Dull, dry and damaged hair is the main issue for most of the people. In this modern world, due to the usage of commercial hair products that contains chemicals, hormonal imbalance, stress, hair styling products, pollution, poor diet, etc. we are suffering from hair problems. They will cause hair damage and make it lifeless.
In general, we all have our own unique type of hair (like curly, straight, frizzy, dry) and at certain times of the year, they get out of control.
So, to recover your hair from these damages and to make it strong and shiny, you have to go through these hair masks to get a healthy hair growth.
Natural Hair Masks for Healthy and Beautiful Hair:
Here are some best hair masks that help you a lot in treating almost every hair problem. You can choose the mask as per your hair problem and try it to get a healthy hair growth.
Let’s get started…
Mask – 1: (Papaya Mask for Healthy Hair Growth)
The combination of papaya with coconut milk and honey will hydrate the hair and supports the growth of healthy hair.
Ripe papaya is enriched with vitamins A & C, magnesium, beta-carotene, magnesium, potassium, copper, etc. that support your hair growth by removing the buildup of oil and impurities on the scalp. Coconut milk has high-fat content that penetrates deep into the hair. Honey acts as a natural emollient that works for smooth and soft hair.
- Place 1/2 cup of peeled ripe papaya, 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in a blender.
- Blend it for few minutes till it forms a smooth paste and shampoo your hair.
- Apply this paste as a hair mask on all over the damp hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 minutes or more and rinse off with water and shampoo.
- Continue this mask for once a week to get beautiful and healthy hair.
Mask – 2: (Hibiscus Mask for Silky and Shiny Hair)
The combination of hibiscus with yogurt and honey will help to combat hair loss and enhance your hair growth. Hibiscus (both leaves and flowers) will act as a deep conditioner and yogurt fights dandruff and adds a lustrous shine to the hair.
- First of all, remove the stalk and sepal from 8 – 10 fresh hibiscus flowers and rinse those flowers thoroughly.
- Place these flowers along with 3 – 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt and a little water in the blender.
- Blend it till you get a smooth paste and then add 1 tablespoon of honey and few drops of rosemary essential oil (optional, as rosemary enhance hair growth) in it.
- Stir well and apply this hydrating hair mask on all over your hair and cover it with a shower cap.
- Wait for 30 – 45 minutes and rinse off with water and mild shampoo.
- Repeat the process for once in a week to get silky and shiny hair.
- Or wash a handful of fresh hibiscus leaves and remove their stalk. Grind them to make a paste and take it out into a bowl. Now grind 1 – 2 tablespoons of soaked fenugreek seeds to make it as a paste. Mix these two pastes and apply it on the hair as a mask and rinse off after 30 minutes.
- Also, you can apply only hibiscus leaves and flowers and apply it as a mask.
- Or mix few drops of lemon juice to the mask for treating dandruff and itchy scalp.
Mask – 3: (Gelatin Mask for Strong Hair)
Gelatin is a collagen protein that derived from cartilage, bones, and skin of animals. It makes your hair healthy and strong which in turn prevents hair fall.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin in 1/2 cup of warm milk or warm water.
- Stir well to make a paste and then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or coconut oil), 1 egg (both white & yolk), 2 tablespoons of hair conditioner (avoid if you have oily hair) and few drops of ACV or essential oils in it.
- Stir well and apply this mix as a mask on your wet hair thoroughly.
- Cover the hair using a shower cap and then towel.
- Leave it for 30 – 40 minutes and rinse off with shampoo and water.
- Continue applying this hair mask for once a week to strengthen the hair follicles and to enhance stronger and softer hair growth.
Mask – 4: (Avocado and Honey Mask for Dry and Dull Hair)
To treat your dry and dull hair, you can go through this mask. This mask will provide an excellent moisturizing to the hair and thus makes it look well nourished.
Avocado has unsaturated oils and enriched with nutrient dense that provides essential moisture to the hair. Honey acts as a natural humectant that attracts and retain the moisture to prevent it from dryness.
- Take a medium sized ripe avocado and mash it to make a fine paste.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of honey and stir well.
