We generally know aspirin as a medicine, used to treat a headache, fever or body ache. But do you know that aspirin is also used as a good remedy for treating many skin problems? Surprising, isn’t it? Yes, this common over the counter pain reliever will do wonder which you probably don’t know about it.
Aspirin with its generic name as Acetyl Salicylic Acid (ASA) not only provides instant relief from a headache or body ache but also enhance the beauty. With the regular application of aspirin on the skin, we can achieve a healthy, clear and supple skin.
Amazing Aspirin Benefits for Beauty & Skincare:
Before going to the topic, let’s know how does aspirin works for treating various beauty problems and thereby makes your skin glow naturally.
- Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a crystalline compound derived from salicylic acid. This will cleanse your clogged pores and thus reduces the risk of forming acne on the skin. It unclogs the skin pores and thus stimulates the renewal of cells.
- It exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, dirt and other impurities to prevent various skin problems.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that reduces the pain, redness, swelling or puffiness of the affected skin area.
- It has beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps to soothe the skin to reduce itching, irritation, and redness on the affected skin.
- It slows down the aging by reducing wrinkles and sagging skin. Collagen helps to make your skin smooth and elastic by boosting the skin structure with its anti-inflammatory properties.
The Best Ways of using Aspirin to Treat Beauty Problems:
Now let’s take a glance at how to use aspirin for treating various beauty problems and thereby to maintain a healthy skin and hair.
Method – 1: (Acne)
Aspirin unclogs your skin and exfoliates to remove dead cells, bacteria and other impurities causing acne. It effectively reduces the swelling, redness, pain, and irritation with its salicylic acid content. It also reduces the acne scars and other skin discoloration.
- Crush 4 – 5 aspirin tablets finely and put the powder in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (or honey or water or aloe vera gel) to it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on the acne affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to get dry and rinse off with water.
- Dry the area gently and repeat it twice daily till you get relief from acne.
Note: Also, this process is used to clear acne scars or blemishes from your skin. Or mix a little water in 1 crushed aspirin tablet till it forms a thick paste. Apply this paste as a spot treatment for treating pimples or zits.
Method – 2: (Callus Remover)
A callus is a toughened or hardened part of the skin or soft tissue that has been subjected to repeated friction or pressure. It is an unpleasant spot that appears near the heels of the feet. The salicylic acid in aspirin exfoliates the skin and softens the callus to remove it easily.
- Finely crush 4 – 6 aspirin tablets and mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on the callus.
- For faster results, wrap your foot in a plastic bag and leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then remove the foot wrap and rub the callus affected feet with a pumice stone.
- Repeat it regularly till you get rid of callus on your body.
Method – 3: (Dandruff)
Dandruff is a shed off dead skin cells in the form of white flakes from the scalp. Aspirin has salicylates which act as an active ingredient in most of the medicated shampoos used to clear dandruff. It exfoliates the skin to remove flakes and reduce the inflammation on the scalp.
- Crush 2 uncoated aspirin tablets into a fine powder.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of shampoo (fragrance-free or dye – free shampoo) to it.
- Mix well and use it to shampoo your hair by exfoliating the scalp.
- This will remove the layer of dead skin causing dandruff.
- Finally, rinse your hair with water and continue shampooing your hair regularly with these aspiring based tablets.
- For treating your itchy scalp, do a final rinse by mixing equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water, which helps to balance your pH levels of the scalp and relieves your itching.
- For hair regrowth, aspirin acts as an inhibitor for the production of prostaglandin D2 in the body and thereby aids in the re-growing of your hair.
Method – 4: (Hair Color Booster)
Swimming too often will make your hair dull and blonde with its chlorinated water. So, to prevent your hair from these damages, you have to use aspirin. It helps to remove chlorine discoloration from your hair locks.
- Finely crush 10 aspirin tablets and dissolve in a bowl of warm water.
- Then soak your hair strands in this mix for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair using shampoo and conditioner to get rid of discolored hair.
- Repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from the problem.
Method – 5: (Facial Toner)
Aspirin acts as a facial toner that tones your face to reduce puffiness and discoloration. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and protect it from infections.
- Dissolve 8 – 10 crushed aspirin tablets in 1/2 cup each of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Stir well and pour this mix into a mist bottle.
