Long and thick eyelashes will make a person’s eyes look more beautiful and attractive. Eyelashes not only draw attention to the eyes but also protect it from dust, allergens and other debris from falling into the eyes by acting as sensors and thus prevent the transfer of infections to eyes.
Perfect length of eyelashes will help to control the airflow and the rate of evaporation on the surface of cornea which in turn helps to keep the eyes moist for a longer time and keep the dust particles away. So, it has been proved that longer eyelashes are not only for beauty conscious but also related to health.
But due to certain factors like age, nutritional deficiency, genetics, hormonal imbalance, certain medical problems, eye infections, rubbing the eyes roughly, sleeping without removing eye makeup, etc. will delicate the lashes to fall off to make it thin eyelashes.
Are you one among those people suffering from thin eyelashes group? Don’t get worried about your scanty growth, all you have to do is to take proper care and follow some natural home remedies rather than harmful cosmetics for getting thicker growth to your eyelashes.
Coconut oil is the best natural remedy for promoting both eyelashes and eyebrows growth. It makes the eyelashes look bolder and thicker without harming your eyes. Always look for organic, cold pressed virgin coconut oil for treating any health or beauty problem, including for longer eyelashes.
Why Coconut Oil?
Still having doubt on how does coconut oil promotes longer eyelashes? Here we are providing some of its properties that clarify your doubts and thus make you to try this oil for longer and thicker eyelashes.
- It is natural oil that can be safely used around the eyes including lashes. Unfortunately, if this oil gets into the eyes, then also it won’t cause any harm to eyes or vision, unlike the usage of cosmetic products.
- It provides natural moisturizer to the lashes (just like it does to hair) to prevent the dust and allergens getting into the eyes.
- It has all medium-chain fatty acids like lauric, caprylic, capric and myristic acid which are meant to be essential building blocks for every cell including eyelashes in the human body.
- It penetrates the eyelash follicles to stimulate its hair growth. It is a non – comedogenic that helps not to clog the skin pores.
- It is very capable of fighting against the hair related issues like dandruff, itchiness and other fungal infections in which some people will get them on their lashes.
- It provides a natural lubricant to the eyes and also acts as a cosmetic that makes the lashes soft and shine.
- It strengthens the lashes to prevent them from falling or breaking and thus promote its growth.
How to use Coconut Oil for Eyelashes:
Long, thick and lush eyelashes are the dream for every woman and coconut oil will definitely fulfill their dream or desire of having long and shiny eyelashes. All you have to do is to follow the below mentioned best coconut oil methods.
Method – 1: (Coconut Oil Eyelash Serum)
DIY coconut oil eyelash serum is a natural cosmetic that makes the best usage of coconut oil for eyelashes growth. Coconut oil acts as a natural pulling agent that draws out the impurities and make the eyelash follicles to stimulate regrowth, Lemon oil helps for cleansing and stimulate the growth, Lavender oil nourishes the lashes and follicles.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour virgin coconut oil into roller bottle till it filled up to 1/4 inch from the top of the bottle.
- Then add 1 drop each of lemon essential oil and lavender oil in this coconut oil.
- Stir it well and push the roller lid on the top of bottle.
- Shake it well to make the serum ready to use for getting longer and lush eyelashes.
- Apply this serum to your eyelashes with the roller ball of the bottle at night before bedtime to prevent greasy looking for daytime usage.
- Usage of roller ball will help to keep the eyes from becoming contaminated. So, use roller ball rather than touching with your fingers.
- Be sure that to blot your lashes with a clean cloth, if there is too much oil on your eyes and there won’t be any oil dripping into the eyes.
- Let it sit for overnight to make the lashes feel well moisturized and rinse it off in the next morning.
- Continue applying this oil serum daily at night time till you achieved the desired results of long and thicker eyelashes.
- Be sure to cleanse your face with coconut oil based soap and water and dry it with a clean and soft cloth.
- Skip using any other eyelash products or serums or any other eye creams while using this natural oil serum.
- This recipe is used as a mascara remover by just applying this serum with a clean cloth and then rinse your eyes thoroughly with water.
- Alternatively, mix 2 – 4 drops of lavender oil in 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. Stir well and apply this mix on the eyelashes (from roots down to the ends) with a cotton swab.
Method – 2: (Coconut Oil)
Coconut oil alone can be used effectively to grow your eyelashes. It provides strength and thickness to eyelashes.
Steps to be followed…
- Dip a clean cotton swab in virgin coconut oil.
- Dab it on the eyelashes and massage it gently with your fingers by closing the eyes – downside and opening your eyes – upside.
- Leave it for few hours and then wash your face with water.
- Be sure that not to apply too much oil on the lashes.
- Repeat the same process regularly.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil with Other Carrier Oil)
Due to many reasons like weakening of the skin tissues around the eyes, lack of nutrition, etc. eyelashes will fall out or disappear. If left like that, it might lead to sloppy skin and makes it hard for eyelashes to stick. So, to clear this problem, use a combination of coconut oil with other carrier oils.
Steps to be followed…
- Add few drops of castor oil and grape seed oil in 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix onto the eyelashes.
- Let it sit for about an hour or two and then wash it off with water.
- Dry the area and repeat it daily for few weeks to obtain best results.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil Eyelash Extensions)
This homemade eyelash growth serum contains castor oil (natural source of omega – 6 fats, vitamins, and proteins that promote hair growth), emu oil (moisturizes and nourishes), vitamin E oil (enhance strong hair growth) and coconut oil that helps for healthy, shiny, long and lustrous eyelashes.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1 teaspoon each of castor oil and emu oil, vitamin E oil from 2 capsules and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a small dropper bottle.
- Stir all these ingredients in the bottle.
- Squeeze a drop or two of this serum onto your finger or cotton swab.
- Dab it on eyelashes and massage it gently on the lash line at night time.
- Leave it on for overnight and wash it off in the next morning.
- Use this eyelash growth serum daily for best results.
Tips and Precautions:
Here are some additional tips and precautions to follow for getting longer and luxuriant eyelashes.
- Avoid wearing fake eyelashes with an adhesive, as it may cause some allergies or irritation to the eyes (especially to contact lenses wearers).
- Application of cosmetics around the eyes will make them red and irritated but the usage of coconut oil won’t cause any harm to eyes and helps for the growth of eyelashes, when applied around the eyes on regular basis.
- Wash your eyes at night before sleeping to remove the makeup, dust and also to relieve the stress on your eyes which in turn help for the growth of lashes.
- Make sure to toss out your old mascara, as it grows bacterial after usage of 3 – 4 months of time.
- Coconut oil is found to be allergic or cause some skin disorders in very rare cases like to those who are hypersensitive. When this oil is used in moderate amount, it won’t cause any side effects or interactions.
Have you ever tired coconut oil as a natural remedy for growing eyelashes? If not, give a trial to this oil rather than harmful cosmetics or creams. Share your experience with us.