Having dark skin on the inner thighs is not a serious health issue but it really an embarrassing problem for men and women. Obesity is the main cause for dark inner thighs, as the thighs will tend to rub against each other while they walk or exercise.
Other reasons include excessive sweating, exposure to harmful UV rays, poor hygiene, shaving or usage of other bikini hair removal techniques, PCOS, friction due to too much exercise, certain health problem or medications (like diabetes, overweight, insulin resistance), hormonal imbalance, usage of chemical enriched products, etc.
Most of us will ignore this body part without taking proper care but if you wish to lighten your thighs and look good in skirts or shorts then it’s time to go to the kitchen.
Yes, your kitchen is the best natural pharmacy in which many natural remedies are available there to get rid of problems. Have a look to know the effective home remedies for lightening your dark inner things.
Home Remedies to Lighten your Dark Inner Thighs:
These are the top remedies that are widely used to get rid of dark skin in your inner thighs. Let’s get started.
Method – 1: (Lemon)
Lemon has a mild exfoliating property that removes the impurities on the skin. It acts as a natural bleaching agent that lightens your dark skin. It also has acidic property and rich content of vitamin C which stimulate the growth of new cells to get an even skin tone.
- Apply the freshly squeezed lemon juice on your dark inner thighs using a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes and wipe off using a wet washcloth.
- Finally, rinse off with cold water and dry your skin to apply moisturizer.
- Repeat it for 2 – 3 times a week.
- If you’re having dry or sensitive skin, then dilute the fresh lemon juice with water before application.
- Or mix 1 teaspoon of rose water in 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and glycerin. Stir well and apply it daily on the inner thighs at night before bedtime as a pack. Rinse off with warm water in the next morning.
- Also, avoid applying lemon on recently shaved or waxed thighs or on cuts or wound areas, as it causes irritation.
- Or simply squeeze lemon juice freshly from 2 lemons and pour it into an empty spray bottle. Then add the same quantity of water to it and share the bottle. Spray it on the dark inner thighs and rinse after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Also, squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon and mix it with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Stir and apply it on the thighs and scrub gently. Wait for 10 minutes and rinse with water.
Method – 2: (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera has skin soothing, nourishing and antioxidant properties that repair your skin and enhance skin rejuvenation. It also alleviates hyperpigmentation, removes dark skin patches and thus restores your natural skin color.
- Extract aloe vera gel from the aloe leaf and apply it directly on the dark thighs.
- Massage it gently for few minutes till the gel absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Dry your skin and continue doing it once or twice daily till you get rid of the dark inner thighs.
Note: Or mix few drops of almond oil (or vitamin E oil) in 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel. Spread it on the inner thighs and massage gently for few minutes till your gel is absorbed into your skin completely. Rinse off with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat twice daily.
Method – 3: (Cucumber)
Cucumber has natural bleaching property that lightens your dark inner thighs. It has all essential properties used to lighten up your skin by removing dirt and dead cells. It exhibits skin soothing property and repairs the skin cells. The best thing is that it suits for all skin types in dealing with various skin problems, including dark inner thighs.
- Cut a small cucumber into slices and place it on the inner thighs or apply fresh cucumber juice on your inner thighs.
- Rub it gently on all over the dark thighs for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water after 5 minutes to clear the pigmentation on the skin.
- Regular follow – up of this process for once or twice daily will lighten up your dark inner thighs.
- Or mix equal quantities of fresh cucumber juice and lemon juice in a bowl and stir well by adding a bit of turmeric and sandalwood powder in it. Apply it on thighs and wash off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes. Repeat it once daily.
- Also, peel and grate a cucumber and add 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and some lemon juice to it. Apply it on the inner thighs and rinse off after it dries with water.
Method – 4: (Yogurt)
Yogurt has lactic acid and mild bleaching property that lightens up the dark color of your inner thighs. It also has zinc which combats sunburn and relieves you from harmful sun tan.
- Apply some plain yogurt on your inner thighs and rub it gently for few minutes.
- Wait for about 10 – 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Dry your skin and repeat it once daily till you achieved an even skin tone without any darkness on your inner thighs.
Note: Or mix fresh lemon juice (squeezed from 1/2 a lemon), 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric and gram flour in 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt(prefer to use sour). Apply it on the affected skin and rub it gently with your wet hands after it gets dried. Finally, rinse off with warm water. Regular follow up of this pack for 2 – 3 times a week will clear dark inner thighs.
Method – 5: (Oatmeal)
Oatmeal has an exfoliating property that removes dead cells and other impurities and thus leaves your skin soft and supple. Regular follow up will help a lot in lightening your complexion of inner thighs.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in enough fresh tomato juice.
- Mix well to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the thighs and wait for 20 minutes.
- Then start scrubbing the area to clear dead skin cells by using your wet fingers for few minutes.