- Apply this paste on your dry or slightly damp hair and let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes by wrapping your hair in a shower cap.
- Rinse off with water followed with a mild shampoo and repeat this moisturizing mask for once a week.
- Or pour 1/2 sliced avocado, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in a blender. Blend it to make a paste and apply it throughout the damp hair. Cover it with a shower cap and rinse off with water after 30 minutes to moisturize to your natural hair.
- Also, mix mash of 1/2 a ripe avocado and 2 egg yolks and apply it on the dry hair. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
Mask – 5: (Egg Yolk with Coconut Oil Mask for Damaged hair)
Coconut oil has essential fatty acids and vitamin E content that makes the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp and maintain its elasticity along with nourishing the hair. Egg yolk has all essential nutrients and proteins that help the hair to withstand the damage caused by hair styling products.
- Pour 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil and honey in a blender.
- Blend it to make a paste and apply it on your damp hair as a mask.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with shampoo and do apply this mask for once weekly till you get rid of damaged hair.
Mask – 6: (Egg with Olive Oil and Mayonnaise for Curly Hair)
Olive oil reduces the hair loss with its essential nutrients and mono-unsaturated fatty acids. Mayonnaise will provide the essential moisturizer to the hair follicles for its proper growth.
This combination clears the buildup of dust and impurities on the scalp and helps you to manage the curly hair.
- Add 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and honey in a blender.
- Blend it to make a paste and apply it evenly on your damp hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap and wait for 30 – 40 minutes.
- After that, rinse off your hair with shampoo followed by conditioner and repeat the mask for once weekly for best results.
Mask – 7: (Banana with Yogurt and Honey for Frizzy Hair)
Banana is enriched with natural oils, carbohydrates, vitamins and potassium that helps to lock in moisture to soften and thus clears frizzy hair. Yogurt softens your hair and repairs it to get rid of frizzy hair.
- Place 1 sliced banana, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in a blender.
- Blend it to make a paste and apply it evenly on your damp hair.
- Wrap it with a shower cap and wait for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner and reapply it once a week regularly to get rid of frizzy hair.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in this mix before applying to grab extra moisturizing and to get rid of frizzy hair.
- Or simply mix 1 mashed banana, 1 cup of yogurt, 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and apply it on the hair as a mask. Rinse off after few minutes to get rid of frizzy hair and dandruff.
Mask – 8: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Lemon Juice Mask for Oily Hair)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has acetic acid that helps to balance the pH of your scalp, which in turn helps to control the excess secretion of oil and thereby reduces the oil buildup on the scalp. Lemon juice also clears the excess oil and clean the scalp to make it free from infections.
- Mix 1/4 cup of ACV, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon of raw honey in a bowl.
- Stir well and apply it on your damp hair and tie it up.
- Secure it with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with shampoo and conditioner to get rid of the oily hair.
- Continue applying this mask for once a week regularly till you cleared the problem.
Mask – 9: (Avocado with Olive Oil Mask for Hair Split Ends)
Avocado nourishes your hair and treats split ends with its rich content of vitamins, essential fatty acids, folic acid, and proteins. Olive oil moisturizes the hair and prevents it from split ends.
- Mash 1 ripe avocado and add 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and coconut oil in it.
- Stir well to make a creamy paste and apply it on the hair.
- Leave the mask to sit for 30 minutes by covering the hair with a shower cap.
- After that, rinse off the hair with lukewarm water and shampoo to get rid of split ends.
- Do the same process for 3 – 4 times a month regularly till you prevent split ends.
Tips and Precautions:
- If you have long and thick hair then you have to double the recipe.
- Other than following hair masks, you have to drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet to get rid of your hair problems.
- Reduce your stress by practicing some techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercises, getting enough sleep, etc.
- Always protect your hair from harsh climatic conditions and shampoo your hair 2 – 3 times a week along with applying oil to your hair regularly.
- Reduce the usage of hair styling products along with hair dryer, as they make the hair dry, dull and at last damaged.
- Dry your hair properly after shampooing and won’t tie the wet hair.
Try these hair masks as per your hair problem and share your experience with us in the below comments box.