Attractive eyes will definitely reflect the natural beauty of any person. So, it’s important to maintain healthy and nourishing eyes without any dark rings or circles under the eyes. But in these days, dark circles is a common complaint for many of us that occur due to our lifestyle habits like prolonged works in front of computers, stress and tensions, unhealthy diet, genetics, lack of sufficient sleep, over exposure to environmental pollution, etc.
People with dark circles look tired, unhealthy, aged and unattractive. Worrying about it will even worsen the condition as there are many simple and easy remedies for preventing these dark rings. The best one is almond oil which is suggested by many natural Ayurvedic practitioners.
Let’s take a look at almond oil properties which are used for treating dark circles effectively.
- It is a natural emollient that makes the skin soft by balancing the skin’s water levels and thus reduces dark circles caused due to dehydrated skin.
- Natural anti-inflammatory of almonds will soothe the inflamed eye areas and reduces puffy lower eyelids along with dark circles.
- Vitamins K in almond oil aids in functioning of blood clotting proteins and also supports the functioning of Gas6, a protein that regulates the growth and proliferation of cells. So, vitamin K is used to treat dark circles caused due to thin skin with visibility of blood vessels beneath it.
- Vitamin E and monounsaturated fats provide the essential moisture and lighten the skin around the eyes where it is sensitive and delicate.
- It fights against the free radicals effect and thus contract dilated blood vessels to prevent this discoloration.
To get rid of these dark circles with almond oil, you have to follow the below explained 3 potent methods.
Method – 1: (Almond Oil)
Gentle massage with almond oil will improve the circulation and reduces the dark appearance of veins under the eyes.
Steps to be followed…
- Clean your face with mild cleanser and warm water.
- Pat the skin dry with a soft and clean cloth.
- Pour few drops of sweet almond oil into your hands.
- Apply the oil around the eyes at night before bed time.
- Massage it gently in circular motion for few minutes till the oil has been absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse your eyes with cool water in next morning.
- Or else massage the oil in the morning time around the eyes and rinse it off after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat the almond oil massage daily for few days to notice the difference of lightening dark circles.
Method – 2: (Almond Oil with Honey)
Both have natural skin lightening, moisturizing and soothing properties that used for dark circles reduction. This combination will provide you the relief at a faster rate.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine 5 – 7 drops of almond oil in 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- Spread this mix around the eyes and massage gently for a minute or two.
- Let it stay for 30 – 45 minutes or overnight (if applied before bedtime).
- Wash it with lukewarm water and then cool water.
- Continue doing the same process regularly to get relief from dark circles and puffy eyes.
Method – 3: (Almond Oil with Milk Powder)
Lactic acid and potassium in milk helps to moisturize and nourish the skin by restoring the oil and water balance.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine equal quantities of powdered milk and almond oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make it fine paste and clean your eyes.
- Apply this paste on dark rings affected eye areas.
- Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes until it dries completely.
- Rinse the applied area with water and dry it thoroughly.
- Regularly do the same process to prevent the under eye dark or black circles.
Tips and Warnings:
- You can also mix almond oil with other natural ingredients like avocado, lemon, chamomile oil, rose oil, turmeric, aloe vera, vitamin E oil, castor oil, etc. and apply it on dark circles to get rid of the problem.
- Make sure to rinse your eyes with cold water, if almond oil gets into eyes to prevent any irritation or damage to eyes.
- Always use pure, organic almond oil (sweet almond oil) for healing any skin problems, including dark circles.
- Pregnant or nursing women and children should consult their doctor before using almond oil on the skin.
- Include almonds in your daily diet to get rid of dark circles from inside out.
- Some people may experience allergic reaction after using nutty ingredients on their skin and if you’re one among them, then avoid using this oil and follow other natural treatments for dark circles.
Natural remedies will not give overnight results. Have patience and follow it daily to prevent the problem. But don’t forget to share your experience after using these almond oil methods for dark circles with us.
Leave a Reply