- Clean and dry your face and spray it on all over your face.
- Wait for 10 – 12 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Dry your face and refrigerate the remaining toner for future usage.
- Do the same process regularly to get relief from many skin problems like clogged skin, puffiness, discoloration of the skin, etc.
Method – 6: (Deep Clean Pores)
Aspirin acts as an exfoliant that scrubs away all the dust, excess oil and dead cells from your skin. It cleanses your pores deeply to get relief from acne and scars and also to rejuvenate your skin.
- Crush 3 – 4 aspirin tablets in a bowl and mix it with a little water to make a thick paste.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and stir well.
- Use this mix to scrub your face for few minutes and rinse off with water.
- Pat dry your skin and repeat it regularly to cleanse your pores deeply.
Note: Or mix 4 – 5 crushed aspirin tablets, a little plain yogurt, few drops of honey and lemon juice. Stir well and use this mix to scrub your face for more exfoliating results.
Method – 7: (Radiant and Flawless Skin)
Flawless skin with a radiant look is a dream to everyone but do you know that aspirin will help you to achieve that dream. Follow this mask regularly to get flawless skin.
- Mix 5 crushed aspirin with enough lukewarm water till it forms a smooth paste.
- Then add some plain yogurt to this paste and stir well.
- Apply it as a thin layer of mask on all over your face.
- Wait for few minutes to get dry and rinse off with water by massaging gently with your fingers.
- Do the same process regularly till you achieve the radiant skin.
Note: Or dissolve 7 – 8 aspirin tablets in enough green tea and then add few drops each of sweet almond oil and honey. Stir well and apply it to your face and neck. Rinse off with water after 15 minutes to maintain young and flawless skin.
Method – 8: (Sun Damaged Skin)
The discoloration of the skin caused due to the sun damage will be repaired by using aspirin. The AHA and BHA content in aspirin will help to soothe the irritated skin and pain along with retaining the original color of the skin.
Lemon juice used in this process will slow down the oxidation process and thereby keep the skin glow with an even tone. Curd or yogurt heals the sunburns and also eliminates tan from the skin.
- Powder 5 uncoated aspirin tablets in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and yogurt in powder.
- Stir well to make a fine refreshing paste and apply it on the sun damaged (or sun-exposed) skin areas.
- Wait for 10 minutes to rinse off with water.
- Pat dry the skin and apply this aspirin paste regularly till you get a complete relief from sunburns or suntans.
Note: Also add a few drops of olive oil to this aspirin mix before applying on the sunburn or suntan affected skin areas.
Method – 9: (Aspirin Face Mask for Dry Skin)
The combination of aspirin and honey will help you in dealing with dry skin and acne breakouts. They help to hold the moisture and prevent the skin from getting dry.
- Grind 4 – 5 aspirin tablets and add 1 teaspoon of water to it.
- Stir well and add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 3 – 4 drops of almond oil to it.
- Mix all these ingredients to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the skin and rinse off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Regular follow – up will definitely help you in dealing with dry skin.
Method – 10: (Ingrown Hairs)
The salicylic acid in aspirin helps to exfoliate the skin and treat ingrown hair but if you’re having sensitive skin then steer clear of this treatment. It has anti-inflammatory that reduces pain, redness, and swelling.
- Dissolve 4 aspirin tablets in 1/2 teaspoon of warm water and then add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir well to form a fine paste and apply this paste on the affected skin areas.
- Wait for 10 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it regularly till you get rid of the problem.
Note: Also, you can use aspirin for reducing the growth of your facial hair.
Method – 11: (For Skin Whitening)
Aspirin exfoliates the skin and clears dead cells, excess oil and other impurities to make it look healthy and glowing.
- Crush 3 uncoated aspirin tablets and dilute in 4 teaspoons of water.
- Stir well to make a paste and then add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to this aspirin paste.
- Apply it as a pack all over the dull and damaged skin as skin whitening face pack.
- Let it dry for a few minutes and rinse with water to give a natural uplift to the skin.
Method – 12: (Anti-aging/Wrinkles)
Aspirin helps to firm up the aging skin and clear wrinkles with its beta hydroxy acids (BHA). It tightens the skin and smoothes out the skin to remove wrinkles.
Have a look at how to use aspirin for removing wrinkles.
