Pollen is a substance collected by bees due to its high nutritional value, full of nutrients, proteins, oils, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and many others. It can come in granule or pellet form and appears in a yellowish to orange color. Besides for bees, it is also beneficial to humans by enhancing memory, energy and performance and also helps to lose weight.
Weight loss is defined as the decrease in the body weight, which if you are overweight, can lead to many health and beauty benefits. Bee pollen helps you reach your desired weight without strain or side effects.
Is Bee Pollen Good for Weight Loss:
- It is an appetite suppressant that makes you feel full.
- It contains amino acids that helps to increase the metabolism rate by flushing and dissolving the fat cells in the body.
- It contains lecithin which is responsible for the pollen’s calorie burning properties. It also acts as natural energizer.
- It lowers the calorie intake, prevents the conversion of sugars and carbohydrates into fat and reduces the fat deposition in the body.
- It immediately absorbs the fat from the dietary fat.
How to Use Bee Pollen for Weight Loss:
These all are natural methods without any side effects.
Method – 1:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of bee pollen granules over your food or breakfast toast or cereal.
- Eat this food regularly to reduce weight and increase immunity.
Method – 2:
- Mix a teaspoon of bee pollen into your favorite drink.
- Stir it well and drink regularly.
- This works well in drinks like coffee, green tea or any energy drink.
Method – 3:
- Swallow a teaspoon of bee pollen granules first thing in the morning.
- Follow it up daily till you reach the desired weight loss goal.
How much Bee Pollen to take for Weight Loss?
- If you’re taking bee pollen in the form of liquid of granule form, then the recommended dose is to start it with a quarter of teaspoon once a day and increase gradually to a full teaspoon taken 2 – 3 times per day.
- If you’re taking in tablets or pills form, then take 2 capsules of 450 mg to 550 mg for 3 – 4 times per day.
- Topical creams and salves that have bee pollen should be used as per the recommendations listed on packaging by consulting your doctor.
Bee Pollen Pills for Weight Loss:
There are different kinds of bee pollen weight loss pills or capsules that are instantly available in the market today, however make sure to consult your healthcare provider before taking any. Always take with water as this helps bee pollen to get absorbed into bloodstream. If you miss a dose, avoid taking a double dose the next day as this will cause health issues.
- Many experts recommend that taking bee pollen pills that meets Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and are registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Always maintain a healthy diet and exercise while you’re taking bee pollen.
- Avoid eating food high in fats and sugars.
- Be aware that some bee pollen supplements are contaminated so choose freeze dried to receive maximum nutritional benefit.
- Store the bee pollen in the refrigerator or freezer to preserve its nutritional values and extend its shelf life.
- For every remedy or medicine, you have to start it with a small dose and then build it.
Take these precautions before using bee pollen:
- Some people are allergic to bee pollen and it can interact with other medications so consult doctor before taking.
- Side effects can include breathing problems, headaches, fatigue, stomach pain, swelling, nausea, skin allergies, hives, wheezing, couching, asthma reactions and in some severe cases it cause anaphylactic shock also.
- Some researchers say that there is no scientific data that links the weight loss to the ingestion of bee pollen and its supplements. This weight loss is claimed first by the bee pollen supplements marketing companies, rather than from any independent research groups.
We are always happy to know your experiences about bee pollen for weight loss.