced diet will definitely help you to keep the skin young, healthy and beauty naturally. Here is the list of healthy foods which keep your skin clear, flawless and beautiful. Have a look at this list and include them in your diet.
- Consume whole grains which are enriched with fiber (reduces inflammation and stabilizes blood sugar levels), zinc (repairs skin damage and regulate sebum production) and B-vitamin (helps the skin cells to process fats without drying).
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy fluids like herbal teas or green tea, soups, fresh fruit or vegetable juices, smoothies, etc. to flush out the toxins from the skin and to stay hydrated. But avoid the intake of caffeinated, carbonated, alcoholic and sugary beverages.
- Include parsley in your diet, as it has a rich source of vitamin K (helps for promoting elasticity and good skin tone), vitamins A & C (clear blemishes and encourage collagen production) and volatile oils (disinfect pores and prevent acne).
- The intake of selenium, antioxidants, and vitamins (A, C & E) rich foods like nuts (Brazil nuts, walnuts), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower & Chia), wheat grass, meat, carrots (beta-carotene), spinach, etc. will help you to get rid of the problem.
- Vitamin C rich foods will help to support the immune system and thereby heals the skin and gives you a glowing skin. So, consume foods rich in vitamin C like berries (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberry), black currants, spinach, tomatoes, oranges, kiwi, etc.
- Omega – 3 fatty acids and vitamin D rich foods (wild salmon, tuna, spinach, etc.) will protect your skin from sun exposure. So, try this grilled, baked, in sushi, with a salad, in pasta with a side of asparagus.
- Consume zinc-rich foods (like oysters, beans, mushrooms, lamb, spinach, squash seeds, dark chocolates, chicken, pork, etc.) which aids in the skin cell renewal and repair.
- Probiotic-rich foods like yogurt, fat-free milk or miso will help to reset your system and helps to cleanse your system.
Tips and Precautions:
- Cucumber has nourishing, hydrating and astringent properties that improve the overall appearance by removing the dead skin cells, repairing damaged skin cells and thereby gives an instant fresh glow. Simply rub cucumber slices or apply cucumber juice on the affected skin areas.
- Avoid rinsing your face with hot water, as it causes redness and irritation on the skin along with drying out the delicate facial skin. So, rinse your face with lukewarm water rather than hot water.
- Use some natural oils like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, argan oil, sesame oil, castor oil, sea buckthorn oil, etc. will moisturize the skin and provides flawless skin.
- Don’t scrub the skin too frequently, as the store-bought chemical and toxic packed scrubs will harm and dry your skin. So, instead choose natural fresh fruits like mango, pineapple chunks or mashed strawberries on your face.
- Not enough rest will definitely reflect on your face, as it looks tired and irritated. So, sleep for at least 7 – 8 hours to undergo restoration, rebalancing and repairing.
- Regular exercise will boost up the blood circulation, remove cellular debris and free radicals and thereby cleanse the body. It distresses and tones up the body to look beautiful.
- Rinse your face at night before bedtime to remove makeup and impurities and apply moisturizer to get the nourishing skin.
- Protect your skin from harmful sun’s UV rays by applying sunscreen before stepping out in the sun and reapply it for every 4 – 5 hours.
- Apply baking soda paste on the clean face and neck to exfoliate the skin and clear spots and scars.
- Prevent acne by following small daily life hacks like changing pillowcases every 4 – 5 days, reduce stress levels, tie your hair back before going to sleep, keep your hands and surrounding clean, avoid placing the hands on the breakouts, avoid consuming oily or fast foods, etc.
- Also, use other natural remedies like rose water, potato, cod liver oil, drink fresh carrot or orange juice, banana paste with milk, avocado paste, etc. to get the beautiful and fair skin.
All you need is to use these natural remedies regularly to change your skin tone and make it look clear, beautiful and healthy. Do you know any other successful natural remedies to grab beautiful skin? Then share your experience with us in the below comments box.