Gastritis (or stomach inflammation) is the feel of fire in your gut that caused due to a group of conditions (like excessive alcohol use, stress, over usage of NSAIDs or pain reliever drugs, chronic vomiting, bacterial infections, over eating, acidic drinks, vitamin B12 deficiency, improper diet, bile reflux diseases, etc.) which makes the stomach lining as inflamed.
This is a burning or aching pain in the stomach. Actually, we have a mucus covering that protects the stomach from the acid which is produced from the food we eat but due to certain reasons (which I mentioned above) will scrape away the delicate lining that covers the stomach and makes a hole in it. Then this acid goes into the stomach, the lining gets irritated and causes gastritis.
Gastritis can be of acute or chronic and might cause bleeding in your gut in certain cases. Heartburn, abdominal pain, hiccups, loss of appetite, etc. are some of the gastritis symptoms.
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) will stand best in treating gastritis problem along with its symptoms. It is an age-old remedy that used by the father of medicine, Hippocrates for treating many health, skin, and hair problems.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar good for Gastritis?
- It improves gastrointestinal health, increases energy, works as anti-fungal and reduces triglyceride levels.
- It raises hydrochloric acid that helps to break down the food which in turn improves digestion, stomach lining immunity and prevents inflammation.
- Acetic and malic acid in cider vinegar converts carbohydrates into energy and thus boost up the energy production in oxygen-deprived conditions.
- It balances the pH levels and as a result, healthy bacteria will be able to flourish in the gastrointestinal system. It also prevents the fungi or other microbes getting into the intestine and causing the problem.
- It is rich in many essential vitamins and minerals that help to soothe the irritated stomach and prevents gastritis.
It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps you to get relief from the stomach inflammation.
- In certain times, due to reduced production of hydrochloric acid, the stomach promotes gastritis. So, some naturopaths advise us to take a tablespoon of ACV during a flare – up to balance the acid – alkaline nature. If it works effectively for you then continue taking a little with meals.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gastritis:
Here are the best methods of using apple cider vinegar for gastritis. All you need to use organic, raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar with mother content for treating your gastritis.
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey)
Apple cider vinegar prevents the microbial infections and honey will soothe the irritated stomach lining to cure gastritis quickly.
Steps to be followed…
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 glass of water.
- Stir well and drink this mix to raise hydrochloric acid production and improves digestion.
- Consume this drink whenever you suffer from gastritis or before or after your meals to get rid of the problem.
Method – 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Water)
Diluted ACV acts as a best antacid that relieves you from intestinal problems including gastritis.
Steps to be followed…
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water (prefer warm water).
- Drink this for once or twice a day.
- Regular drinking of diluted apple cider vinegar (before or with meals) will help you to prevent gastritis problem.
Note: Or add some cranberry juice in diluted cider vinegar before drinking.
Method – 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda)
This process is especially useful when you’re allergic to acidic products and want to neutralize the acidic nature of vinegar. Mixing baking soda with vinegar will neutralize the acid content and balances the pH level of the intestine.
Steps to be followed…
- Mix some baking soda and apple cider vinegar in a glass.
- Then add 1 glass of water and stir well.
- Drink this mix to get relief from gastritis.
- Repeat the same regularly till you completely get rid of the problem.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Instead of taking anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin or ibuprofen, take acetaminophen whenever you suffer from gastritis.
- In certain cases, the usage of ACV might worse the gastritis problem. So, stop using vinegar and consult your doctor for immediate diagnose and treatment.
- Other than using ACV methods, follow a healthy diet, reduce stress levels, avoid drinking alcohol or other acidic drinks, do regular exercises, etc. to get relief from gastritis or other gut problems now and then.
- Use organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar which is filled with powerful mother enzymes for treating gastritis.
- Regular intake of ACV will harm your teeth and causes tooth erosion that damages your teeth enamel. So, use a straw for drinking ACV and also not getting any problems.
Do you have gastritis and know some tips for preventing or coping with it, then share it with us through the comment box below.