- After that, rinse off with cold water and continue doing it for 2 – 3 times a week until you get relief from dark inner thighs.
Note: Or mix few drops of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric in 1 teaspoon of oatmeal powder. Stir to make a fine paste and use it to scrub your skin as mentioned above.
Method – 6: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil has essential fatty acids that lighten up your hyperpigmentation and fades away your dark spots. It has an excellent moisturizing and antioxidant properties that moisturize your skin and protects it from the effect of free radicals. So, to maintain a soft young looking even toned skin, we have to apply organic virgin coconut oil regularly to the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply it on the inner thighs and massage it gently for few minutes.
- Let it sit for another 7 – 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Use this process on every alternate day till you get complete relief from dark inner thighs.
Note: Not only coconut oil but also coconut water will help to clear the dark inner thighs by balancing your electrolytes and rejuvenating the skin. Drink coconut water (or) apply coconut water on your dark inner thighs (or) apply a mix of lemon juice mixed with coconut water to treat dark inner thighs in sensitive skin people.
Method – 7: (Almonds)
The rich content of vitamin E in almonds helps for skin brightening by moisturizing the dried skin and repairing the damaged skin. Here you are using both almonds and almond oil to maintain a healthy even toned skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of raw milk and organic honey in 1 – 2 tablespoons of coarsely powdered almonds.
- Stir it to make a scrub paste and apply it on the dark inner thighs.
- Let it dry for few minutes and then rub it off in circular motions using your wet fingers.
- Finally, rinse off with cold water and do the same for 2 – 4 times a week.
- Or soak few almonds in water for overnight and grind it into a fine paste in the next morning. Stir well by adding a little honey and apply it on your thighs. Scrub it gently by using wet hands after 10 – 15 minutes. Wash the area using cold water. Repeat it once or twice a week.
- Or massage your thighs with warm almond oil for 5 – 7 minutes in every night before going to bed.
Method – 8: (Orange Peel)
Just like lemon, orange peel has vitamin C and citric acid along with natural bleaching and mild exfoliating properties that replace your dark skin with an even skin tone. It has a mild exfoliating property that removes dead or damaged skin cells, excess sebum and other impurities from the skin’s surface to make it glow with an even tone.
- Dry some orange peels in the sun for few days and grind it into powder form.
- Then take 2 teaspoons of this peel powder and mix it with enough rose water till it forms a thick paste.
- Stir well by adding some raw honey in it.
- Apply this paste on the inner thighs and leave for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Scrub it off gently with wet hands and wash the area with cold water.
- For best results, repeat the same process regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Note: Or mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric with enough orange juice to make a fine paste. Spread it on the inner thighs and remove it by using warm water after 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat the same process for once daily to clear your dark inner thighs and to enjoy an even toned skin.
Regular Skincare Regimen to get rid of Dark Inner Thighs:
These are the 5 best basic steps to get rid of dark inner thighs.
- Exfoliate to remove dead cells – use oatmeal or sugar scrubs
- Moisturize to avoid many skin problems – use honey or coconut oil or olive oil
- Soothe the irritated skin to absorb the applied remedies or creams – use sandalwood with rose water or aloe vera gel
- Lubricate it to prevent further damage – use glycerin or rose water
- Control the perspiration to prevent further pigmentation – use talcum or special powders made exclusively for thighs.
Tips and Precautions:
- Baking soda exfoliates the dark skin to remove the sun damaged skin cells and other impurities. Mix 1 tablespoon each of milk (or water) and baking soda. Add a little honey to this paste and rub it on your thighs in circular motions for a couple of minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and continue it on every other day.
- Regular application of other remedies like tomato juice, grated potato juice, turmeric with milk cream, papaya paste, raw honey, honey with sugar and lemon juice scrub, coconut water, etc. will help you to get rid of dark inner thighs.
- Applying vitamin E in any form (like cream or oil or rich foods) on the dark inner thighs regularly will help you to get relief from the problem.
- Reduce your overweight as obesity contributes to skin discoloration on your inner thighs due to friction.
- Limit your shaving or waxing the bikini area too frequently, as it results in dark discoloration of inner thighs.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin well hydrated. Also, follow some inner thighs skin hygienic practices.
- Always wear comfortable clothes which allow the skin to breathe and avoid wearing rough jeans.
- It’s recommended to use a chemical free herbal soaps or body wash along with a soft sponge to clean your body (especially your thighs).
- Apply sunscreen lotion while going outside, to protect your thighs from harmful sun’s UV rays. Also, apply moisturizer regularly on your thighs to prevent dry skin.
- Regularly rinse and scrub the inner thigh area to clear the accumulated dead cells and dirt on the skin and also take some extra care tone up your dark inner thighs.
Try these remedies and let me know which method works well in treating your dark inner thighs by sharing your experience in the below comments box.