Everyone feels like they want to lose belly fat! Not only can it look unattractive, but it can be dangerous for your health, leading to diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver diseases, heart diseases including stroke and dementia, and more.
Some of the causes of belly fat are genetics, weak metabolism, hormonal changes, stress or hypertension, poor posture, overeating etc. There are many remedies that are effective in helping you to lose the fat if you are eating the right food and doing some physical exercises regularly.
Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat:
The following home remedies are natural, cost affordable, and easily available.
1. Lemon Water:
A stressed liver will not metabolize the fat efficiently, so to detoxify the liver, you can use lemon water. It increases the enzymes that help to detoxify the liver.
- Lemon – 1
- Warm water – 1 glass
- Extract the juice from a lemon and mix with warm water.
- Drink on an empty stomach.
- Do not drink or eat anything for at least 30 minutes after consuming.
- Drink this daily.
2. Ginger Tea:
Ginger is a thermionic agent which increases body temperature, this helps to burn fat more easily. It also suppresses the production of cortisol (a steroid hormone that is essential for the energy regulation and also mobilization).
Ingredients: (Ginger Lemon Honey Tea)
- Ginger – 1 to 2 inch
- Lemon – 1
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 4 cups
- Boil water for few minutes and now add ginger to it.
- Simmer it for about 5 – 10 minutes and then remove it from the stove.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey and stir well.
- Drink first thing in the morning and at least 2 – 3 cups throughout the day.
Garlic has an excellent anti-obesity property that helps to get rid of belly fat. It reduces the systolic, diastolic blood pressure and triglycerides, as well as increases the good cholesterol. Garlic also avoids the conversion of pre fat cells into fat cells.
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Lemon – 1
- Water – 1 cup
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a cup of water and stir well.
- Chew raw garlic cloves and then drink the lemon water on an empty stomach.
- Repeat this every morning, you should see a change within 2 weeks.
4. Green Tea:
According to American Journal of Clinical Nutritional States, drinking 4 cups of green tea everyday will help to lose more than 6 pounds of weight and fat within 8 weeks. Green tea has a type of a catechin known as epigallocatechin – 3 – gallate or EGCG. Whenever you sip a green tea, EGCG will help to boost your metabolism.
- Green tea leaves or pearls – 1 to 2 teaspoons or a tea bag
- Lemon juice – ½ to 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Mint / basil leaves – 5
- Honey (Optional) – as per your taste.
- Take green tea or tea bag and mint or basil leaves.
- Add this to a cup of hot water and stir.
- Cover and allow to steep for about 7 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add lemon juice and honey.
- Mix it well and consume 3-4 times a day. Preferably after meals.
5. Herbal Treatment:
There are many every day herbs that when used in cooking can reduce belly fat. The best are:
Each has different properties that will help you lose belly fat, especially when used combined.
These herbs can do wonders at getting rid of body fat, for example, cucumber contains water and other dietary fibre that will cleanse the body. Ginger boosts the metabolism, mint calms cravings and soothes the tummy and lemon is full of vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- Cucumber – 1 (Medium sized)
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (grated) (OR) 1 to 2 inch piece (if pressed)
- Mint leaves – 10 to 12 sprigs
- Lemon – 1
- Water – 2 liters
- Cut cucumber and lemon into slices
- Add all ingredients to water.
- Stir well and soak overnight.
- Drink this water throughout the day and repeat regularly.
Almonds have healthy fats like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that help to prevent you from overeating. Studies have shown that almonds will suppress hunger and also fights against heart diseases. These almonds are rich in magnesium that builds muscles which means belly fat is burned more easily. Not only that, but it contains hardly any calories, so try to include this in your diet as much as possible.
Methods to include almonds in your diet:
Method – 1:
- Take 6 – 8 almonds and douse in water overnight.
- Eat this first thing in the morning daily.
Method – 2:
- Take few almonds and include them in your morning breakfast or add them to your greens, apples, orange blend and porridge.
7. Dandelion Tea:
If you’re suffering from belly fat due to water retention, then the dandelion herb will come to your rescue. It is a natural diuretic improves your liver’s functioning capacity, flushing out the retained water and other toxins from your body, particularly the abdominal bloating.
Ingredients: (Dandelion Tea)
- Dandelion root or root powder (roasted) – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh ginger (minced) – 1/2 piece
- Cinnamon bark – 1/2 piece
- Cardamom seeds – 1
- Mint leaves – 4 to 6
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Honey – 2 teaspoon
- Put all the ingredients in a pan, except honey, and bring to the boil.
- Boil for about 5 – 10 minutes and then strain the tea.
- Then add the honey and stir well.
- Drink and repeat 2-4 times a day.
- Note: Do not drink if suffering from blocked bile ducts or similar.
Cinnamon is a thermogenic which produces heat through metabolic stimulation. It not only reduces belly fat but also reduces overall body fat. Include a teaspoon of ground cinnamon in your regular diet to increase the metabolism and to lose fat quickly.
Note: Do not use cinnamon bark oil as this can be dangerous.
Ingredients for various processes:
- Coffee or tea
- Breakfast cereal
- Salads or sauces
- Boiling water
Different ways to use cinnamon in your diet:
- Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to drinks like tea, milk or coffee and stir well.
- Add cinnamon to the top of some toast or a muffin.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon on salads, dips or sauces.
- Take a cinnamon stick (or) 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- Place in a cup and then add a cup of boiling hot water.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes and then add a tea bag.
- After 4 – 5 minutes take out the bag and strain the tea and add honey to flavour.
- Take this tea daily once or twice a day.
9. Fish Oil or Fish:
Fish oil has omega – 3, fatty acids like icosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid and linolenic acid that helps to break down the fat. Just eating fish is also very effective.
- Fish oil – 6 gms or a tablespoon
- Take 6 gms of fish oil everyday.
- Alternatively, eat fish twice a week
Even if you follow all these natural home remedies, proper diet plain and other lifestyle habits to lose belly fat will be a waste of effort if don’t do exercises.
- Do regular exercises that include the all muscles with whole body workouts.
- Regularly complete exercises like walking, cycling, aerobics, running, etc. to increase the body’s capacity to burn the calories and makes you lose the belly fat.
- Doing Jumping jacks and push ups in the morning will kick start the metabolism for the day.
- Skipping or jump rope is also considered as the great exercise to lose the belly fat.
- Have some regular strength training along with cardiovascular exercises to build up and strengthen the muscles tone.
Change your lifestyle by following these tips to get rid of abdominal fat.
- Have adequate sleep as lack of proper sleep can cause belly fat as you will crave more sugar and fatty foods.
- Drink water as much as you can throughout the day. This helps to lead more active metabolism, flushes out the toxins or wastes from the body and finally improves the overall health. You should try to have 8 glasses a day. A good time to drink is before and after each meal.
- Place an aim to complete 10,000 steps a day.
- Cut down the usage of salt in your diet as salt has detrimental effect on the fat storage.
- Reduce sugary drinks and all other carbonated beverages.
- Always eat a heavy breakfast, a moderate lunch and a light dinner.
- Avoid losing weight rapidly or quickly by using crash diet and diet pills, as they can be harmful to the body and doesn’t last.
- Have dairy foods like low fat milk, curd, etc. which plays an effective in cutting down few inches in your waistline.
With these natural home remedies and tips, you can effectively fight against the belly or abdominal fat and enjoy a reduced waistline.
Do you know any other effective remedies to lose belly fat? Then share your experience with us.