Snoring is a sleep centrist disorder which is caused by the obstruction in the free passage of air while breathing. It causes hoarse or harsh sound and occurs during your sleep, the muscles / tissues in your mouth get relaxed. At that time, the tongue falls back and this obstructs the passage of air which leads to snoring and creates those irritating sounds.
It can lead to any heart problem, increases the blood pressure, etc. To prevent this snoring problem, follow the below remedies.
Home Remedies for Snoring:
Snoring is a common sleep related problem but it can create real problems in your relationship. So, try these homemade remedies to get rid of the problem and also to have a long lasting relationship.
1 Change your Position while Sleeping
Lying on your back on the bed makes the base of your tongue and soft palate will collapse to the back wall of your throat. This will cause a vibrating sound during your sleep. So, sleep on your side which helps to prevent this problem. Try a body pillow (a pillow of full length to support your entire body) as this will helps to maintain sleep on your side and reduces the snoring. Tip to stop your sleeping on your back is to tape the tennis ball to the back of your shirt or pajamas.
2 By Elevating Your Head
Raise your head while sleeping on the bed by up to 4 – 6 inches. This makes your head and chest to elevate and stops snoring. You can also lift the top end of your bed by sticking block underneath and also lie on the simply put two additional pillows or special wedge pillows designed to sleep which helps to open up nasal airway passages for better sleeping and to control snoring.
3 Weight Lose
Weight is also one of the most common causes for snoring but not for everyone. Just check whether you have gained weight recently or not. If yes means, check whether you are snoring while sleeping at bed time or not and come to confirmation. As if you gain weight means you have a chance to gain weight around your neck and it will squeeze the internal diameter of the throat making it to collapse while you’re sleeping and making you to snore. So, lose your weight as soon as possible by doing some exercises to get rid of this problem.
4 Practice Good Sleep Hygiene
Dust which is accumulates on the pillows and bed sheet will also contribute to snoring. So, change your pillows and bed sheet at once in a week to get hygienic sleep. Once in every couple of weeks, put your pillows in air fluff cycle and try to replace the pillows at least for 8 months to 1 year to keep away the dust and other allergies away from you. Also avoid pets to sleep on your bed which causes a breathing problem and increases the snoring.
5 Have the Enough Sleep
Another main reason for snoring is working more hours without enough sleep so that you will get overtired. This makes you sleep hard and deep where the muscles become floppier to create snoring. So, take enough rest after your work to get pleasant sleep without snoring.
Tips to Reduce Snoring:
Tips are also effective in treating the problem. So, follow these tips to reduce the snoring problem.
- Avoid alcohols, sleeping pills and sedatives which will reduce the resting tone of the muscles in the back of your throat and makes you’re snoring worse. and also quit smoking as smoking stops the airways by irritating the membrane in your throat and nose.
- Exercising your body will reduce the snoring and makes you fit. So, do some regular exercises every day.
- Sleeping in regular schedule will definitely helps to reduce the snoring problem as it makes you sleep better and also relaxed sleep.
- Snoring in pregnant women begins because of their weight gain or due to any hormonal changes. Whatever reason it is, that’s not good for both (mother and baby) so, consult doctor to prevent it.
- Dinner followed by mouthwash with salt content also helps to make your nasal passage free from dirt or impurities. The unobstructed air ways will definitely helps to control the snoring problem.
- Even sinus can cause snoring so, consult the doctor to take the medications to get relief from the sinus and snoring.
Changes in your Lifestyle, diet plan will definitely helps to get rid of this problem. There are many over the counter medications which reduce the snoring problem. Take this as a serious problem because it damage your relationship with your partner and also damages your health as it leads to sleep apnea, which is a chronic disease that disrupts your sleep. Consult doctor to take the advice and medications to get rid of this problem.