Everyone loves to have flawless and gorgeous skin but its color mainly depends on the pigments known as melanin, which is produced by melanocyte skin cells. So, the more the melanin pigment produced, the darker the skin will be.
Other than this, long exposure to sun rays, environmental pollutants, hormonal imbalances, dry skin, more usage of cosmetics, unhealthy diet and lifestyle, etc. are also some potent causes of dark coloration of the skin.
However, the usage of chemical loaded cosmetics which are harmful and might cause some serious side effects in a long run. Try some natural skin whiteners like coconut oil that are easily available at home and has many amazing properties in it which evenly tone up the uneven skin tone.
Does Coconut Oil works for Skin Whitening?
Yes, it definitely works for skin whitening. Have a look on its properties to get an idea that how it works.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and lightens up the uneven skin tone by reducing the scars and other unwanted darkness on the skin.
- It has essential medium-chain fatty acids like lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid that exhibits antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties which boost up the immune system and fights against the bacteria, fungi and other microbes causing skin infections and irritations.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that soothes the irritated and damaged skin and heals it faster to get even and bright skin tone than before.
- The vitamin E and antioxidant in coconut oil helps the skin cells to mature and become healthier which in turn makes the skin cells shed off as they should and helps for the generation of new and healthy skin cells underneath the skin.
- It penetrates deep into the skin layers of tissue and eradicates the underlying skin infection which contributes to skin damage or uneven skin tone like psoriasis, eczema, dry skin, itching, sunburn, acne and bug bites along with scars on the skin to get even skin tone.
- The fatty acids in coconut oil help to lock the moisture in the skin and nourish the skin to make it smooth and soft. Simply replace your regularly used moisturizer with coconut oil and have a regular massage with coconut oil to hydrate the skin.
How Coconut Oil is used for Skin Whitening:
Coconut oil can be used in many ways for brightening up your skin tone, but here we are providing you with the best of 4 coconut oil methods that widely used for clearing the uneven skin tone.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil)
Organic coconut oil alone can works well in providing the best results of lightening your skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Take enough of organic, cold-pressed coconut oil into your hands.
- Apply this on the clean uneven skin tone areas at night time before going to bed.
- Massage it gently for few minutes for the skin to absorb the oil.
- Leave it on for overnight and rinse it off in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the same process daily until you got even and lighten skin tone.
Note: Or simply add a little of coconut oil in your bath water while bathing to enjoy the smoothening, lightening and soothing effect to your skin.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil with Lemon)
Mixing few drops of fresh lemon juice to coconut oil will make the oil works more effective to lighten the dark spots. This skin whitening lotion is very effective for skin lightening, especially for face whitening and dark thighs lightening.
Steps to be followed…
- Add few drops of freshly extracted lemon juice into 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- Stir it well and apply this mix on the clean face with the help of cotton ball at night before bed time.
- Let it sit for about 15 – 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Continue applying this lemon and coconut oil lotion regularly for skin lightening.
- Or else mix equal quantities of lemon juice (acts as natural astringent) and coconut oil along with 1 teaspoon of flour to make a paste. Apply it as a mask on dark and uneven skin tone. Rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 2 teaspoons of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mix as a thick coat on the clean skin where you have uneven skin tone. Wash the applied areas with cool after 10 – 15 minutes. Dry the skin and repeat as needed.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil with Turmeric)
Turmeric has an excellent compound called curcumin, which regulates the production of melanin and thus provides you with an even skin tone complexion. Coconut oil moisturizes the dry and damaged skin. This combination penetrates deep into skin layers and lightens the skin tone from inside.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in 2 tablespoons of flour powder.
- Stir all these ingredients to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste all over the face as your face pack.
- Wait for 20 – 25 minutes and wipe it off with warm wet cloth followed with cold water to close the skin pores.
- Regularly apply this turmeric – coconut oil face packs to get rid of the dark discolored skin.
- Or mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in sufficient amount of coconut oil to make a fine paste and apply this paste on the black and uneven skin tone areas. Leave it for few minutes to overnight and wash with lukewarm water.
- Also, add 1/2 mashed ripe banana and a pinch of turmeric in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir well and apply this on the clean face as a face mask. Rinse it off with cool water after waiting for 15 – 20 minutes.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil with Baking Soda)
Baking soda exfoliates the skin to remove the cellular damage and also prevents the build up from clogged pores. Coconut oil prevents the irritation caused by exfoliation. Lemon juice with its citric acid content treats irregular pigmentation, fine lines, and enlarged pores. Tea tree oil clears the skin infections. So, this combination is very effective in lightening the uneven and dark skin tone.
Steps to be followed…
- Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1/2 tablespoon of freshly extracted lemon juice, 2 – 4 drops of tea tree oil and 1/8 tablespoon of organic coconut oil in a bowl.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply this paste on the dark discolored skin areas.
- Let it sit for 3 – 4 minutes and then start scrubbing the paste applied areas with your clean fingers.
- Rinse it thoroughly and dry the skin.
- Do the same process for once or twice a week till you achieved whiter skin tone.
Note: Always remember to apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
Best Time to Apply Coconut Oil for Skin Lightening:
It is recommended for you to stay at home if you applied coconut oil on the dark spots why because it turns the skin into black or dark. The reason is that when the skin is exposed to harmful UV rays then the composition residing in oil along with melanin will darken the skin color. Or it might be due to the dust or dirt that gets attracted by the oil into the skin.
So, prefer to apply coconut oil at night time for gaining more benefits of skin whitening. Use sunscreen while you go out in the sun and coconut oil at night time as a perfect night cream for getting whiter skin tone.
Tips and Precautions:
- Use unrefined, organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil instead of refined coconut oil to get rid of many health and skin problems including skin whitening.
- Include coconut oil in your daily diet to nourish your skin from inside. You can simply consume 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil daily by mouth or mix it in your coffee or teas or smoothies.
- Even coconut water and coconut milk will help to lighten up your skin tone.
- Although coconut oil suits for everyone but it’s better to check once by doing skin patch test to know whether it is allergic or not for you and then continue using it regularly.
Have you ever used coconut oil for your skin whitening? If not, then it’s time to start using it for attaining a natural whiter skin. Do you know any other coconut methods or queries for skin whitening? Then share it with us.
Leave a Reply