When the hair follicles clogged with oil, dirt, dead skin cells and other impurities on the top layer of skin, then they are exposed to air. It becomes oxidizes and turns to black color which is named as blackheads. It affects people of all ages by occurring on the face (especially on nose), neck, arm, shoulders, chest and back of the skin.
We all hate blackheads and want to clear them quickly but squeezing is not a best option for its cure. So, using natural remedies like baking soda as your weapon against blackheads will definitely save your skin from this nightmare.
Here are some baking soda properties that make it as a best blackhead remover.
- It exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells or other impurities to make the skin soft, smooth and clean.
- It neutralizes the pH levels of the skin which in turn makes the skin to produce less oil and prevents blackheads.
- It acts as a natural cleanser that cleans the applied skin area without using any harsh chemicals and makes it free from any impurities.
- It has mild antibacterial properties that fight against the germs on the skin and clear it effectively.
Want to know how to use baking soda for blackheads? Then check out these effective baking soda methods for getting rid of blackheads.
Method – 1: (Baking Soda)
It is the simplest and most widely used baking soda method for blackheads prevention.
Steps to be followed…
- Clean your face with warm water or place a wet cloth dipped in hot water over your face to open up the pores.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with enough of water to make it as fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your face by focusing on blackheads affected area.
- Wait for 2 – 4 minutes and massage it gently in circular motion for another 2 – 4 minutes.
- This scrubbing process helps to remove the dead cells, dirt and impurities along with blackheads.
- Wash it off with warm water followed by cold water to close the skin pores.
- Dry the skin and apply a facial moisturizer that suits your skin type to prevent dryness.
- If you want, use apple cider vinegar as toner to balance the natural pH levels after this process by mixing equal quantities of vinegar and water.
- Continue doing this baking soda mask regularly until you cleared blackheads on skin completely.
- Simply use diluted baking soda mix only on affected areas like nose rather than whole skin, if you have sensitive or dry skin to prevent irritation.
- Alternatively, massage your damp face with enough of baking soda, concentrate on affected areas in circular motion for about 30 – 40 seconds. Rinse it off with water and apply moisturizer.
Method – 2: (Baking Soda Mask with Apple Cider Vinegar)
Both the ingredients are very effective in treating acne and blackheads without causing any damage to the skin.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 2 tablespoons of baking soda slowly.
- Stir it well till the bubbles are cleared and forms as thin paste.
- Apply this paste on the face as a thick layer of the mask using your fingers.
- Let the stay for about 20 – 30 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Then rinse it off with warm water to remove any of the mask residue.
- Finally, splash with cold water and dry the skin to apply moisturizer.
- Apply this mask regularly to remove blackheads quickly.
Method – 3: (Baking Soda Facial Scrub)
Scrubbing is the best way to remove and prevent blackheads. Let’s get started to know how to do this scrubbing process.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix baking soda and water in enough quantities to make it a thick paste.
- Add few drops of any essential oils and stir well.
- Apply this all over the face and neck but focus more on the blackhead affected areas.
- Leave for a minute or two and then start scrubbing it gently in small circles with your warm wet hands.
- Repeat this scrubbing process regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
Tips and Precautions:
- Avoid applying baking soda on open wounds and squeezed pimples. Also, rinse the baking soda, if the applied skin area starts stinging sensation or having any allergic reactions. Be sure to consult your dermatologist for quick relief.
- Don’t repeat or over-use the baking soda methods, as it causes irritation along with drying and cracking the skin.
- You can also mix other natural ingredients like lemon juice, sugar, rubbing alcohol, herbs, salt, honey, milk, mint toothpaste, tomato juice, oatmeal, honey & salt, lemon & sugar, etc. in baking soda and apply this as mask or scrub to get rid of blackheads.
- Avoid using harsh cleansers and other creams for removing blackheads.
- Regularly wash your face for at least twice a day to clear dirt, dead cells and oils on the skin.
- Steam your face occasionally before applying baking soda methods on the face that help to open up the pores and gives the results at a faster rate.
Try these amazing baking soda methods for removing your blackheads. Feel free to share your experience with us.