Generally, we lose 50 – 100 strands of hair daily which we consider it is not any serious hair loss problem. But most of the people are suffering from more intense hair loss due to nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance, stress, pollution, chemical based hair products or cosmetics, heredity, smoking, certain diseases, and medications, aging, etc.
Hair loss is considered as the big beauty concern in these days. Most of the people are spending thousands of money for their hair growth and to look gorgeous with their beautiful and shiny hair. But there are many natural at home remedies for treating your hair loss and to enhance proper hair growth.
Aloe vera stands best in treating many health, hair and skin problems and it is an age old remedy that widely used for treating hair and skin problems.
In this article, we are going to know all about aloe vera, its properties towards hair growth and the best methods of using it along with some tips and precautions. Let’s get started.
Is Aloe Vera good for Hair Growth?
- It has certain enzymes that promote the healthy hair growth by clearing the dead cells which clog hair follicles and restricts the hair growth.
- It has an alkalizing property that balances the pH levels of the scalp (or hair) to prevent any microbial growth or its attack on the scalp.
- It has many essential fatty acids, zinc, vitamins A, B, C & E, iron, etc. that promote healthy hair. It has polysaccharides and glycoproteins that stimulate the growth of new hair.
- It reduces excess oil (sebum), dust, toxins and other impurities on the scalp and hair to prevent hair loss by clearing the blocked pores.
- Regular usage of aloe vera helps to relieve you from itching, irritation and inflammation on the scalp and hair. It also works well in strengthening the hair and thus prevents hair loss.
- It has mucopolysaccharides (an excellent moisturizing property) that reduce the flaky, itchy and dry scalp which are the main base for many scalp and hair problems.
- It has best anti-microbial, restoring and moisturizing properties which help to clean the scalp, locks the moisture levels and accelerate the healthy hair growth.
How to use Aloe Vera for Hair Growth:
Discover these amazing aloe vera methods for getting rid of hair loss and enhance healthy hair growth to get shiny, beautiful and luminous hair.
Method – 1: (Aloe Vera)
This is a simple method that widely used for treating hair and scalp problems. Here you can use fresh and organic aloe vera gel or juice.
Steps to be followed…
- Extract aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf and apply it all over the scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for few minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- It’s best to apply it on the hair at night before bed time and rinse the hair in the next morning.
- Repeat the same process regularly for 3 times a week.
- Or use aloe vera based shampoo and conditioner regularly rather than normal shampoos to get rid of the hair loss problem.
- Or simply consume 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice on an empty stomach daily for not only enhancing the hair growth but also gives many health benefits.
- Alternatively, drink freshly extracted aloe vera juice 30 minutes before eating a meal to get rid of scalp problems.
- Or else prepare aloe vera shampoo by mixing aloe vera gel with wheat germ oil and coconut milk, or use a gentle natural shampoo after aloe application.
Method – 2: (Aloe Vera with Fenugreek and Castor Oil)
Fenugreek has hormone antecedents that promote quick hair growth by rebuilding the hair follicles. Castor oil strengthens the roots to grow hair quickly and also reduces the stress. This process not only helps to clear scalp and hair problems like dandruff, dry and itchy scalp.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2 teaspoons each of castor oil, fenugreek powder and basil powder in 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel.
- Stir well and apply it on all over the scalp by massaging gently at night before bed time.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse it off with shampoo followed by water in the next morning.
- Continue doing the same process once weekly for 1 – 2 months for getting healthy hair growth.
Note: Or mix aloe vera gel with any essential oils to make a nurturing hair mask (or) combine 1/4 cup of almond oil in 1/2 cup of aloe vera and apply it on the scalp and hair.
Method – 3: (Aloe Vera with Olive Oil and Onion Juice)
Olive oil nourishes the hair by penetrating deep into the hair and thus prevents hair loss. Onion juice has sulfur content that circulates the blood properly into the hair follicles and regenerates the hair without inflammation. This combination helps to prevent the infections on the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of olive oil in 3 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Stir well and apply it on the scalp by massaging gently.
- Allow it to sit for about 30 – 40 minutes and rinse off with shampoo followed by water.
- Repeat regularly for 2 – 3 times a week for best results.
Note: Alternatively, mix 2 teaspoons each of olive oil and aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in 1 oz of warm water. Apply this mix on all over the scalp and rinse off after 30 minutes with shampoo.
Method – 4: (Aloe Vera with Lemon)
Lemons has a rich amount of vitamin C that stimulate the healthy hair growth by clearing the fungus attacks on the scalp to prevent dandruff and other scalp infections.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (freshly extracted from an aloe leaf).
- Stir well and apply it on the scalp and hair.
- Massage gently for few minutes and leave it on for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and do the same regularly till you got desired results.
Tips and Precautions:
- The best way to use aloe vera is after shampooing your hair, massage the aloe gel on all over the hair and scalp. Rinse off after several minutes to get relief from the hair and scalp problems.
- Aloe oil is another effective aloe vera form that prevents hair loss and enhance the growth of new hair follicles. Apply it at night before bed time and rinse your hair in the next morning.
- Over consumption of aloe vera might cause some serious health problems like diarrhea, stomach cramps, etc.
- Make sure to consult your dermatologist if you didn’t find any relief from these hair problems like hair loss.
- Regular usage of aloe vera will definitely help you to get shiny and voluminous hair.
That’s all for now about Aloe Vera for Hair Growth, try these methods and share your experience with us.