Love to wear sleeveless tops, strapless gowns, and spaghettis, but the dark underarms are holding you back without wearing those favorite outfit.
Stop suffering in silence and start taking care of your underarms to maintain it clean and bright. In general, the dark discoloration is not a serious health problem, as it caused due to shaving, accumulation of dead cells and dirt, hormonal imbalance, insulin, excessive sweating, improper ventilation, usage of certain medications or deodorants, etc.
Instead of using commercial skin care products to lighten your dark underarms, you can simply try some natural remedies for treating dark underarms.
Here we discuss an amazing natural ingredient popularly known as Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for clearing your dark underarms without any side effects.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar work to Lighten Dark Underarms?
- Apple cider vinegar has rich content of amino acids, lactic acid, malic acid and alpha hydroxy acids that help to exfoliate the skin, clears dead skin cells, dissolves the fat deposits in the skin and lessens the scars.
- The antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of ACV will kill the bacteria causing body odor and clears dirt, excess oil and other impurities causing dark discoloration on the skin.
- It has astringent property will tighten the skin pores and unclogs it to reduce the darkness of the skin.
- It helps to restore the skin’s pH balance which in turn helps to prevent excessive dryness or oiliness.
- It smoothes the armpit area and reduces the chicken – skin texture.
Best Ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar to lighten your Dark Underarms:
Have a look at these apple cider vinegar methods and try them until you get complete relief from these dark armpits.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar alone is an effective remedy for treating dark armpits and smelly underarms, as it works as a natural deodorant as well.
- Pour some raw, organic apple cider vinegar in a cotton pad.
- Apply this vinegar directly on over clean armpits areas.
- Leave it like that without washing and wear your clothes as usual after drying this ACV.
- Repeat it daily for best and quick results.
Method – 2: (Armpit Scrub using ACV)
The combination of baking soda and cider vinegar will exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells, toxins, oiliness, which contribute to this dark discoloration and thereby lightens the skin gradually.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of baking soda and ACV in a bowl.
- It starts to fizz and when once this fizzing stops, you can apply this paste on your armpits.
- Scrub it gently for few minutes and take your bath to clean the area.
- Repeat this armpit scrub daily for few days to enjoy the light and even tone armpits.
Note: Or simply apply the baking soda – ACV mix on the clean underarms and rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. Dry the area and repeat it daily.
Method – 3: (Underarm Mask with ACV)
There are many underarm whitening masks using apple cider vinegar but here we mentioned the best methods to whiten your dark underarms.
- Turmeric lightens the skin with its exfoliating and skin lightening property. Add a little turmeric powder in 1 teaspoon of ACV and stir well. Apply it as a mask on your dark underarms with the help of a cotton ball. Rinse off with water after 10 – 15 minutes and do it daily (before the shower) to get rid of dark underarms.
- Chickpea flour removes excess oil from the skin pores and prevent clogging and thereby discoloration. Mix cider vinegar and chickpea flour till they form a fine paste. Spread this paste as a mask on the armpits and wash it with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. Dry the skin and do it thrice a week.
- Clay mask will effectively remove the dirt, dead cells, tanning and make the skin feel fresh and brighter. Stir 1 tablespoon each of bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar, and water to make a fine paste. Spread this paste on the clean armpit skin and rinse with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. Dry it and repeat daily.
Method – 4: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Water)
When you’re in a hurry (no free time), this is the simple way to get relief from the dark armpits. Here the water will reduce the acidic nature of ACV and it is the best remedy widely used by the people with dry or sensitive skin.
- Mix 2 – 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
- Stir well and use this water to rinse your underarms.
- Wait for 5 minutes and take your shower (or bath).
- Do it daily until you get rid of dark and smelly armpits.
- Or dilute ACV with an equal amount of water and soak a cotton pad in this mixture to apply it on the armpits. Rinse off with lukewarm water after 10 – 15 minutes to reduce dark patches and soften the skin (prefer to apply it on the underarm skin after your shower).
- Also, apple cider vinegar bath will help to brighten up your dark underarms. Pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in your bathtub filled with warm water. Stir and get into it and soak for at least 10 minutes. Continue taking this apple cider vinegar bath regularly for thrice a week.
Method – 5: (Underarm Spray using ACV)
This process will tone up your underarms and thereby lighten your dark armpits. Rose water will soothe the skin and the combination of ACV with rose water will clear the dead cells and dark discoloration of the skin.
- Add few drops of Lavender essential oil and 3 – 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1/2 cup of rose water.
- Stir well and pour this mix into an empty spray bottle.
- Spray it on the underarms before bedtime and leave it for overnight.
- Or simply use it as your toner to underarms.
- Make sure to shake the bottle before every use for best results.
Method – 6: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Rice Flour)
The rice flour mixed with apple cider vinegar will work effectively in eliminating the bacteria and its growth to get rid of smelly and dark underarms.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 tablespoon of rice flour.
- Stir it to make a fine paste and apply it on your armpits after taking shower with hot water.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Continue doing the process regularly for 3 times a week to get rid of dark armpits.
Method – 7: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil lightens your dark underarms with its rich content of antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, saturated fatty acids and vitamin E that helps to nourish the skin and lightens your dark armpits.
- Mix equal quantities (2 tablespoons) each of melted coconut oil and ACV in a small bowl.
- Spread this mix on your clean underarm skin and wait for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Finally, wash the area with lukewarm water followed by cool water.
- Dry the skin and repeat the same process once daily to achieve lighter underarms with an even skin tone.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always use organic, raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar that has the mother content to grab best benefits.
- Apply a sunblock or sunscreen while stepping out in the sun, as this ACV increases the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight.
- If you’re first time user of this cider vinegar then make sure to perform a skin patch test to find out if you’re allergic to this vinegar.
- Avoid using harsh chemical based antiperspirants and deodorants and instead, you can use some natural deodorants.
- Wear loose cotton and other fabrics that absorb your sweet, as tight clothing causes friction and thereby darkens the area.
- Make sure to exfoliate the skin while you’re going for a shower to remove dead cells and other impurities causing this dark color to your armpits.
- Prefer waxing rather than shaving or using hair removal creams, which helps to remove dead cells, tan and other impurities on the skin.
Try these apple cider vinegar methods to lighten your dark underarms. Do you know any other successful cider vinegar methods for dark underarms? Then share it with us in the below comments box.