Abdominal bloating occurs when there is a gas buildup in the intestines and thus makes your stomach feels full and tight. This embarrassing condition can make the stomach swollen and uncomfortable.
In certain cases, it can be accompanied by other problems like belching, stomach cramps, pain, difficulty in breathing and lower back pain. Overeating or eating too fast, water retention, indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome or constipation, chewing gums, stress and over growth of bacteria in the small intestines are some of the causes of bloating.
You can prevent bloating by simply making small changes to your diet, lifestyle and taking probiotics to reduce the bacterial overgrowth.
To get quick relief from bloating, you can take apple cider vinegar. In this article let’s know the benefits of apple cider vinegar in providing relief from bloating.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Treat Bloating?
- It is acidic in nature that provides the essential acid content for proper digestion and relieves you from intestinal discomfort.
- The acid slows down the digestion of starch which breaks down into sugars and thus helps to control the blood sugar levels after meals.
- It works as a detox that helps to break down the fats and thus enhances the regular bowel movements.
- Acetic, lactic, isobutyric and propionic acids in apple cider vinegar control the growth of unwanted bacteria and yeast in the stomach.
- It balances the pH levels of the intestine and body to get proper digestion by balancing the acid and alkaline levels and thereby clears the intestinal problems.
- It helps the body to break the fats into readily usable form rather than storing form. It is also rich in minerals and potassium that promotes the cellular cleansing and thus break down the food.
Want to know how to use apple cider vinegar for bloating? Here are the best of 4 apple cider vinegar methods that cure your bloating problem and its symptoms.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger)
Ginger relieves pressure of bloating by passing gas through the digestive system. This combination boosts for better digestion and regularizes the bowel movements to prevent bloating.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 4 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger and 10 drops of liquid stevia (or honey) in a bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water (prefer lukewarm water) and shake it well to mix all these ingredients.
- Drink 1 glass of this mix after meals to get rid of bloating and gas.
- Regular intake of this mix whenever you feel bloated will give relief from the problem.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Diluted apple cider vinegar is very effective in relieving the gas and bloating problems.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 1 glass of cool water.
- Stir well and drink it to get relief from indigestion and thereby bloating.
- Or add a little of honey in this mix and have it to get rid of the problem.
- Repeat drinking this cider vinegar water whenever you suffer from bloating.
- Mix 2 – 5 tablespoons of vinegar with 16 oz of water in a water bottle. Stir well and have small sips all the day to ease digestion and prevent the recurrence of bloating.
- Or mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of herbal teas, fruit or vegetable juices, healthy smoothies, etc. Drink it 30 minutes prior to eating to get rid of bloating.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic)
This tonic is used to cure bloating, its inflammation and digestive discomforts. It is a digestive aid and immune booster that makes it as an amazing food based powerhouse.
Steps to be followed for preparing the tonic…
- Make a juice of 1/4th piece of red onion and 4 inches of fresh ginger root in a juicer.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Stir it well by adding the juice of 1 lemon and lime along with a grated mix of 1-inch ginger root and 2 garlic cloves.
Mix to make it ACV tonic for bloating, gas and indigestion.
- Combine 1/2 tablespoon of this tonic to 1 tablespoon of water and consume it to get rid of the problem.
- Store the remaining tonic in refrigerator to use it for future purpose.
- When you’re suffering from bloating or indigestion then consume this homemade apple cider vinegar tonic to get complete relief from the problem.
Method – 4: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda)
Baking soda acts as an antacid that mix with hydrochloric acid and increases the carbon dioxide that encourages you to the burping action.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water.
- Stir it well and drink it to get relief from gas and bloating.
- Regular consumption for 2 – 3 times a day will definitely relieve your problem.
Tips and Precautions:
- Consuming apple cider vinegar alone will not cure your problem but you have to follow a healthy diet, avoid greasy fast food, stay hydrated, avoid salty and sugary foods, eat slowly and in small amounts, quit smoking, etc.
- Always use raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has the mother in it why because it contains enzymes made up of living bacteria and nutrients.
- Cider vinegar can interact with certain medications so, it’s better to consult your doctor before using apple cider vinegar as your bloating remedy.
- Consuming apple cider vinegar for a longer time can affect the potassium levels and thus interfere with healthy bone density.
- Bloating is not a serious health problem but if it is chronic then consult your doctor to get proper treatment and thereby relief from the problem.
That’s all for now about Apple Cider Vinegar for Bloating. Hope you liked the article and will give a trial to these methods. Feel free to share your experience with us.
Leave a Reply