No one wants dull or damaged hair, so to get those glossy locks, use these amazing home remedies that contain Coconut Oil.
Coconut oil is derived from the fruit of coconut tree. This oil is not only tasty, but also helps to condition your hair and skin. It has many amazing properties that treat your hair, skin and overall health condition.
Does Coconut Oil help Hair?
Coconut oil softens the hair, adds shine to your hair, makes it healthier and treats scalp and hair problems. Have a look at these amazing coconut oil benefits.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the hair. Due to its chemical structure, it can easily penetrate into the cortex (inner part of hair) that can help to improve its strength and flexibility.
- It has nutrients that helps to promote shine and prevents hair loss through styling.
- It contains Capric acid, lauric acid compounds and other essential fatty acids that help to bind the proteins in the hair. It protects both the roots and strands from breakage.
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties of coconut oil protect the scalp from infections.
- It has vitamins E and K that nourishes the hair. It also contains linoleic acid that helps to keep the hair well hydrated and maintain its elasticity. It also contains oleic acid that helps to get thicker and stronger hair naturally.
- It also repairs and revitalizes your hair to make it healthy and grow properly.
How to use Coconut Oil on your Hair:
1. Coconut Oil
- Take organic virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
- Boil some water and put the bowl over the water to warm the oil.
- Apply it on your scalp and hair by massaging it thoroughly with your finger tips.
- Wrap a hot towel over your head.
- Leave an hour or two and then wash it off with shampoo and water.
- Repeat it once a week.
2. Coconut Oil with Curry Leaves
- Mix a few curry leaves to a small amount of coconut oil.
- Mix it and boil for a few minutes until a black residue starts to form.
- Apply this oil to your hair and massage.
- Leave it for few hours or overnight and then wash it off with water followed by shampoo.
- Continue doing this process for twice a week.
3. Coconut Oil with Tea Tree Oil
- Take 5 tablespoons of organic coconut oil as per your hair length.
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil and mix well.
- Apply this to your hair before bed.
- Cover your head with a towel or shower cap and leave overnight.
- Next morning, wash your hair with shampoo.
4. Coconut Oil with Castor Oil
- Combine a sufficient amount of coconut oil with a few drops of castor oil.
- Mix it well and apply it on your scalp and hair.
- Cover your hair with warm towel or shower cap
- Allow it to sit for few hours.
- Wash with shampoo and conditioner.
5. Coconut Oil, Banana and Avocado
- Mash one ripped banana and 1/2 ripped avocado.
- Add coconut oil to make a paste.
- Apply on your hair thoroughly.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with shampoo and water.
- This process conditions the damaged hair and makes it softer.
6. Coconut Oil with Indian Gooseberry
Gooseberry contains antibacterial, anti-oxidant and exfoliating properties that help to maintain healthy scalp.
- Boil a tablespoon of dried gooseberry in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Strain the oil and allow it to cool.
- Apply this oil by massaging it on the scalp.
- Leave overnight and rinse your hair the next morning.
Follow these tips to get best results.
- Always buy 100% organic, unprocessed extra virgin coconut oil.
- Some of the commonly seen coconut oil brands are nutiva, nature’s way efagold, spectrum naturals, artisana, organic Fiji, etc.
- Using any hair care product that contains coconut oil as one of the main ingredient will also be beneficial.
- Coconut oil is also used to treat many other health problems like heart diseases, weight loss, immunity boosting, digestion problems, Candida relief and more.
This is all about Coconut oil for Healthy Hair. Have you tried any of these remedies or other remedies for healthy hair? Then please share your experience with us.