Acne vulgaris or acne is a most common inflammatory skin disease that occurs when the oil glands get clogged at the base of hair follicles due to excessive oil buildup, clogged pores, dead skin cells and bacteria. This condition is also caused due to hormonal changes, usage of certain medications, genetics, unhealthy diet, poor hygiene, stress, etc.
People of all ages especially adolescents and young adults are suffering from this skin problem, as it not only affect their self-esteem but also makes them think as a global disaster. It can affect them in the form of pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, red bumps or painful pus-filled lumps beneath the skin’s surface.
Other than using creams, lotions and over the counter medications or treatments, just give a trial to natural home remedies like lemon to get long lasting results without any side effects.
Here are 3 effective lemon methods that definitely give you best result against acne / pimples.
Method – 1: (Lemon)
Lemon has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that inhibit the P.acne bacteria causing acne. It has citric acid that acts as a natural exfoliant which helps the skin to get rid of dead skin cells to make it softer and acne scar free. It acts as astringent that shrink and constricts the excess oil and dirt from the skin pores and cleanses it properly. It has antioxidant property that fights against the free radicals causing inflammation and breakouts.
Steps to be followed:
- Cleanse the affected skin area with mild soap and lukewarm water to remove the oil and dirt buildup.
- Dry the skin with soft towel and cut the lemon to extract its juice freshly into a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in lemon juice and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Dab it directly on the affected skin areas and be sure to cover all the pimples affected areas.
- Wait for 10 minutes till it dries on the skin.
- Wash it off with cool water and pat the skin dry completely.
- Be sure that application of lemon juice directly on the skin may cause severe stinging or discomfort, then immediately rinse it off with cool water.
- Or if you have sensitive or dry skin, dilute the lemon juice with some water and then apply it on acne.
- For getting more effective results, repeat the same for twice daily till it eliminates acne on skin.
Method – 2: (Lemon Mask with Honey)
Honey has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that clear the bacteria and soothes the inflammation caused due to pimples. This combination prevents the breakouts from forming.
Steps to be followed…
- Cleanse the face and steam it to open up the skin pores.
- Extract juice from 1/2 lemon and mix with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Spread this mix on face and neck as a mask.
- Leave it on for about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash it with cool water and pat dry the skin.
- Or simply pour some honey on half a lemon piece and rub it on pimples affected areas.
- Repeat it regularly for best results.
Method – 3: (Lemon Juice and Rose Water)
Rosewater has natural antibacterial and soothing property that reduces the acidic nature of lemon and lightens the skin to prevent pimples without formation of scars on the skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Cleanse the skin with mild soap and water to remove oil and dirt on skin’s surface.
- Dry the skin and combine equal amounts of fresh lemon juice and rose water in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball and dab it directly on acne after squeezing it to remove any excess liquid.
- Let it stay on skin for 15 – 30 minutes and wash it with cool water.
- Dry the skin with soft towel and continue doing this for twice daily for few days to see acne free skin.
Tips and Warnings:
Follow these Tips and Precautions for getting safe and effective relief from acne / pimples.
- Prefer a skin test before applying lemon juice to know whether it causing any burning or stinging sensation on skin and thereby redness and inflammation.
- Never ever apply lemon juice around the eyes and also avoid sun exposure to prevent the photosensitive effect from sunlight and wear sunscreen to protect your skin.
- It’s best to use fresh lemon juice rather than bottled juice to grab the benefits of lemon on skin.
- You can also include lemon in your daily diet to get cure from pimples from inside out.
This is all about Lemon for Pimples. Give a trial to these lemon methods and let me know which one worked well for diminishing your acne problem.