Once you turn 50 you are mostly prone to various health problems. Varicose veins can be one such problem that affects your lower body part.
It is generally said that women are likely to suffer from varicose veins. But a recent study proved that both the women and men in U.S are having this problem due to age, obesity, standing or sitting for long time, overweight, pregnancy, hormonal changes, improper lifestyle, poor diet etc.
We all are aware that veins are responsible for carrying blood back to the heart for purification. In case, if the valves are weak or damaged then, the blood gets stored in the veins. This problem results in enlarged and twisted veins called as varicose veins.
There are few common symptoms such as pain, burning, heaviness in the legs, appearance of bluish veins, etc.
However, these veins cannot heal overnight and if left untreated then it might lead to some serious health problem. Though there are various methods of treatment such as medications, surgeries and home remedies. It is better to follow natural home remedies as they are safe and economical. The easiest way to treat varicose veins is by using apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has an astringent property, which shrinks the swollen veins and helps in restoring the plasticity.
In this article, we have mentioned different methods of using ACV to get rid of varicose veins. For best results you can combine consumption of ACV along with some exercises and proper diet.
Benefits of ACV for treating varicose veins:
ACV has various useful properties that are helpful in treating many health problems both externally and internally.
Apple cider vinegar has a special property that helps in cleansing your body to clear all the toxins in the body and purifies the blood.
It is capable of improving the blood flow in the body and reduces the swelling in the veins and heaviness near the veins.
The high amount of amino acids, nutrients, minerals, acetic acid, vitamins, enzymes etc. are essential for healthy growth of body.
The anti-inflammatory property of apple cider vinegar decreases the pain and swelling of the varicose veins.
It also boosts up the blood vessels and tones the skin on the feet to reduce varicose veins.
Method 1: (ACV – External usage)
a) Apple cider vinegar press:
- Take a small cup of apple cider vinegar and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Allow it to soak down completely. Wring it gently to remove the excess liquid.
- Now, take this cotton ball and slightly press it against the veins.
- Then, leave it for few minutes by wrapping it with a towel or piece of cloth.
- For best results, you can keep your feet above the pillow level for about 30 minutes.
- Afterwards rinse them off with water.
- Repeat it till you are completely free from varicose veins.
b) Apple cider vinegar massage
- Pour few drops of apple cider vinegar (either direct or diluted) on your palm.
- Massage gently using your palms and fingers moving in circular motions.
- Now, allow it to rest down for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, you can rinse it off or take a complete shower to get rid of varicose veins.
c) Apple cider vinegar soaks:
- Take a bucket filled with 2 litres of warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ACV to it and stir well.
- Now, soak your feet in this mixture for about 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat it whenever required.
d) Apple cider vinegar wrap:
- Take a long length of cotton cloth and soak it in apple cider vinegar.
- Then, squeeze the cloth and remove excess liquid and wrap it around the affected area.
- Let it rest for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with water.
- You can continue this regularly to obtain relief from varicose veins.
e) Apple cider vinegar with carrot and Aloevera:
- Take half cup of carrot pieces and add 3 tablespoons of aloevera pulp to it.
- Now, blend all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Then, you can add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar to it and blend it properly.
- You can use this mixture as mask and can apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes and then, rinse it off using warm water.
- You can repeat this process whenever required.
f) Apple cider vinegar and witch hazel:
- You can combine 2 teaspoons of ACV and 1 teaspoon of witch hazel to form a paste and rub it on the affected areas to get rid of varicose veins.
- For better results you can repeat its usage.
Method 2: (ACV – Internal usage)
- Take a cup of water and add 2 teaspoons of raw ACV along with 1 teaspoon of organic honey to it.
- Mix it properly and consume this drink prior to meals.
- Regular intake of this will help you to get rid of varicose veins.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered ACV and 1 tablespoon of non-carbonated water.
- Now, consume it two times every day, once after the breakfast and again night after the dinner.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar Mask with Carrot and Aloe Vera)
- Pour pieces of 1/2 a carrot and 3 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp in a blender.
- Blend it properly and then add 1/2 cup of ACV into the blender.
- Again blend it to make a smooth and homogenous cream and apply it on the affected varicose veins as a mask.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Continue doing the same application regularly till you get complete relief from the problem.
Note: Massage the paste upwards to stimulate the blood circulation and rinse with cool water.
Tips and precautions:
- Before beginning with the use of ACV it is better to do a skin patch test. Some people may have sensitive skin and allergy towards ACV.
- If you don’t get any relief by using ACV for more than 1 week then, it is better to consult the doctor and go for proper diagnose.
- It is very important to go for regular massaging and leg exercises to improve the blood circulation in the body.
- Standing or sitting for long period of time can lead to many lower body problems. So, it is advised to take break between works and relax for some time.
- It is always best to use raw, organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar along with the mother for effective results.
- You may find relief soon after using ACV, but remember to continue using this for a week longer for best results.
- Remember overweight is also one of the major reason for varicose veins, because excess weight can put more strain on your legs and leads to such problems. So, it is always important to concentrate on your weight.
- It is better to take cold or lukewarm water to get relief from varicose veins because through this they get shrink and keeps blood flow normal.
- Do not do any heavy exercises like weight lifting, skipping etc. as it may pressurize veins and worsen the condition.
- Avoid wearing high heels, as they put more load on the veins and leads to such conditions.
- Be careful and avoid the foods that lead to constipation. As it puts pressure on your legs and increases the risk.
- There are certain foods to be avoided while you are suffering from varicose veins such as pizza, canned foods, pickles, processed food etc. because they retain the body water. Thus, there is an increased pressure on the veins.
Frequently asked questions:
1. What are the best exercises for varicose veins?
Well, varicose veins are related to legs so it is recommended to perform some easy and light workout. The exercises may be like squats, crunches, sit ups, etc.
2. Can running cause severe problem with veins?
No, it is a common misunderstanding among people that running leads to varicose veins. Instead running improves the blood circulation in the legs and is beneficial for maintaining good health.
3. How to prevent varicose veins?
To prevent varicose veins it is necessary to follow proper exercise and maintain healthy legs. A healthy diet and weight management are keys to prevent any kind of health problems including varicose veins.
4. Are varicose veins hereditary?
No, varicose veins are formed due to various major factors such as improper diet, lack of exercise, heavy body weight etc. Varicose veins can be observed in any person irrespective of age.
5. What vitamins are good for varicose veins?
Vitamin B is very good in treating varicose veins as it has vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folic acid, thiamine etc.
Varicose veins are painful and cannot go away on their own so, it is safer to follow the methods mentioned above. All the methods are tested and proved to be safe.
If you have followed any of the above methods then, kindly share your experience in the comment section.
If you have any queries you can write to us in the comment section below. Our team of experts will clarify them as soon as possible.