Are you experiencing certain symptoms like dizziness, nausea or difficulty in breathing? Then it may be due to low blood pressure.
A healthy blood pressure level should be 120/80 mm Hg, here 120 mm Hg indicates systolic pressure (pressure as per your heart beats) and 80 mm Hg indicates diastolic pressure (pressure in the arteries in between two heart beats).
Whenever your blood pressure remains over 90/60 mm Hg (or lower) then it is considered as low blood pressure (or hypotension) which means that there is an inadequate flow of blood to your organs (like heart, kidneys, and brain) to perform their function properly.
It is caused due to prolonged bed rest, pregnancy, a decrease in blood volume, dehydration, heart problems, nutritional deficiencies, endocrine disorders, certain medications, neurological problems, etc.
Symptoms like dizziness, palpitations, fatigue, blurred vision, lightheadedness, clammy skin, cold, nausea, fainting, difficulty breathing, etc. are experienced by the people suffering from low blood pressure.
Stop worrying, as it is also a cause for your health problem. Consult your doctor and follow some natural remedies along with some changes in your diet to raise your blood pressure levels and to have a normal blood pressure.
Natural Remedies for Low Blood Pressure:
The listed below are the best remedies that widely used to raise the low blood pressure to maintain normal levels. Have a look at these remedies and follow them regularly.
Method – 1: (Salt Water)
Salt has rich content of sodium that increases your low blood pressure. Salt gets turned into liquid in the body which further prevents dehydration.
- Mix 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of salt in 1 glass of water.
- Drink it whenever you suffer from low blood pressure and its symptoms.
- Also, increase your salt content in your diet to treat low blood pressure.
Note: Avoid excess intake of salt, as it causes some health problems. So, increase the quantity to adequate levels but don’t overdo it.
Method – 2: (Holy Basil)
Holy basil is enriched with magnesium, vitamin C, potassium and pantothenic acid that are essential for lowering your blood pressure. Regular intake of basil will help to balance the mind and thus reduce your stress levels.
- Place 10 – 15 fresh basil leaves in a blender.
- Extract its juice in a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of organic honey in it.
- Stir well and drink it once daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
Note: Or chew 4 – 5 fresh basil leaves daily in the morning.
Method – 3: (Raisins)
Raisins are Ayurvedic remedy used to treat hypotension naturally. Regular intake of raisins will prevent the sudden drop in your blood pressure and supports the functioning of your organs and glands.
- Soak 20 – 30 raisins in a bowl filled with water for overnight.
- Eat them at once in the next morning with an empty stomach.
- Also, drink the raisins soaked water after eating raisins.
- Be sure that not to drink or eat anything for about 45 – 60 minutes after the intake of raisins.
- Repeat the same process regularly for few weeks to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Note: Or consume 10 – 15 black currants, 4 – 6 almonds and 15 – 20 peanuts along with 1 glass of milk to get rid of the problem.
Method – 4: (Licorice Root)
Licorice root works well in normalizing your blood pressure that caused due to low levels of cortisol. It blocks the enzyme breaking down cortisol and thus supports the healthy adrenalin function. Regular intake helps to cure chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Add 1 teaspoon of licorice herb (powder or dried) in 1 cup of hot water.
- Mix well and steep it for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Drink it daily for few days till you get rid of low blood pressure.
Note: Or consult your doctor before taking 400 – 500 mg of licorice root capsules for few days till you get relieve from low blood pressure.
Method – 5: (Almond Milk)
This combination is an age-old remedy used to treat low blood pressure. This will act upon the adrenal glands and thus stabilize your blood pressure to get rid of the problem.
- Soak 5 – 7 almonds in a bowl with water for overnight.
- Peel its skin in the morning and grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Boil this paste in 1 cup of milk for few minutes.
- Drink this almond milk in the morning and repeat the same in every morning till you get relief from low blood pressure.
Method – 6: (Beetroot Juice)
Beetroot juice is effective in dealing with both high and low blood pressures. Raw beetroot juice maintains proper blood pressure levels. Drink 1 cup of fresh beetroot juice twice daily for a week to get rid of the problem.
Method – 7: (Coffee)
Almost everyone loves the coffee taste. So, it’s good news for the people suffering from low blood pressure to have a cup of strong coffee regularly in the morning. You can also have hot chocolate or chocolate milk, cola, hot cocoa or any caffeinated beverage that increase your blood pressure.
If you suffer from frequent attacks of low blood pressure then drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning (or) drink it along with your meals (if you’re suffering from orthostatic hypotension). Also, remember not to make it as a habit why because the long-term effects of caffeine are not good for health.
Method – 8: (Lemon Juice)
Lemon helps to maintain a proper blood pressure levels and treats both high and low fluctuations in your blood pressure levels. It is an effective remedy used to treat dehydration (causes low blood pressure). It also stimulates the liver functioning and aids in proper digestion along with energizing the body.
- Freshly squeeze lemon juice from 2 lemons into a glass.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and sugar and 1/2 glass of water in that lemon juice.
- Stir well and drink it regularly to get rid of the problem.
Note: Or mix 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and salt in 1 glass of sugarcane juice. Drink it to get relief from the problem.
Method – 9: (Rosemary)
Rosemary normalizes your blood pressure levels by stimulating the central nervous system and thus improves the blood circulation.
- Have up to 10 ml of rosemary tincture every day.
- Add this herb to your foods (or) have freshly prepared infusion with the rosemary herb.
- Also, add 3 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oils in your diffuser for benefiting from aromatherapy.
Tips and Precautions:
- Drinking a glass of fresh carrot juice by mixing 2 tablespoons of honey for twice daily (once in morning on an empty stomach and once in the evening) will treat your low blood pressure.
- Regular and mild exercises will promote blood circulation and thereby to prevent the variations in your blood pressure levels. Yoga also works in regulating your blood pressure.
- Consult your doctor if you’re suffering frequently with low blood pressure and also check whether any of your prescribed medications leads to this problem.
- When a person suddenly rises from a sitting or lying down positions then they occur a sudden drop in blood pressure (postural hypotension). So, avoid those sudden changes in your position.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, fresh fruit and vegetable juices like pomegranate, herbal teas, and soups which help to replace the electrolytes, prevent dehydration and stimulate proper blood circulation. Also, limit or stop drinking alcohol, as it causes dehydration and thus lowers your blood pressure.
- Consume small and low carb meals for 6 times a day rather than 3 big meals to stabilize your blood pressure. Limit your carb foods like potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, etc.
- Intake of certain herbs and spices like ginger, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, Siberian ginseng, motherwort tea, aniseed, and pepper will help to raise your blood pressure. Consume foods that are high in proteins, vitamin C and B complex.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to hot water and also avoid heavy lifting. It’s better to elevate your head while sleeping at night.
Hope you liked the article and will follow these remedies to get relief from low blood pressure. Do you know any other effective remedies for controlling the blood pressure? Then share it with us in the below comments section.