- Crush 7 undiluted uncoated aspirins and add 1 teaspoon of warm water to make a fine paste.
- This is a basic recipe that helps you in dealing with wrinkles and other aging signs.
- For additional benefits, add one of these ingredients in the basic aspirin mask. mix tea tree oil (or olive or jojoba oil to boost up moisture for dry skin), egg white (for skin firming), raw honey (heals the dry, aging and irritated skin), lemon juice (soothes your skin), vinegar (minimizes the skin pores and enhance the skin’s glow), avocado (enriched with nutrients and provides skin’s elasticity), banana (has moisturizing and anti-aging properties) or olive oil (moisturizes and smoothens the skin).
- After that, apply this anti-wrinkle mask on all over the clean face.
- Leave the mask for about 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water followed with cold water.
- Continue this mask for 2 – 3 times a week until you get relief from wrinkles and other aging signs.
Method – 13: (Stretch Marks)
Aspirin works as an excellent treatment for stretch marks with its salicylic acid content that helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and other impurities. It has alpha hydroxy acids that stimulate the collagen production and thereby enhance the growth of new skin cells.
Here is a detailed way that explains you on how to use aspirin to remove stretch marks.
- Crush 3 – 4 aspirin tablets to make a fine powder.
- Add a few drops of water and stir well to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the stretch marks affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes till it dries completely and then rinse off with water.
- Dry the area gently and apply moisturizer.
- Continue the same process regularly until you fade away these stretch marks on the body.
Method – 14: (Rosacea)
Aspirin is an effective over the counter medicine for treating rosacea with its anti-inflammatory property that helps to give relief from itching, redness, swelling and stinging sensation. But you can also use aspirin topically or orally by simply preparing this mask for face, neck, and chest.
- Grind 6 – 8 uncoated aspirin tablets and make a paste by adding enough water.
- Then add a few drops of aloe vera gel to this paste.
- Stir well and apply it on a clean and dry face and neck.
- Wait for 10 – 15 minutes to rinse off with warm water the aspirin applied skin areas.
- Pat dry the skin and repeat the action regularly till you get relief from this problem.
Method – 15: (Scalp Psoriasis)
Aspirin works well in treating scalp problems like dandruff, itchy or dry scalp or scalp psoriasis with its salicylic acid content that moisturize the scalp and prevent the flakes now and then.
- Crush 4 – 5 aspirin tablets into powder and add some fresh aloe vera gel and water to it.
- Stir well and add this mix to your shampoo.
- Stir and use it to shampoo your hair and leave it for a few minutes by gently rubbing the scalp.
- After that, rinse off the hair with lukewarm water and dry your hair thoroughly.
- Continue doing the same process for a few times daily to get rid of the scalp psoriasis.
Tips and Precautions:
- Aspirin increases the blood flow to the affected skin’s surface and reduces the appearance of marks caused due to hickeys. So, dissolve 2 uncoated aspirin pills in 1/2 cup of water and apply this paste on the hickeys.
- Aspirin also reduces the risk of getting cancer or heart strokes, if used regularly but be sure to consult your doctor before using to know about your health properly.
- It soothes the stings or bites with its anti-inflammatory property. Just dampen an uncoated aspirin and apply this paste on the affected area for a few minutes to get rid of the problem.
- Avoid over usage of these aspirin tablets, as it may burn your skin and causes irritation. Also, check whether you’re allergic to aspirin or not before using it regularly by doing a skin patch test.
- Consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from the problem or if it worsens due to the over usage of as aspirin.
- To remove sweet stains on the clothes, you can submerge the cloth in a bowl filled with aspirin dissolved warm water for a couple of hours. After that, rinse off the cloth.
- Do you know that aspirin will also increase the growth rate of plants? Yes, all you need is to dissolve few aspirin tablets in 1 glass of water and spray it on the indoor and outdoor plants. This will also prolong the life of fresh cut flowers.
- Pregnant or nursing women and children and other who are taking medications should not use this aspirin on the skin.
- People who are sensitive or allergic to aspirin should avoid these methods and consult their doctor.
Use aspirin in these amazing ways to grab the beauty benefits from it. Do you know any other ways of using aspirin for treating beauty problems? Then share it with us in the below comments box.