Boils (or skin abscess or Furuncles) is a bacterial infection that appears as round, red, pus filled, hard and painful lumps on the skin. It is caused due to the release of toxins in the body (or) entering the staphylococcal bacteria into a hair follicle (through cuts or scratches) or a sweat gland, particularly on the area where it is exposed to friction.
Thighs are the most common skin area for the boils to occur. Weak immune system, harsh chemicals, unhealthy diet, diabetes, infected sweat glands, poor hygiene, chronic diseases, etc. will make the people more prone to develop boils.
Intake of antibiotics is not suggested for healthy living, so use natural ingredients which have antibiotic properties to heal the boils on your inner thighs.
Natural Home Remedies for Boils:
Boils can be healed on their own within a week to 10 days but to speed up the healing process and to relieve you from the pain, try these natural home remedies regularly.
Remedy – 1: (Tea Tree Oil)
Tea tree oil has terpinen – 4 – ol that exhibits antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that kill the bacteria, relieves you from itching and reduces your pain to get rid of boils.
- Dilute few drops of tea tree oil and lavender oil in a bowl of warm water.
- Then soak a clean washcloth in this water and squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Place this warm compress on the boils affected skin areas and wait for 10 – 15 minutes till the cloth cools down.
- Repeat the same process for 3 – 5 times daily till you cleared the boils.
- Or mix few drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of carrier oil (coconut oil or almond oil or olive oil). Apply this mix on boils using a cotton ball. Rinse off with water after few minutes.
- Also, soak a cotton swab in tea tree oil and place it directly on the boils. If you’ve stinging sensation, then dilute tea tree oil with few drops of water and then apply it on the boils.
Remedy – 2: (Onions)
Onions have antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that heal your boils. It acts as an irritant and absorbent that draws out the heat from your boil and thus promotes eruption.
- Cut a fresh red onion into thick slices and place them on the boil.
- Cover it with a cloth like a poultice and replace the onion slices for every 2 – 3 hours.
- Continue doing the same regularly till the boil erupts and drains.
- Or mix 1/4 teaspoon of honey in 1 teaspoon of fresh onion juice and apply it on the boil affected areas. Rinse off with lukewarm water after few minutes. Repeat it regularly.
- Or simply apply freshly prepared onion juice or paste or any other onion extract on the boils to get relief from the problem.
Remedy – 3: (Turmeric)
Turmeric has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that fight against the bacteria and relieves you from the pain. It has blood purifying and detoxifying nature that clears itching and boost up your immunity.
- Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with enough water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the boil infected inner thighs and let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Then after, rinse off with water and dry the area.
- Regular follow – up of this process will bring the boil to a head and burst it quickly for a faster relief.
- Or mix turmeric powder with vinegar and milk cream (or garlic juice with turmeric) to make a paste. Apply it on the boils and rinse off after 10 – 15 minutes to get relief from the pain.
- Also, drink turmeric milk prepared by mixing 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 1 glass of milk. Drink it twice daily to get rid of pain and discomfort caused by the boils.
Remedy – 4: (Neem)
Neem or Indian lilac has antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that give relief from boils on the inner thighs.
- Grind a handful of neem leaves with some turmeric powder and water to make a paste.
- Spread this paste on the boils affected area and let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and dry the area thoroughly.
- Do the same process for few times daily till you get relief from the boils on the inner thighs.
Note: Or boil few fresh neem leaves in a pan of water for few minutes till the water remains half of its original quantity. Allow the mix to cool and strain it. Use this neem water to rinse your affected area.
Remedy – 5: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has many essential acids, nutrients, and enzymes that break down the boil’s layer and penetrate deep into the skin to clear the problem from the root. It has antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help you to get relief from itching, pain and thereby infection.
- Pour some water in 2 tablespoons of organic ACV and stir well.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mix and dab it on the boils.
- Leave it on for few minutes and repeat the process few times daily till the boil opens up and drains.
- Or mix equal parts of raw honey and organic ACV. Apply it on the boil affected area and rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat it for twice daily.
- Also, mix 1 tablespoon of ACV and 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Stir well and drink it to get relief from inside the body.
Tips and Precautions:
- If you’re symptoms persists or having a fever with pain even after 10 days, then consult your doctor for proper diagnose and treatment.
- Placing a warm compress on the boils affected inner thighs will increase the blood circulation and clears infection quickly. Place a cloth squeezed from warm water over your boil for several times till the boil erupts and pus drains out.
- Epsom salt is highly absorbent and drying agent that draws out the impurities and toxins from the skin to heal boils. Soak in the bathwater dissolved with 1 cup of Epsom salt (OR) soak a cloth in a mix (1/4 cup of Epsom salt in 2 cups of warm water). Squeeze it and place it on the boil for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Also, apply cornmeal paste or fresh milk cream or crushed garlic cloves or castor oil on the boils to get rid of the problem.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables, foods rich in vitamins (E, A & C) and zinc in your daily diet to enhance your immunity and to get rid of boils now and then.
- Never ever squeeze or lance a boil, as it causes swelling and pain and thus spreads the infection to the surrounding skin areas.
- Gently rinse off the boil and its surrounding areas using a loofah regularly will prevent bacteria and excess oil buildup on the skin and relieves you from the problem.
- It’s suggested to clean the cuts or wounds immediately and cover it with a bandage for faster healing and to prevent bacteria.
Try these natural remedies for treating boils on your inner thighs. Do you know any other remedies to treat boils? Then share it with us.