There is an inbuilt natural detox system in our body which helps to get rid of impurities and toxins from our body. In general, we came into contact with toxins in everywhere like in the food, air (we breathe), water, etc.
Our body detoxifies the toxins and the toxins enter into the body every time. So, to get rid of these toxins, we have to follow a detox diet to enhance the body’s natural detox process.
Detoxification helps to support the liver functioning and thereby maintains a natural balanced state in our body. Here we are going to learn about how to deal with toxins which accumulate in the body on a daily basis.
Detoxification will help to reduce getting sick, enhance your energy levels and strengthens your immune system. There are some excellent ways that make you easy to detoxify your body regularly.
Simple Tips to Follow to Detoxify your Body:
Here are some daily actions mentioned that help to detoxify your body naturally. All you need to follow them regularly. Let’s get started.
1. Lemon Water:
Lemon is very effective in detoxifying your body and reducing the harmful toxins. The citric acid and vitamin C content in lemon aids in producing bile in the liver and more bile means a smooth flow of food through your gastrointestinal tract.
It also alkalizes the pH level of the body and thereby makes it more resistant to disease-causing germs. Drink lemon water in the early morning (or) include lemon in your daily diet to grab this detoxification.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir well and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If you want, you can add a little organic honey in it.
- But be sure to wait for 30 minutes to eat breakfast after drinking lemon water.
- Do the same process daily to detoxify your body.
Every organ in our body needs water for metabolic process. It helps to flush out the toxins and thereby clears feces. So, drinking plenty of water (10 glasses) will help to keep the bowel and digestive system healthy which in turn keeps your body free from harmful toxins.
For best results, drink 1 – 2 glasses of water in every morning on an empty stomach (prefer to drink water stored in a copper vessel) for better functioning of the digestive tract.
3. Dry Brushing:
Dry brushing is a simple way to slough off the dead cells and harmful toxins that accumulate deep into the skin. It activates the sweat glands and thereby excretes toxins through sweat from the skin.
- Stand upright in the bathroom and start dry brushing using a natural bristle brush or just a dry loofah.
- Continue this dry brushing to the whole body for about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Then after, go for a long warm bath and rinse your body with a cool shower.
- Dry your skin and nourish the skin using a good moisturizer.
- Repeat this dry brushing for 3 – 5 times a week on regular basis.
4. Detoxification Smoothies:
Fruits and vegetables like beetroot, kale, spinach, apples, pineapple, kiwis, oranges, pears, avocado, ginger, alfalfa sprouts, etc. will help to detoxify your body. Intake of green smoothies will help to remove toxic wastes by stimulating the digestive tract.
Here is a simple green smoothie recipe which aids in detoxification.
- Pour a handful of spinach, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cucumber, 1 medium size apple (pieces), 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 1 cup of green tea (or) coconut water (or) non-fat yogurt in a blender.
- Blend it for few minutes till it forms as a smoothie.
- Pour this smoothie into a glass and drink it daily to get detoxify your body.
5. Oil Pulling:
Oil pulling is an Ayurvedic technique that removes harmful toxins from the body. It detoxifies the body and thus stimulates the metabolism-regulating hormones and thereby leads to weight loss.
- It also freshen your breath, makes your teeth white and enhances oral health.
- Place 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil into your mouth.
- Start swishing the oil around the mouth for 15 – 20 minutes.
- After that, spit it out (not swallow it) and brush your teeth normally.
- Be sure to wait for 30 minutes after doing this oil pulling.
- For best results, do the same process daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
6. Green Tea:
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help to detoxify the body by eliminating harmful toxins. So, switch to green tea rather than your regular coffee. It has polyphenols that help to promote the production of fat burning hormones which in turn boost metabolism and clears toxins.
- Drink 2 – 3 cups of green tea (or any other herbal teas) to detoxify your body from harmful toxins.
- Drink it daily to get rid of toxins and its effects on the body.
7. Get Deep Sleep:
Getting deep sleep is essential for proper functioning of your brain and other vital organs, as sleep will help to eliminate toxins from the body and thus makes you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. So, go for a deep sleep without having much late night parties or watching late night shows.
This late night sleep will delay the bowel movement or holding back the urine in the morning will make the body to reabsorb the toxins.
Sweat aids in eliminating toxins from the body and exercise is the best way to promote sweating. So, do some regular exercises for at least 30 minutes daily which helps to power up the lungs and gives proper breathing. It also makes your organs strong and improves your metabolism.
9. Say No to Toxic Substance:
Eliminate or lessen the intake of toxic substances when you’re following detoxification process. so, avoid the intake of coffee (caffeine products), alcohol, tobacco, packaged or processed foods, food that has chemicals or additives or preservatives, food that comes in cans or bags or boxes, sugars or artificial sweeteners, etc. which contribute to toxic buildup in the body.
It’s also important to reduce your stress levels, as stress is the main cause for going up of toxic levels in the body. So, managing your stress levels will help to detox the body on a daily basis.
10. Clean the Mouth:
Brushing isn’t enough to clean your mouth but you have to scrape your tongue daily to get rid of toxins inside the mouth. This thorough cleaning will help to remove harmful bacteria, fungi, germs, food debris and other dead cells from the surface of the tongue.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always consume whole or organic foods like fresh fruits and vegetables that have soluble fiber, natural nutrients, enzymes and antioxidants that help to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Go for a sauna bath for at least once a week which helps to improve blood circulation and eliminates toxins through sweating.
- Give your internal organs some time to rest and rejuvenate by fasting for a day or two. Do this fasting process for once in 2 months to get detoxify your whole body.
- Any problem rises due to improper functioning of the digestive tract. So, consume more of probiotic foods to regain good bacteria which are essential to improve digestion and detoxify the body.
Try these natural ways to detoxify your body and share your experience with us in the below comments box.