No one likes scars on their face. Getting rid of acne scars is a little tougher job than clearing acne, as these scars are little stubborn why because? if the infected acne reaches the dermis layer then it destroys the healthy skin tissues and when cured acne, it leaves scars on the skin.
Don’t panic and rush for the cosmetic scar removal treatments or creams, you can fade these scars with the help of some natural home remedies without much cost and side effects.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars:
Listed below are some effective natural remedies that lighten up your acne scars and gives an even skin tone. But the only thing you need to do is that follow these remedies daily until you get complete relief from acne scars.
Lemon Juice For Acne Scars:
Lemon is rich in vitamin C and citric acid that helps to rebuild collagen and fade away the acne scars. It has excellent skin lightening property that brightens the skin and makes the scars less visible.
- Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice on the scars using a cotton ball and rinse off after 10 minutes with water. Repeat it daily till you fade the acne scars.
- If you’ve dry or sensitive skin, mix lemon juice with water or rosewater or honey or aloe vera gel and apply it on the acne scars.
- Vitamin E oil has antioxidant and moisturizing properties that heal your skin. Mix 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in 2 teaspoons of vitamin E oil. Apply it on acne scars regularly for 2 – 3 times a day.
Aloe vera acts as a natural emollient that repairs the damaged skin and thus promotes the growth of healthy skin. It improves the skin texture and removes acne scars with its skin soothing and antioxidant properties.
- Peel off the outer aloe vera leaf to take the gel – like substance. Apply it on the scars and massage gently to get absorbed by the skin. Rinse off after 30 minutes and repeat it twice daily.
Olive Oil For Acne Scars:
Olive oil is skin friendly carrier oil that has a lot of essential vitamins (A, B1, B2, C, D, E), iron and antioxidants that repair your skin structure and removes acne scars.
- Massage some extra virgin olive oil gently on the face and neck. Then wring out a clean cloth soaked in warm water and place it on your face for better absorption of oil. Leave it on for few hours or overnight and rinse off.
- Also, use coconut oil (or) almond oil (or) vitamin E oil (or) any combination of essential oil with a carrier oil.
Baking soda has gentle coarse granules that when mixed with water exhibits exfoliating property which removes dead skin cell out of the skin without any irritation.
- Mix enough water to 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste. Apply it on pimple scars and massage gently. Leave for few minutes and rinse with warm water. Dry the skin and apply moisturizer. Repeat regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Potato For Acne Scars:
Raw potato has antibacterial, analgesic and skin bleaching properties that clear acne and promotes new, healthy skin cells and unclogs the skin pores to prevent acne scars.
- Cut a potato into thick slices and rub it gently on scars in circular motions. Continue till you covered all the scars on your skin. Rinse off after few minutes. Also, place the potato slices on the affected areas for few minutes.
Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars:
Tea tree oil has terpinen – 4 – ol that exhibits antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to clear the scars.
- Mix 3 – 5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of water (or any carrier oil). Apply it on the scars using a cotton ball. Wait for few minutes and rinse off with water.
Coffee Scrub for Acne Scars:
Coffee scrub increases the blood circulation, reduces swelling and inflammation, exfoliates the skin deeply to promote the collagen levels and fade acne scars.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of coffee ground with some raw honey (for normal skin) or olive oil (for dry skin). Apply it on the pimple scars and rinse off after 20 minutes.
Honey For Acne Scars:
Honey has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties for treating acne scars. It eliminates the dead cells and stimulates the generation of new skin tissues.
- Apply some organic honey on the acne scars and leave it for few hours and rinse off.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey in 1/4 cup of oatmeal. Spread it on the scars and rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder in 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply it on the scars and let it sit for few minutes and wash it off.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Scars:
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has astringent, antiseptic and a pH balancer of the skin. it has all essential enzymes, amino acids, nutrients, acetic acid, antioxidant properties that clear acne scars on the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of organic ACV and water. Apply it on the acne scars using a cotton ball. Wait for 7 – 10 minutes and wash it with water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey in 2/3 cups of water. Stir well and apply it on the scars using a cotton ball. Leave for 30 minutes and wash with water.
- Also, drink 1 glass of water by mixing 1 tablespoon of ACV and 1 teaspoon of raw honey. Drink regularly for best results.
Sandalwood and Rosewater:
Both sandalwood and rosewater have skin lightening, skin soothing and hydrating properties that help to relieve you from acne scars. They also clear excess oil, dead cells and impurities to prevent the recurrence of acne on that area.
- Mix enough of sandalwood powder and rosewater to make a paste. Apply it on the scars. Leave for overnight and rinse with cold water in the next morning.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid stepping out in the sun after applying lemon juice on the skin, as it causes skin sensitivity to sun’s rays and darkens your skin tone or apply sunscreen.
- Also, applying the freshly prepared tomato pulp on the scars for 15 – 20 minutes will help to fade away the scars but it is only for the people with normal skin.
- Drink plenty of water and other liquids to stay hydrated and to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Other natural remedies like the application of any of these ingredients like egg whites, cucumber juice, turmeric, ice cubes, mint paste, neem leaves, fenugreek, gram flour, yogurt, etc. will help you to get rid of the acne scars.
Avoid touching the affected areas and also rinse your hands after application of any of the above remedies.
- Reduce your stress levels which in turn change your hormonal imbalance that might worsen the problem.
- Include fresh raw fruits and vegetables along with leafy greens in your diet to get rid of the problem.
- Rinse your face at night before going to bed to remove any residue of makeup or dust on the skin. Also, rinse face before applying any remedy.
- We all know that the sun makes the scars darker by increasing the melanin pigment. So, use a sunscreen and wear a hat before stepping out.
- Consult your doctor for proper diagnose, if you didn’t get any relief from scars.
Do you know any other remedies for acne scars which worked for you? Then share it with us in the comment section.