Straight, smooth and gorgeous hair will enhance one’s beauty. Straight hair always a fashion trend that suits for any face type, as it can be worn free flowing or styled in numerous ways.
Most women who don’t have a natural straight hair are spending money in spas or salons for their hair straightening and also use cosmetic hair straightening products, which may cause damage to your hair (dryness, flaky hair, allergies, itching, hair loss) in the longer run.
Do you wish to have a straight hair without any damage to the hair follicles? Then try these natural home remedies which give effective but not immediate results. Regular follow – up of these remedies for 2 – 3 times a week will help to get straight hair.
Home Remedies for Straight Hair:
Here are the best natural remedies that help you to get straight hair. Let’s get started these remedies at home to get natural hair straighter.
Remedy – 1: (Hot Oil Treatment)
Application of hot oil regularly on your hair is the easy and the best way of grabbing straight hair. It will saturate deep into the hair follicles to make it smooth and well hydrated. The heat obtained from this warm oil will relax the curly patterns of the hair.
- Warm the oil (almond or coconut or sesame oil) slightly for few seconds.
- Apply it on the hair and scalp by massaging gently for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then after, comb your hair thoroughly and wrap it with a hot towel for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair with a mild shampoo and comb your hair while it is slightly wet.
- Air dry your hair and repeat the same process regularly to get straight hair.
Remedy – 2: (Coconut Milk)
Coconut milk has an excellent moisturizing property that adds shine and luster to your hair. it has antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that keep your hair and scalp infection – free.
- Mix juice of 1 lemon freshly into 1 cup of freshly extracted coconut milk.
- Stir well and refrigerate the mix for few hours till there is a creamy layer on the top.
- Apply this mix on the hair and scalp and massage gently.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and warm moist towel around the shower cap.
- Rinse it off after 30 minutes with shampoo and conditioner.
- Comb your hair while it is still wet and air dry your hair.
- Continue this process regularly till you achieved a natural straight hair.
Remedy – 3: (Castor Oil)
Castor oil moisturizes and nourishes your hair to prevent frizzing. It conditions the hair and fights against scalp infections with its antimicrobial properties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of soybean oil in 2 tablespoons of castor oil and warm the mix slightly.
- Apply it on the scalp and hair and massage gently for few minutes for the oil to penetrate into the hair.
- Rinse off after 30 minutes with your shampoo and comb it while the hair is still wet.
- Finally, dry your hair and repeat the same regularly to get smooth and straight hair.
Remedy – 4: (Milk)
Milk has an excellent moisturizing property that straightens the hair without damaging it. The proteins in the milk will make the hair shafts smooth and frizz free.
- Mix 1/2 cup each of milk and water and store this mix into an empty spray bottle.
- Comb your hair to remove hair tangles and then spray the mix all over the hair.
- Comb it again and wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner after 30 – 45 minutes.
Note: Or mix 3 – 4 mashed strawberries and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in 1 cup of milk. Stir well and apply it all over the hair and wrap the hair using a towel for 2 – 3 hours and rinse off.
Remedy – 5: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera is enriched with water, enzymes and amino acids that make your hair smooth and soft. It penetrates easily into your hair strands and keeps it well moisturized and straighten your hair.
- Mix 1/2 cup each of warm olive oil and aloe vera gel along with 4 – 6 drops each of sandalwood oil and rosemary oil.
- Apply the mix onto your hair and scalp by massaging it gently.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and rinse off with 1 – 2 hours.
Tips and Precautions:
- Also, mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil in 2 well-beaten eggs and apply it on the hair and scalp. Comb your hair and wear a shower cap. Rinse off after 30 – 45 minutes to get straight hair.
- Fuller’s earth has a mild cleansing property that prevents frizzy hair without damaging it. Mix 1 egg white, a little water and 2 tablespoons of rice flour in 1 cup of fuller’s earth to make a paste. Apply it on the hair and comb it. Rinse off after an hour and spray milk on hair. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has natural pH levels and promotes hair straightening. Mix 1 – 2 tablespoons of ACV in 1 cup of water and use it as a final rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Beer has proteins and vitamins along with it acts as a cleansing and shine agent that softens your hair. Boil 1 cup of beer in a pan till it reduces to half and then mix this cooled beer with 1 cup of regular shampoo. Rinse your hair with this shampoo to grab smooth and straight hair.
- Spray the celery juice on all over your hair and scalp. Comb your hair and massage it gently. Cover your head with a shower cap and rinse off with mild shampoo and conditioner after 30 minutes.
- Also, mix 2 tablespoons each of plain yogurt, olive oil, and honey to 2 ripe bananas to make it a paste. Apply it on your hair and cover it with a shower cap. Rinse off after 30 minutes.
- Regular application of shampoo and conditioner will make your hair frizz free and also to straighten your hair. Also, follow some hair care hygiene to maintain the straight hair.
This is all about Natural Ways to Straighten your Hair. Do you know any other natural remedies used for hair straightening? Then share it with us in the below comments box.