Healthy hair represents a beautiful personality but in these days, due to certain reasons like the usage of harsh chemical based shampoos, environmental irritants, pollution, unhygienic hair care practice due to busy schedules, stress, over usage of hair styling products, etc. most of the people are suffering from hair damages which in turn result in many hair and scalp problems.
Stop worrying about your hair damages and start using natural remedies like Aloe Vera for healthy hair growth, as natural remedies will reduce the damage and help the hair to grow strong and shiny.
Aloe vera is an amazing plant that has many effective properties used for treating skin, hair and health problems. Here in this article, we are going to know how to use aloe vera as hair masks for a healthy hair.
Natural Aloe Vera Hair Masks for Healthy and Beautiful Hair:
Before going to know about the healthy aloe vera hair masks, we should know some aloe vera properties which help for maintaining healthy hair.
- Aloe vera has many essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C & E, zinc, iron, enzymes, polysaccharides and glycoprotein’s that stimulates the healthy hair growth.
- It reduces the excess sebum (oil), toxins, dust, dead cells and other impurities on the hair and scalp. It also moisturizes your hair with its mucopolysaccharides to reduce dry, dull and flaky hair.
- It exhibits an alkalizing property that restores your pH levels of the scalp which in turn prevents any microbial growth and its attack on the scalp.
- It contains anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that remove microbes causing dandruff, relieves itching and soothes your hair.
- It penetrates deep into the hair and scalp to condition and nourish your hair and to add volume to your hair.
Now, let’s have a look on the amazing aloe vera hair masks for healthy hair. However aloe vera gel alone is used for healthy hair but when mixed with other natural ingredients, it results in an effective relief from hair damage and promotes long and glossy tresses.
Mask – 1: (Aloe Vera with Olive Oil and Yogurt for Smooth and Shiny Hair)
Olive oil acts as an antioxidant and natural conditioner that nourishes the scalp and hair. Yogurt has a moisturizing property that adds volume and shine to your hair.
- Mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons each of yogurt and olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Stir all these ingredients and apply it on the scalp.
- Massage it gently on the scalp and hair for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Leave it for another 25 – 30 minutes and rinse your hair.
- Regular follow-up of this mask for 3 – 4 times a month will promote smooth and shiny hair growth.
Note: Or mix 1 teaspoon each of organic coconut oil and fresh lemon juice in 3 teaspoons of aloe vera gel. Apply it on the hair and massage for a couple of minutes. Rinse your hair after 20 minutes.
Mask – 2: (Aloe Vera with Lemon Juice for Hair Loss)
Aloe vera with lemon juice combination helps to provide nourishment, eliminate dandruff, removes excess oiliness, stimulate hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Extract aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf and squeeze half a lemon in a bowl.
- Pour this mix into a blender and blend it for a minute or two.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and massage gently for few minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat it regularly to prevent hair loss and to enhance healthy hair growth.
Mask – 3: (Aloe Vera with Coconut Oil and Honey for Dry Hair)
Dry hair will result in dandruff, itchy scalp, hair loss and finally results in hair damage. This is hydrating hair mask that nourishes your hair deeply and prevents dry hair.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in 4 – 5 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply this mix on your hair from root to tip direction as a hair mask.
- Leave it on for about 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with your regular shampoo.
- Continue doing the same process regularly to get rid of dry and dull hair.
Mask – 4: (Aloe Vera with Tea Tree Oil and Rosewater for Dandruff)
Tea tree oil has antimicrobial properties that fight against the microbes causing dandruff. Aloe vera has soothing properties against the itching and redness caused due to dandruff. Rosewater soothes the irritated scalp and hair.
- Mix 5 – 7 drops of tea tree oil and 1 – 2 teaspoons of rose water (for serum consistency) in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Stir well and apply it on your scalp by massaging thoroughly.
- Let it sit for few minutes and rinse off your hair with water.
- Do the same process for thrice a week till you get relief from dandruff and damaged hair.
Note: Or mix 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of organic honey in 1 cup of aloe vera gel. Apply it on your strands and roots and rinse off your hair after few hours.
Mask – 5: (Aloe Vera with Castor Oil and Fenugreek for Hair Growth)
Castor oil strengthens your hair roots, reduces the stress and grows your hair faster. Fenugreek contains hormone antecedents which rebuild your hair follicles and thus promotes faster hair growth.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of basil powder, fenugreek powder and castor oil in 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel.
- Stir it and apply it on all over the scalp at night before bedtime.
- Massage it gently for few minutes and leave it on for overnight.
- Shampoo your hair in the next morning and continue doing it for once a week to get healthy hair growth.
- Or mix 2 tablespoons each of castor oil and powdered fenugreek in 1 cup of aloe vera. Apply it on the scalp and hair. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for overnight. Rinse off in the morning to promote a healthy hair growth.
- Or mix 1/4 cup of wheat germ oil and 1/2 cup each of coconut milk and aloe vera gel in a bowl. Massage it all over your hair and scalp. Rinse off your hair after 30 – 45 minutes with water.
Mask – 6: (Aloe Vera with Egg for Hair Conditioner)
An Egg has proteins and other essential nutrients that nourish and condition your hair. Aloe vera adds shine to your hair.
- Whip an egg in 1/2 cup of fresh aloe vera gel thoroughly.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp and let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with cool water and repeat it regularly as a natural hair conditioner to your hair.
Note: Or mix equal parts of aloe vera and olive oil and apply it on your hair. Rinse off with a mild shampoo after 30 – 45 minutes for deep clean conditioner and to add volume to your hair.
Mask – 7: (Aloe Vera with Hibiscus Flower for Split Ends and Damaged Hair)
Hibiscus rejuvenates your scalp, stimulate proper circulation and enhance the hair growth. This combination helps to keep your hair healthy by repairing the damaged ends and prevents split ends.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower paste in 1 cup of aloe vera gel.
- Blend it well till you get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the hair as a mask and wait for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and reapply this mask regularly to get rid of split ends and also to enhance your hair growth.
Tips and Precautions:
- Direct application of aloe vera gel on the hair will help to treat itchy or dry scalp and other hair or scalp problems and thus nourishes your hair.
- Wash the aloe leaves thoroughly with water before using them for your hair treatment.
- Always use freshly squeezed aloe vera gel for hair treatments and if it is not available then choose organic aloe vera gel or juice available in your health or food stores.
- Avoid overusing lemon juice on your hair, as it lightens your hair’s color. So, replace honey instead of lemon juice to moisture your hair.
- Regular application of aloe vera oil on the hair will help you to get rid of many hair problems and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Aloe vera might cause some allergic reaction in some people. So, do some skin patch test before applying on hair or scalp and regularize its application if you didn’t find any allergic reaction.
- Consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from your hair or scalp problems.
- Other than using aloe vera, drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet to promote hair growth and reduce hair problems.
- Pour aloe vera in your regularly used shampoos, conditioner and hair styling products before applying on your hair to reduce the damage caused to your hair.
Follow these aloe vera based hair masks regularly to prevent hair damage and to enhance hair growth. Do you know any other aloe vera hair masks for healthy hair? Then share it with us.