Acne is one of the greatest problems for most of the youngsters, as it hinders their self – confidence and makes them low in the beauty regimens. According to American Academy of Dermatology, more than 50 million people are affected with this inflammatory skin problem. Pimples are one of the biggest forms of acne affecting people.
Skip the usage of chemical based cosmetic products which causes side effects and damages the skin and switch to homemade natural remedies for healthy and acne free skin which boosts confidence and makes one to stand out in crowd.
Turmeric is one of the best remedies which not only used to flavor recipes but also used to treat many health and skin problems including acne or pimples.
- The most important compound called curcumin in turmeric exhibits anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that inhibit P. acnes bacteria along with inflammation.
- It has antioxidant property that removes free radicals to clear acne along with its breakouts.
- Turmeric, if used regularly reduces the irritation and redness caused due to the inflammation with its soothing property.
Now in this article, we are going to know about 3 effective face masks for curing acne.
Method – 1: (Turmeric Paste with Honey and Milk)
Honey has natural antibiotic, antioxidant and soothing properties that help a lot in curing acne / pimples along with its symptoms. Milk provides the essential moisturizer to the body. This combination helps to prevent skin breakouts.
Steps to be followed…
- Cleanse your face and neck with mild soap and warm water. Pat the skin dry with soft towel.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and honey in a bowl.
- Mix it well by adding 2 teaspoons of milk till it forms fine thin paste.
- Spread this paste on the face and neck as face mask by using a makeup brush.
- Leave it on for few minutes till the mask gets dried completely.
- Then wash it off with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- To remove the yellow tinge on skin, soak a cotton ball in milk and rub it on the applied areas.
- Or use yogurt instead of milk to grab the same benefits.
- Or add some coconut oil in the above mix which helps to maintain younger looking skin along with fading scars and blemishes on skin.
- Follow the mask regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Method – 2: (Turmeric with Sandalwood and Rosewater)
Sandalwood powder soothes the inflamed skin and rosewater provides essential moisturizer to the skin. Turmeric clears the acne causing bacteria. So, this combination is very effective in treating pimples on skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Steam your face to open up the pores and air dries the skin.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of organic turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder in a bowl.
- Stir it by adding enough of rosewater in the bowl.
- Mix it well till it forms a fine thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the acne affected skin areas like a pack.
- Let it dry for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse it off with cool water.
- Dry the skin and repeat the same process daily to get quick cooling relief from acne.
- Or use milk or yogurt instead of rosewater in the above process.
Method – 3: (Turmeric with Neem)
Neem (or Indian Lilac) helps the skin to keep healthy and flawless with its antioxidant, antiseptic and other healing properties. Other ingredients like Yogurt have lactic acid that clears the dead skin cells and balances the skin’s pH levels to prevent blemishes and scars. Lemon used in this process has antibacterial property to help in preventing pimples on skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Dry roast handful of neem leaves for few minutes either on stove or in microwave.
- Place these leaves in grinder and grind it into fine powder.
- Or simply use 1 tablespoon of normal neem powder without grinding the leaves.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of neem powder and 1 – 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Now add enough of yogurt and squeeze half a lemon in that bowl.
- Stir thoroughly to make it thick paste and your turmeric face mask is ready to use.
- Apply this paste on the face and neck as a face mask.
- Wait for about 20 – 30 minutes and rinse it with water.
- Repeat the same process for once or twice a week on regular basis.
Do’s and Don’ts
Here are some additional tips that have to be followed for clearing and maintaining acne – free skin.
- Be sure that your skin should be free from any cosmetics, creams or lotions before applying these face masks.
- Turmeric may cause stains on skin and clothes, so to get rid of this yellow stain, apply some cold milk on the skin for about 5 minutes and rinse it off.
- Resist picking or squeezing the acne or pimples, as it causes irritation, inflammation along with forming scars on the skin.
- Include turmeric in your daily diet like drinking turmeric milk, used in curries, rice items, etc. to get relief from inside out.
This is all about Turmeric on Acne. Hope you liked the turmeric face masks, so go ahead and use this as your beauty weapon against acne but don’t forget to share your experience with us.