A lot of people in these days are suffering with dark circles under eyes. Actually, the skin around the eyes is thin and the blood flow through veins will show off a bluish tint. The more thinner the skin, then the more darker it looks like circles under the eyes.
Lack of sleep, prolonged crying, stress, certain health problems, aging, spending more hours in front of computers or televisions, poor diet, etc. are common causes for these dark under eye circles. Natural home remedies will give a helping hand for improving your dark under eye rings. Rosewater is one such natural ingredient that works wonders in diminishing these ugly dark circles.
Let’s talk about the incredible properties of rosewater that used for clearing under eye dark circles.
- It soothes the stressed under eye skin and hydrated it by locking the moisture levels.
- It acts as astringent that tightens and refreshes the skin around the eyes.
- It penetrates deep into the skin, open up the blocked pores and cleans the area effectively.
- It has anti – inflammatory and cooling property that reduces swelling and redness.
- It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that will provide you a protection against dust, pollutants, itching, etc. caused due to dark circles.
- It is rich in many essential vitamins and minerals that are required to rejuvenate the skin around eyes.
Now we are going to know about 3 best methods of using rosewater for treating your dark circles.
Method – 1: (Rosewater)
Here you have to apply rosewater directly on the affected areas for clearing dark circles.
Steps to be followed…
- Cleanse your face and dry it gently.
- Pour organic rosewater in a small bowl and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Let it soak for a minute and wring it to remove excess water.
- Place this cotton ball under the eye area and be sure to cover the dark rings.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse your face with cool water.
- Or place the cotton pad dipped in pure rosewater over the closed eyelids by lying down to relax yourself.
- Do this application twice daily for a week to observe the difference in reducing dark circles.
Method – 2: (Rosewater with Milk)
Milk has essential vitamins and minerals that moisture, nourish, restore the oil balance and lightens the under eye areas.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of cool milk with 1 teaspoon of rosewater in a bowl.
- Stir well and dip a cotton ball in this mix.
- Dab it on dark circles affected eye areas.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and remove the cotton balls.
- Rinse with cool water and dry the area gently.
- Apply moisturizer and repeat the process once or twice daily.
Note: Even rose petals also help to prevent dark circles, all you have to do is, make a paste of rose petals by adding enough milk and apply it over dark circles.
Method – 3: (Rosewater Paste with Sandalwood Powder)
Both these ingredients are very effective in treating many skin problems, including these black circles.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1/2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with enough of rosewater.
- Stir well to make it fine paste and apply this paste on clean under eye skin with your fingertips.
- Allow it to sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and wash the area with cool water.
- Dry the skin and continue the process regularly till you removed under eye dark circles completely.
Note: Use fuller’s earth instead of sandalwood powder to grab the same benefits.
Tips and Precautions:
- Using pure and homemade rosewater will give best results rather than store brought.
- You can also mix other natural ingredients like glycerin, almond oil, cucumber puree, aloe vera, lemon juice, etc. in rosewater and apply it on dark circles to get rid of it.
- For getting cooling or soothing effect, gently massage the rosewater ice cubes (just fill the icetray with rosewater and freeze) and around the eyes for few minutes to prevent the problem.
- There is no need to rinse your eyes after applying rosewater. If you want, you can leave it on the skin. But it’s must to rinse your eyes or face before sleeping to remove the makeup or dirt on it.
- Apart from regular usage of rosewater, you have to follow some healthy diet, plenty of sleep, stay hydrated, do some exercises, wash your eyes in some intervals of time while working on computers and finally lead a stress-less life to prevent the dark circles now and in future.
Stop waiting and start using this amazing nature’s gift for preventing your black circles under the eyes. Try different combinations till you got relief from the problem, but let me know which one worked well for you.