Whenever the fat content of the body exceeds the normal valves then it is considered as overweight. This overweight problem is faced by most of the people due to over consumption of unhealthy and fatty foods without proper workouts.
However, weight gain can be caused due to genetic disorders, sedentary lifestyles, stress, over intake of junk or processed food, hormonal imbalances, lack of regular exercises, insomnia, depression, etc. Being overweight might result in many health problems like heart problems, joint pains, enlarged body parts, snoring, etc.
So, here we are going to learn how aloe vera is used as a natural weight loss remedy. Aloe vera not only used for treating burns or cuts but it is also used for losing your weight and makes you slim and fit.
Does Aloe Vera work for Weight Loss?
- It has been scientifically proven that regular intake of aloe vera gel or juice will help to increase the metabolism and thus reduces Body Mass Index (BMI), which means carbohydrates and fats will turn to energy instead of storing in the body as visceral fat.
- It acts as a natural anti-oxidant that slows down the growth of free radicals in the body. it also has a rich source of polysaccharides that strengthens the immune system and keep the internal system toxic – free for healthy weight loss.
- It is enriched with many essential vitamins (A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C & E), niacin, folic acid, etc. which helps to burn the calories to reduce your body fat.
- It is a natural laxative that improves digestion, forces the foot out of the colon (colon cleanse), prevents constipation and detoxifies the body to prevent the storage of fat as weight gain.
- It has aloin, a substance that stimulates the gut activity and cleanses the system deeply and thoroughly.
- Balancing the blood sugar levels and managing diabetes is one main thing for maintaining a healthy weight. Aloe vera has phytosterols that will do this by promoting slow absorption of sugar into the body.
- It stimulates the production of collagen protein in which our body spends a lot of energy in assimilating the collagen protein and this energy spend will help you lose weight.
- This collagen protein helps in speed up of metabolism that in turn digests the food and turns into energy rather than storing in the lower intestine.
- It contains 75 active vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, salicylic acids, carbohydrates and phytochemicals (sapanins) which are very essential for losing weight and avoid the problems associated with obesity.
- It acts as an appetite suppressant that curbs your appetite and keeps you filled for a longer time. This prevents overeating and thus promotes weight loss. It also reduces the glucose levels in the bloodstream.
How to use Aloe Vera for Weight Loss:
There are many simple ways of using aloe vera as an effective at home natural weight loss remedy. But here we are providing you with the best aloe vera methods for losing weight without any side effects.
Aloe Vera Gel – Cut the edges and end part of the aloe vera leaf. Cut the leaf in middle and extract its gel with a spoon. Consume 1 teaspoon of this fresh aloe gel for twice a day to lose your overweight.
Aloe Vera Juice – Scoop the gel out of the leaf using a spoon and blend it in water or your favorite fruit juice. Stir well and drink it in the morning (prefer with an empty stomach) to get rid of obesity.
Aloe Vera Gel with Lemon – Lemon is loaded with pectin fibers and polyphenols that flush out the toxins from the body and reduce your excess weight. Mix fresh lemon juice, aloe vera gel and water in a blender and drink it regularly in the morning and don’t eat or drink anything for an hour after drinking it.
Aloe Vera Juice with Honey – Honey increases the energy levels and suppresses food cravings naturally to lose weight. Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey in 1 glass of aloe vera juice. Stir well and drink it to stimulate the metabolism, burn extra fat and calories.
Aloe Vera in Smoothies – Add aloe vera gel or juice to your smoothies and blend it well before drinking it. You can add aloe in kale smoothie, fresh fruit and coconut smoothie, blueberry smoothie, vegetable green smoothie, etc. for best results, consume it in the morning.
Aloe Vera Crystals – Make aloe vera crystals by passing the fresh gel through a cold compress. Consume this 2 – 4 ounce for 2 – 4 times daily (once before meals). Or add 1/8 teaspoon of these crystals to purified water or fruit or vegetable juices and drink it.
Aloe Vera with Ginger – Ginger acts as a natural appetite suppressant and has a best fat – burning property. Prepare a natural infusion by adding 1 tablespoon each of grated ginger and aloe vera gel in 1 cup of water and boil it over low heat for few minutes. Drink it regularly.
Aloe Vera with Pineapple and Cucumber – Pineapple improves the digestive capacity of the body and cleanses the system thoroughly. Cucumber is a watery vegetable that suppresses the appetite. Just simply blend half a cucumber, 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, a slice of pineapple and 1 glass of water. Drink this after each meal for proper digestion without storing as fat in the body.
Aloe Vera with Strawberries – Strawberries has a rich amount of fiber, acts as diuretic and has fewer calories which make it perfect to mix with aloe for weight loss. Simply blend aloe vera leaf, 3 – 4 fresh strawberries and a little of honey till it gets thick as you like and then consume it once daily by adding honey to it. Or add some orange juice and drink it.
Aloe Vera with Green Tea – Green tea has catechins and polyphenols that boost up the metabolism and reduces your appetite to make you fit and slim. Add 1 teaspoon of freshly extracted aloe vera gel in 1 cup of green tea. Stir well and drink it once in the morning and once at night before bedtime.
Tips and Precautions:
- Aloe vera is available in gel, juice and latex form but the best one is that was extracted from the tubules of the aloe vera plant.
- If you don’t have aloe plant then buy the juice or gel in health food stores but be sure that it is purely aloe vera extract without the addition of other ingredients.
- Always follow aloe vera in extract recommended quantities or else it will cause some side effects like diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, upset stomach, low potassium levels, etc.
- It might interact with certain medications and if you’re are in any medication then it’s advised to consult your doctor before using aloe vera for weight loss.
- Aloe vera is also available in capsule form. So, take this capsule with water after eating but consult your doctor to know the recommended dosage, as per your age and health condition.
- Always consume these aloe vera drinks in the morning with an empty stomach to grab the best results of losing your weight quickly.
- It’s best to clean the aloe leaf thoroughly before using to remove the dust or impurities on it. Also, rinse the gel before using to discard the green liquid, as it is toxic and it consumed like that then it causes heartburn, irritation, diarrhea, etc.
- It has a laxative effect that if overtaken can result in electrolyte imbalance which in turn causes weak muscles, numbness, heart problems, seizures, and paralysis. Long term usage might interfere and makes you depend on these laxatives for regular bowel movement.
- Aloe vera belongs to the family of tulips, onions or garlic. So, if you’re allergic to these ingredients then check it before using aloe vera as your weight loss aid.
- Pregnant or nursing women, women who are menstruating and children below 10 years should not take aloe vera for losing their weight. Also, the long-term usage of aloe vera orally might raise the risk of cancer and thyroid problems.
This is all about Aloe Vera for Weight Loss. Hope you give a trial for losing your weight but don’t forget to share your experience with us.
Leave a Reply