Varicose veins – These are swollen and gnarled veins which are commonly appeared in the legs and feet. They are quite different from spider veins, as spider veins appear due to high blood pressure and occur in any part of the body where as varicose veins occurs in the lower body parts.
Veins are generally responsible for getting back the blood to the heart for recirculation. The veins in the legs will travel upwards (against the gravity) towards the heart through valves and you will get this varicose veins problem on whenever the valves are damaged or missing.
So, the blood flows backwards and thus accumulates in the veins, causing a lot of swelling. A person who are standing or sitting for too long will experience this swelling higher than normal one.
Age, overweight or obesity, prolonged hours of standing or sitting, genetics, pregnancy, certain medications, hormonal changes, constipation, improper lifestyle habits, poor diet, etc. are some triggers of these varicose veins.
Pain, restlessness, a feel of tingling, throbbing, burning or heaviness in the legs, fatigue, appearance of dark bluish purple veins on the skin, etc. are some symptoms of these varicose veins.
However these varicose veins are not harmful or dangerous health problem but they make you unsightly and uncomfortable till the problem heals completely.
There are many natural remedies that help you in reducing the severity of varicose veins along with its symptoms in a safe and effective manner.
In this article, we will discuss how to treat these varicose veins by using an amazing natural ingredient called apple cider vinegar (ACV).
Let’s get started…
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar treat Varicose Veins?
ACV is a powerhouse of many essential ingredients that help you in treating many health and skin problems, including varicose veins.
- Apple cider vinegar acts as natural body cleansing ingredient that cleanse your body to clear all the impurities and thereby help veins to flow properly.
- It effectively improves blood flow and its circulation all over the body to reduce the heaviness and swelling and thereby clears bulging veins
- It has anti-inflammatory property that decrease the pain and swelling on the affected varicose veins to a great extent.
- It is enriched with vitamins (A, B & C), amino acids, certain enzymes, minerals, acetic acids, etc. which are essential for daily requirements of bodily functioning.
- It boosts up the blood vessel and tones the skin on the feet to reduce these varicose veins.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Varicose Veins?
There are many ways of using ACV for treating varicose veins but here we will discuss the best 3 methods of using ACV to reduce varicose veins.
Method – 1: (ACV – Internal Intake)
- Mix 2 teaspoons of raw ACV and 1 teaspoon of organic honey in 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and drink it once before meals.
- Regular intake will definitely help you in treating varicose veins.
Note: Or mix 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered ACV in 1 tablespoon of non-carbonated water. Consume it twice daily – once in the morning after breakfast and at night before bedtime.
Method – 2: (ACV – External Application)
Here are some ways of applying ACV on the affected areas of the leg to get rid of varicose veins.
- Soak a cotton ball or gauze in organic vinegar and dab it on the extended veins. Leave it on for few minutes by securing it with a towel or cloth. For best results, keep your feet above the level of bed pillow for about 30 minutes and rinse your legs. Do it regularly till you get rid of the problem.
- Massage the affected areas of the feet with ACV (direct or diluted) gently in circular motions for few minutes before taking your shower will help to reduce this effect on the skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV in 1 liter of warm water and stir well. Soak your affected feet in this water for 20 – 30 minutes (or) simply take ACV bath to reduce the pain and relax your legs.
- Soak a clean cloth in ACV and use it to wrap around the affected area. Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse off with water. Continue this twice daily till you get relief from varicose veins.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar Mask with Carrot and Aloe Vera)
- Pour pieces of 1/2 a carrot and 3 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp in a blender.
- Blend it properly and then add 1/2 cup of ACV into the blender.
- Again blend it to make a smooth and homogenous cream and apply it on the affected varicose veins as a mask.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Continue doing the same application regularly till you get complete relief from the problem.
Note: Massage the paste upwards to stimulate the blood circulation and rinse with cool water.
Tips and Precautions:
- Most people find relief from varicose veins after few times of using ACV but using it on regular basis will provide you successful outcomes.
- If you didn’t find any relief from varicose veins then consult your doctor immediately for proper diagnose and treatment.
- If you’re using ACV for the first time, then you have to do some skin patch test to know if it is causing any allergic reaction or burning sensation or rashes (seen in sensitive skin people) before using it.
- Always use raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the mother content for best and effective results.
- Regular exercise and massaging of the legs will help you to improve proper blood circulation throughout the body.
- Excess weight will definitely put more strain on the legs and thereby leads to varicose veins. So, put an eye on your weight and control it to prevent it.
- Sitting or standing too long will definitely cause many health problems. So, walk or take rest for a while and then continue with your work for a healthy living.
- Wear compressive stockings and consume healthy diet to prevent this condition.
- Simply combine witch hazel and ACV in a bowl and use this mix to rub on the affected varicose veins area in circular motions. Do it once daily for 2 weeks to notice improvements.
There is no scientific evidence that proves ACV is effective in treating varicose veins but many people and experts are saying that it relieves your pain and swelling caused by varicose veins.
Did you try any of these ACV methods for varicose veins? Share your experience with us in the below comments box.