Back acne (or bacne) – It is an embarrassing and most uncomfortable skin problem. It is acne that developed on the back side of the body. It is caused when the skin pores or hair follicles get clogged due to the buildup of excess sebum, dead skin and other impurities and thereby the bacteria will thrive in it to cause acne pimples.
People with facial oil are more prone to this bacne. Hormonal changes, stress, unhealthy diet and improper skin care are the main reasons causing acne.
They are the painful and irritating problem which makes you difficult in wearing clothes or carrying backpacks. Usage of cosmetic products may also clog the pores and result in acne or skin breakouts. So, follow some natural remedies which not treat back acne, soothe the irritated skin but also clear bacne scars.
Let’s get started to know the natural ways to treat back acne.
Home Remedies for Back Acne:
Here are some effective home remedies that help to get rid of back acne naturally. All you need to do is to follow them regularly till you get complete relief from the bacne.
Remedy – 1: (Sea Salt)
Salt helps to clear the excess oil and moisture on the skin with its drying nature, which in turn clears the growth of bacteria causing acne. Always use organic sea salt but not table salt for treating bacne.
- When suffering from back acne, bathing is the best option to treat it.
- Pour 2 – 3 cups of sea salt in your bathtub filled with warm water.
- Soak about 20 – 30 minutes and dry your skin thoroughly.
- Apply a light moisturizer, if you have dry or sensitive skin.
- Continue this sea salt bath for once daily till you get rid of back acne breakouts.
- Or simply mix some sea salt to water and pour this mix into a spray bottle. Spray this mix on your back for twice daily. Dry it thoroughly and wear loose clothing to get rid of back acne.
- Also, use Epsom salt bath instead of sea salt for treating your bacne. But make sure to drink a lot of water after doing this Epsom salt bath.
Remedy – 2: (Oatmeal)
Oatmeal is the best ingredient that works for all skin types (dry or oily or aging skin). It soaks up the excessive sebum oil, dead cells, and impurities by exfoliating the skin and opens up the skin pores.
- Oatmeal soothing bath will rejuvenate the skin and moisturize it to get rid of bacne and its scars.
- Grind 3 tablespoons of oatmeal finely and add it to your bathtub.
- Run warm water in your tub and stir well.
- Soak yourself in this water for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Continue taking this oatmeal bath once daily till you get acne free skin.
- Or pour this ground oatmeal in a sock or muslin cloth and tie it to your bathtub filled with warm water. Squeeze the cloth while soaking to let the juice of oatmeal mix with the water. Soak for 20 – 30 minutes for once daily.
- Or mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of raw honey (antibacterial and soothing properties) in 3 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal (cleans off oil and dirt). Let it cool down and apply it as a mask on the bacne areas. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
Remedy – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties along with balancing your skin’s pH levels which help you in treating acne and its symptoms. The malic and acetic acid in ACV helps to exfoliate and restores the skin’s acid mantle.
- Mix 1 part of ACV with 2 parts of water and fill it in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray this mix on the back acne at night before bedtime.
- You can also spray it in the daytime – spray it on the bacne affected areas and rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate this ACV toner bottle and use it daily.
- Or you can also apply this ACV toner on the back acne using a cotton ball.
- Or simply, pour 1 cup of ACV and few drops of tea tree oil in your bathtub filled with warm water. Stir and soak in this water for 7 – 10 minutes to get rid of body acne.
- Also, mix equal quantities of ACV and water in a spray bottle and spray it on the acne affected body parts before your shower to treat body acne.
Remedy – 4: (Baking Soda)
Baking soda helps to balance the pH levels of your skin and also exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to get rid of acne.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in enough water till it forms a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the back acne.
- Rinse it off with water thoroughly after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat the same regularly till you get complete relief from the bacne.
Remedy – 5: (Essential Oils)
Essential oils are enriched with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that effectively treat acne. Here are some essential oils that work well in treating acne in your back.
Tea Tree Oil – It penetrates deep into the skin and dries out the acne. Mix few drops of tea tree oil in 1 – 2 tablespoons of carrier oil (or honey) and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse off with lukewarm water after few minutes. Repeat it once daily.
Lavender Oil – It soothes the nerves and balances your hormonal levels. Mix 7 – 8 drops of lavender oil and 1 cup of water (or Epsom or sea salt) in your bathtub filled with warm water. Soak for 15 – 20 minutes and repeat it 1 – 2 times a week.
Clove Oil – The eugenol in clove oil kills the bacterial infections and reduces pain and swelling. Mix 1 part of clove oil with 10 parts of any carrier oil and apply it on the affected bacne areas using a cotton ball. Wipe off after few minutes.
Remedy – 6: (DIY White Willow Bark Toner)
White willow bark has salicin (similar to salicylic acid) that helps to dry out the blemishes to clear bacne. It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that treat redness, pain, and inflammation caused by acne.
Here is a recipe that helps you to prepare a white willow bark toner with other ingredients like witch hazel and essential oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of white willow bark in a small pot filled with 5 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 10 – 15 minutes and strain it using a fine strainer.
- Then add 3 ½ tablespoons of witch hazel and 10 drops of essential oil (tea tree oil or lavender oil) in it.
- Mix well and store this in an empty bottle.
- Apply it on the back acne using a cotton ball and do the same process for 2 – 4 times daily till you get rid of the bacne.
Tips and Precautions:
- Apart from following home remedies, you have to exfoliate the back part gently and use a good body wash till you get rid of the problem.
- You can also use other natural remedies like mint leaves paste, honey, aloe vera gel, distilled witch hazel, water diluted lemon juice, turmeric, a paste of sandalwood powder and rosewater, tomato juice, green tea, etc. on the back acne to get rid of the problem.
- Drink plenty of water and other healthy drinks to stay hydrated and to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods which include high-fiber foods and whole grains.
- Avoid the intake of caffeinated drinks, fatty and sweet foods, oily or processed foods, spiced fried foods, etc. from your diet.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly to prevent excess sebum and dead cells causing acne. So, mix the juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 cup honey in 1 cup of white sugar. Stir well and use it to scrub the body before shower for twice a week regularly to get rid of body acne.
- Do some regular exercises, yoga, meditation, deep breathing techniques, get plenty of rest, etc. to keep away from the stress and to keep proper functioning of the body.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol, as they worsen the problem.
- Always maintain a good hygiene to keep your skin clean and free from dirt and bacteria.
- Consult your doctor if you don’t get any relief from the problem or suffering from the recurrence of bacne, for proper diagnose and treatment.
Try these natural remedies to get relief from bacne. Do you know any other successful back acne remedies? Then share it with us in the below comments box.