Sore throat is not a serious health problem but it serves as a major warning signal that you’re about to hit with cold, flu, cough or strep throat by affecting your throat initially. Apart from these, dry air, allergies, environmental pollutants, excessive usage of throat, etc. can also cause sore throat.
It can attack the people of any age during the cold seasons. However there are lots of over the counter medications that treat aching throats but the usage of natural remedies at home will give long lasting results without any side effects.
Apple cider vinegar is a surefire natural remedy for sore throat. It has multitude of properties that make it as an excellent remedy for many health and skin problems. Now you’re about to know how apple cider vinegar relieves the pain, tightness and burning sensation in the throat.
- It acts as a natural expectorant that loosens and thins the phlegm in the throat which in turn makes you easier to breathe and swallow.
- It has antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that fight against the infections causing sore throat.
- It is acidic in nature and thus provides an acidic coating on the throat in which the germs can’t survive in that situation.
- It balances the pH levels of the throat tissues as per our body needs to cure the soreness in your throat. It also cut down the phlegm from the throat and clears the mucus to reduce soreness.
- Raw cider vinegar has prebiotic inulin that increases the number of white blood cells and T cells which further used to boost up the immune system.
After knowing the properties, hope you’re having curious to try the cider vinegar for sore throat. So, here we are presenting you the 3 best and proved apple cider vinegar remedies for treating sore throat along with its symptoms.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic with Honey)
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the throat and honey soothes the irritated throat tissues. This combination gives an effective and quick relief from the problem.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1 tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey in 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir it well and sip it slowly while it is warm.
- Drinking this tonic for 3 – 4 times a day on regular basis will cure soreness in throat within 2 – 3 days.
- Or combine 1/4 cup each of organic apple cider vinegar and raw honey in a bowl. Consume 1 tablespoon of this mix for every four hours until you cleared the problem.
- Alternatively, stir 1 – 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of warm water and sip it gradually for 2 – 3 times daily till you cleared the soreness in throat.
- Or add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in this honey – vinegar tonic and sip it slowly.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar Gargle)
Salt used in this process clears the mucus membrane and this gargle will flush out the toxins or infections causing aching throat.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 glass of warm water.
- Stir well and pour this mix in your mouth and start gargling for few minutes.
- Be sure to spit out the mix after gargle.
- Do the same process for several times a day till you get rid of sore throat caused due to bad cough.
- Or prepare a gargle mix by adding 3/8 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon sage, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon alum in 1/8 cup of water and gargle to get rid of aching throat and eases swollen or painful nasal passages.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1/2 cup of warm water and use this mix to gargle for once in 2 hours. You can also swallow the gargle after completing 3 times. Mix the gargle as strong as you want.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon each of apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper and 3 tablespoons of clover honey in a glass of warm water. Gargle as often as possible to clear the aching in your throat.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger, Cayenne Pepper and Honey)
This is another effective remedy as all these ingredients are best for treating sore throat caused due to bacterial or viral infections.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2 tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar, honey and water in a glass jar.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and ginger paste in it.
- Stir it well and leave it for few minutes.
- Consume this mix to soothe the throat and refrigerate the remaining mix.
- Repeat the same whenever you suffer from sore throat.
Tips and Warnings:
- Always use raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with mother in it, for curing any health problem including sore throat.
- Be sure to drink water after each gargle to remove the vinegar for preventing the damage caused to teeth and tongue.
- Try a small swallow of apple cider vinegar (without mixing with anything) and if you didn’t observe any side effects, then continue to sip straight vinegar solution for 3 – 4 times a day. Drink water to flush out the system after each dose.
- Other than using apple cider vinegar, you have to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet along with hot teas, coffee, soups during the season, etc. can stop the recurrence of sore throat.
That’s all for now. Start using these apple cider vinegar methods and let me know which one works well in treating your problem.