Having a cup of coffee at work will refresh your mind and body, isn’t it? Then do you know that coffee will relax your stressed eyes and relieves you from puffy eyes and dark circles? Before going into the article, let’s know about dark circles.
Dark circles or puffy eyes are the common complaints from most of us. They occur due to aging, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, stress, poor diet, health problems, allergies and other.
They make you look tired and unhealthy. To get rid of this problem, there are many natural remedies but here we are going to use a coffee mask for treating your dark circles and puffy eyes.
Benefits of using Coffee for Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles:
- It has caffeine that exhibits anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that reduce the inflammation and soothes the skin under the eyes.
- It has an antioxidant property that reduces the effect of UV rays and aging on the sensitive eye area.
- It shrinks the blood vessels and stimulates the circulation of blood and oxygen supply to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles.
- It acts as a natural diuretic that draws out the water and reduces puffiness under your eyes. Also, it is easily absorbed into the skin.
Here are the best ways of using a coffee as a mask to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
Mask – 1: (Coffee Grounds with Black Pepper and Coconut Oil)
Coffee grounds has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce your inflammation of your eyes and tighten the skin. Black pepper stimulates the blood circulation and proper oxygen supply to the eyes.
Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and vitamin E content reduces the swelling and puffiness. This process also protects the eye area from UV damage and aging.
- Add a pinch of black pepper powder in 1 teaspoon of fresh coffee grounds.
- Then mix a 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil and some water in it.
- Stir well to make it a paste and apply it under your eyes carefully.
- Let it sit for about 5 – 10 minutes and gently wipe off using a wet tissue (or washcloth).
- Dry your skin and apply some moisturizer to your eyes.
- Repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from dark circles and puffy eyes.
Mask – 2: (Coffee Grounds with Honey and Vitamin E Oil)
Coffee tightens the skin and soothes the puffiness of your eyes. Aloe vera acts as a great moisturizer and reduces pigmentation under the eyes. Vitamin E oil reduces inflammation and prevents dark circles.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee beans, 1 teaspoon each of aloe vera and vitamin E oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it as a thick layer on under your eyes.
- Let it sit for 15 – 20 minutes and wipe it off using a wet tissue.
- Rinse it off with cold water and dry the area.
- Do this eye mask regularly till you get rid of under eye darkness and puffiness.
Note: Or mix 1 tablespoon of fresh coffee grounds with 1 teaspoon of honey and water (or freshly brewed coffee) to make a paste and apply it on your under eyes. Wipe off with a wet tissue after 7 – 10 minutes.
Mask – 3: (Coffee Grounds with Egg White)
Egg white is filled with full of vitamins and proteins that tighten and firm your skin to reduce puffiness. Coffee and egg white combination help you to get relief from puffy eyes.
- Separate egg white from an egg and whip it thoroughly.
- Then mix 2 teaspoons of coffee grounds in egg white.
- Stir well till they mixed thoroughly and apply it around and under the eyes as a mask.
- Let it sit for 7 – 10 minutes and wipe it off using a wet tissue or cloth.
- Regular follow-up will definitely help you to get rid of puffy eyes.
Note: Or mix 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds with 3 tablespoons of yogurt (or heavy cream) to make a paste. Apply it under your eyes as a mask and massage gently. Wipe off after 15 – 20 minutes and rinse with warm water to de-puff your eyes.
Mask – 4: (Chilled Coffee Grounds)
Preparing a coffee mask with used coffee grounds will also help to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Brew a cup of coffee using coffee grounds and scoop out the coffee grounds with a spoon and place it in a separate bowl.
- Refrigerate the grounds for few minutes to get a chilled sensation, as cool temperature cause the blood vessels to constrict and reduces the puffiness.
- Then apply under your eyes and massage gently for a couple of minutes.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and wipe it off.
- Finally, rinse the area with water and pat dry it.
Mask – 5: (Coffee Eye Pads)
Freshly brewed coffee with organic coffee grounds will help to reduce the inflammation and relieves you from the puffy or tired eyes.
- Brew 1 cup of organic coffee and pour 3 tablespoons in a bowl.
- Keep the bowl aside to get coffee cools down and in the meanwhile enjoy your coffee.
- Then dip cotton pads in it and place it on your closed eyes for 5 – 10 minutes.
- After that, remove the cotton pads and rinse off your eyes with water.
- Repeat regularly for best results of clearing dark circles and puffy eyes.
Note: Or pour some brewed coffee in the ice tray and freeze it to make coffee ice cubes. Use it in the morning by rubbing all around the eye area to reduce puffiness and darkness under the eyes.
Tips and Precautions:
- For best results, prefer to use dry and unused coffee grounds, as the brewed coffee grounds has less amount of tannins and caffeine content.
- Regular usage of coffee grounds will definitely reduce dark circles and puffy eyes by tightening the skin and makes it look brighter and firmer.
- Other than using the coffee mask, drink plenty of water, consume a healthy and well-balanced diet, reduce your salt and sugars in your diet, etc. should be followed to get rid of puffy and dark rings under your eyes.
- Do some regular exercises, sleep for at least 7 – 8 hours, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, etc. should be included in your lifestyle.
- Make sure to gently dry your eyes after applying the coffee eye masks and apply a light moisturizer to prevent dryness.
- Consult your doctor if you don’t get any relief from these dark circles and puffy eyes, as it can also be caused due to any health issue. So, get proper diagnose and treatment.
Try these coffee eye masks to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes. Let me know which mask worked well in treating your problem by sharing in the comments box.