A woman with a moustache, how embarrassing it is! Upper lip hair is a quite annoying to women, as it drains the self – esteem and mar their smooth feminine features.
Hirsutism (abnormal increase in androgen hormone in women’s body), ethnicity (racial background), hormonal imbalance, genetics, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), certain medications, crushing syndrome (result in the rise of the cortisol levels), etc. are some of the causes for this upper lip hair.
Rather than opting for exorbitant cosmetic treatments which might result in some side effects. Then what’s the solution for this problem? Stop worrying; there are many natural remedies that work well in removing the upper lip hair.
Home Remedies for Upper Lip Hair Removal:
Wondering what are those natural remedies? Then have a look at the below-mentioned home remedies and follow them regularly to get a permanent removal of upper lip hair.
Method – 1: (Turmeric and Milk)
Turmeric tightens the skin and when we scrub, it removes the hair from its roots. Milk has lactic acid that exfoliates the skin and also moisturizes it. This application will discourage the hair growth and thus gradually prevents upper lip hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of turmeric powder and milk in a bowl till it forms a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the upper lip area and massage it gently for a couple minutes using your fingers.
- Let it sit for few minutes till it dries and then start scrubbing the paste applied areas.
- Scrub the area gently and rinse off with cold water.
- Dry the skin and repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from the problem.
- Or use water instead of milk to grab the same benefits of removing upper lip hair.
- Also, add some flour, milk, and turmeric to make a thick paste. Apply it on the upper lip area and peel it off after it dries to remove the upper lip hair.
- Or else mix 1/2 teaspoon of corn flour in 1 cup of milk and apply it on the upper lip area as a pack. Peel off the mask after 20 – 30 minutes. repeat it regularly to reduce the upper lip hair.
Method – 2: (Egg Whites)
The combination of egg white, sugar and corn flour will peel off the facial hair (especially upper lip hair) and other impurities from the skin.
- Separate an egg white from 1 egg and place it in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour in the egg white mix.
- Stir well and apply this paste on the upper lip region.
- Wait for few minutes till the applied paste dries off on the face.
- Now peel off the mask to remove the upper lip hair and to see permanent results, continue doing the same process for 3 – 4 times a week.
Method – 3: (Sugar with Lemon)
Sugar is used for waxing purpose that effectively removes the unwanted hair along with preventing its growth. Lemon exfoliates the skin, removes fine hair and lightens the skin. So, this combination is very effective in removing upper lip hair.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons into a bowl.
- Then add some sugar and water in the bowl and stir well to make a thin paste.
- Apply this paste on the upper lip and rinse off after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat the process regularly till you get complete relief from upper lip hair.
- Or place 2 tablespoons each of fresh lemon juice and water and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Heat it until the sugar dissolves and all these are mixed properly. Turn off the heat and use it as your sugar wax to remove the upper lip hair.
- Also, simply pour some sugar (or brown sugar) in a pan and heat it for a minute and then add lemon juice. Stir well to make a thick liquid and cool down the mix. Apply it on your upper lip area and rub it gently in circular motions using a piece of cloth. Pull it off in opposite direction of your hair growth.
Method – 4: (Chana Dal Flour)
Gram Flour (or Chana dal flour or chickpea flour) exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells and rips off the unwanted hair effectively.
- Add 1 tablespoon of gram flour and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Stir well by adding enough of milk (or water or rose water or plain yogurt or fresh cream) to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the upper lip and leave till it dries.
- Then wet your hand fingers and scrub the upper lip area in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Repeat the same process regularly for few times a week to get rid of upper lip hair.
Note: Or simply mix equal quantities of gram flour, yogurt and turmeric powder to make a paste. Massage the upper lip with this paste and rub the area gently after 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off.
Method – 5: (Sugar Waxing)
It is a most popular hair removal treatment that is widely used in beauty parlors. You can also make this waxing process at home without spending much time, cost or pain. Here the process.
- Place 4 chamomile tea bags in a saucepan and pour enough water in it.
- Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Let the tea bags steep for 30 – 40 minutes and discard the tea bags.
- Then pour 1/2 cup of chamomile tea in a saucepan and add 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and some sugar in it.
- Stir well and let it boil for a couple of minutes till the color turns to bit darker.
- Now turn off the heat and transfer the mix to a bowl to cool down.
- Then use this mix as your wax by spreading it on the upper lip area using a popsicle stick.
- Place a waxing strip on it and hold it for few seconds and pull it off in the opposite direction of your hair growth.
- Continue doing the same process regularly once or twice a month to get complete relief from the upper lip hair by lessening your hair growth and damaging the hair follicles.
Tips and Precautions:
- Threading is a temporary way done in a salon to remove your upper lip hair that lasts for 10 – 15 days. Twist a loop of thread under the upper lip and uproot the hair. You can also use tweezers to pull off the facial hair.
- Some people use scissors to cut the fine unwanted upper lip hair but this process is quite daunting.
- Also, avoid shaving your facial hair, as it removes the hair but makes it stubble and damages your beautiful face.
- Simply rub the potato slice all over the upper lips at night before bedtime and rinse off in the morning. Do it daily to notice lesser hair growth.
- Red split lentils is an age old remedy for clearing upper lip hair. Mix 1 tablespoon of red split lentil in enough of milk and apply it directly on the upper lip area. Scrub the area after it dries and then rinse it off.
- Other than using these remedies, you have to drink more of water, consume a healthy diet, get enough of a sound sleep and relieve your stress levels to balance your hormones.
- Never ever overdo the upper lip hair removal procedures, as it causes irritation, redness and swelling to the upper lip area.
- Consult your doctor if you find any increase in your facial hair growth that accompanied with masculine features.
Try these simple home remedies to remove your upper lip hair naturally. Do you know any other remedies for removing upper lip hair? Then share it with us in the below comments box.