There are so many teas out there, but which is best for weight loss? There are studies that show how incredibly good the tea for you in both health (like preventing dental decay, arthritis, cancer, heart stokes and other cardiovascular diseases) and weight loss concerns. Some of these teas speed up your digestion, reduce your bad cholesterol levels and can actually help your shrink fat cells!
Weight loss is defined as burning more calories than you consume. You can achieve this by eating not excessively and more healthily, exercise regularly, and drink these teas!
Here are some teas that will help you get results fast!
- Ballerina Tea for Weight Loss:
Ballerina tea is also known as 3 ballerina tea or Dieter’s Tea, and is considered a weight loss product. This weight loss is a side effect of the real function as a diuretic and laxative. The natural ingredients help to detoxify the body and cleanse the colon.
3 Ballerina tea has active ingredients like cassia angustifolia (Senna) and malva verticellata (Chinese mallow). Senna is a stimulant that works as a cathartic laxative which helps to give relief from the constipation, bloating and gas. Chinese mallow is diuretic and anti – inflammatory that helps to lose weight.
Method – 1: (Ballerina Tea)
- Place a 3 ballerina tea bag in a mug.
- Pour in 2 cups of boiling water, allow it to steep for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and drink.
- After drinking for a week, you can reduce the water to one cup.
- Make sure to drink this 3 times a day after meals.
Method – 2: (Dieter’s Tea)
- Place a dieter tea bag in a mug.
- Boil 1 ½ cup of water and pour into the mug.
- Leave for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Take out that tea bag and drink either in hot or cold.
- Be sure to follow the instructions that are provided as dosage can be different for different brands.
- Drink this tea 3 times a day.
- Drinking this tea regularly helps to you lose weight.
- Dandelion Tea for Weight Loss:
Dandelion tea has diuretic properties that cause water weight loss. It has no calories, therefore is an excellent choice for weight loss.
Taking dandelion tea before meals or using in your cooking promotes fat and cholesterol breakdown, as it makes you feel full. It detoxifies the body to lower the fat content and blood cholesterol, resulting in weight loss.
Method – 1:
- Boil a glass of water and add a fresh, cleaned dandelion root.
- Let it steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea to discard the roots and consume this tea up to 3 times a day.
Method – 2:
- Chop 1/2- 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root and place in a saucepan containing a quart of boiling water.
- Boil for 5 – 10 minutes before straining.
- Drink this tea regularly, once or twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can use dandelion tea bags.
- Detox Tea:
It detoxifies the liver which helps to digest carbohydrates and that further help to boost the metabolism. Ask your doctor or herbal medicinal practitioner for your specifications and needs. A few varieties are: fennel and hibiscus tea for weight loss detox; dandelion and milk thistle for liver detox; cinnamon, clove, cardamom seeds, ginger and black pepper for blood and colon detox; green tea for metabolism and whole body detox.
Method – 1:
- Grate a teaspoon of both burdock root and fresh ginger, not too finely.
- Crumble a tablespoon of dried mint leaves and add all ingredients to a tea strainer.
- Pour boiling water into a tea cup with the strainer.
- Allow to steep for about 10 minutes until the tea turns blue.
- Remove the tea strainer from the cup and add the juice of a lemon.
- Mix it well and drink the tea as it is.
- Drink three times a day with each meal.
Method – 2:
- Take 2 parts each of dried dandelion leaf, dried cleavers, dried red clover blossoms and dried stinging nettle, and one part dried chaparral.
- Place all ingredients in a dark colored glass jar and shake well.
- Boil 4 cups of distilled or spring water and pour over the herbs.
- Add a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to help counteract the bitter flavor of the chaparral leaf, as well as a little bit of stevia to sweeten.
- 2 tablespoons of detox tea mixture can be added if you wish.
- Cover it and let it steep the tea for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine tea strainer or mesh sieve into a separate clean mug.
- Drink this immediately.
- Chaparral is a powerful detoxification herb, but it is difficult to find it. It can be left out or else replaced with sage or other herbs.
- Some herbs can have side effects like: upset stomach, diarrhea, headaches, joint pains, dehydration (a lot of fluid loss) etc.
- Black Tea for Weight Loss:
Black tea is obtained from the camellia sinensis plant, the leaves are left to oxidize after they are picked, making it different from other types of tea. It accelerates the process of losing weight by boosting the metabolism rate of the body, blocking the fattening effects of carbohydrates. It can also prevent stress, which is a contributor to weight gain.
When taken with other nutritional supplements, weight can be lost more effectively. It is very low in sodium, fat and calories, so is a good substitute for other drinks.
Method – 1:
- Take 1 – 2 black tea bags and dip it in a mug of boiling water.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes before discarding the bag.
- Add either honey or lemon juice or sugar or artificial sweeteners to taste.
- Stir it well and drink once or twice a day.
- You can also use a tablespoon of black tea powder in the place of tea bag. Steep for about 6 – 10 minutes in hot water and then strain the tea.
Method – 2:
- Take 6 ounces of water and place on the tea kettle. Heat this to a rolling boil or between 200˚ to 212˚F.
- Then place 2 – 3 gms of black tea leaves in a cup and pour boiling water over them.
- Cover the teapot and steep for about 4 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and add warm milk (optional).
- Add honey or any sweetener to that tea to taste, and stir well.
- Drink this slowly and regularly to promote the weight loss and for effective results.
Take 2 – 3 cups of black tea daily, reduces the risk of getting heart attacks, kidney stones, parkinson’s diseases, hardening of arteries, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, stomach disorders, vomiting, tooth decay, high blood pressure, etc.
- Lemon Tea for Weight Loss:
Lemon tea helps for hydration and boosts immunity. It contains many nutrients that fights against diseases and aids in weight loss and stress release.
Drinking lemon tea helps you to fight against the sugar cravings and enhances the body’s absorption of cachetins, an anti-oxidants that fight against the abdominal fat. Avoid over drinking this lemon tea as it can cause some effects.
Method – 1:
- Add a teaspoon of tea powder or tea leaves to boiling water.
- Allow it to boil for 2 – 3 minutes and then allow it to cool.
- Strain the tea and squeeze half a lemon juice and honey.
- Mix it and drink this tea and drink regularly.
Method – 2:
- Add fresh lemon peel to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep it for few minutes and then strain.
- Add a bit of honey and mix well.
- Drink this twice a day for best results.
Tips for Weight Loss:
Here are some simple but most effective tips to get maximum benefit from these teas:
- Before buying the tea, make sure to check the ingredient list on the back label as it may contains added sugar or sweeteners.
- Drink different types of tea flavors to prevent boredom.
- Do not have more than 50 mg of caffeine.
- Must avoid the teas like senna tea, ginger tea, detox tea, fennel tea, ballerina tea, etc. if you’re pregnant or nursing woman. Also do not give to children.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated teas 3 hours before going to bed, as this can interfere with sleep.
Follow these precautions while taking these teas:
- Excessive consumption of any of the above teas can lead to interference with iron absorption. They can also stain the teeth.
- Avoid drinking the herbal teas or any form of teas that are made from comfrey which has Pyrolizidine alkaloids that harm the liver.
- Always remember to consult your doctor or health-care provider first before starting any diet plan as every individual has different in their specific requirements.
Have you tried any of these methods, or do you know any other teas that reduce the weight loss effectively? We are happy to hear from you so please share your experience with us.